Geno got punked! | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Geno got punked!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Nah, that's more your style. Small and ineffectual.

Pro tip: If you are going to try and insult people, try and do it in a way that makes sense.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Oh I guess there are no other posts.

But yeah part of the reason his team gagged is because he cracked. That was pretty obvious.

You guys should realize that this is how you create the environment where some enjoy when he loses. I know you don’t, but you should.

So if he did this with the men's team, you'd say he created an environment among UConn fans when they enjoy him losing? Right. Amazing to see such disdain just because he coaches the best women's program in history.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame shouldn't even be in the Final Four and Jessica Shepherd should not have been playing for them. Transfers are supposed to sit out a year, not "yes she can play right away". Azura Stevens had to sit out a year, imagine if the NCAA had allowed her to play right away last year??? Do you think UConn would have lost to Miss State???? Sid Wilson has to sit out a year too. Only thing I can think of is Muffet had party pictures of the NCAA staff. Lol. UConn got the shaft again plain and simple.

Amen, has anyone actually seen the explanation as to what all these extenuating circumstances were that led the NCAA to grant immediate eligibility?

Reaction Score
So if he did this with the men's team, you'd say he created an environment among UConn fans when they enjoy him losing? Right. Amazing to see such disdain just because he coaches the best women's program in history.

Prior to the game I didn’t care if they won or lost to be honest. But after seeing this I’m glad they lost in the manner they did.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Prior to the game I didn’t care if they won or lost to be honest. But after seeing this I’m glad they lost in the manner they did.
You da man. Makes as little sense as everything else you write. Lost to ND, fire Herbst.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Do you have zero ability to read? You is you.

It’s women’s fans like you and Q and Cat who create the environment.

When a simple and obvious criticism of him is met with the same constant drone that he can do no wrong... some will begin to relish when you are forced to eat it.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Lol. Geno coached poorly at the very end. They lost move on. Last play of the game you have a player on an island... Yeah that's a winning strategy.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Do you have zero ability to read?

When a simple and obvious criticism of him is met with the same constant drone that he can do no wrong... some will begin to relish when you are forced to eat it.
Tell me where I said he can do no wrong. And why if people think that, which nobody actually does, it bothers you so much. It’s only women’s hoops after all.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Do you have zero ability to read? You is you.

You still haven't answered anything.

What was Geno's fault.

the lack of boxing out?
that 5 players far more athletic consistently got beat by the fattest player on the floor all the way down the court?
the they threw passes to no one, or even directly to ND?
that they were taking open shot and hitting only backboard or nothing?

i gave you that Geno's appraoch to the zone was not normal and certainly not the way it's discussed whenever we discuss Cuse on the Men's board.

But the biggest reasons they lost were the reasons I just listed above. Geno is on the list, but he's not top 5.

Reaction Score
Lol. Geno coached poorly at the very end. They lost move on. Last play of the game you have a player on an island... Yeah that's a winning strategy.

This is not at all about his coaching. This is all about him being a jerk to a kid on twitter who chose to play elsewhere. If anyone between the ages of 12 and 65 cared about women’s basketball it would’ve been a big story in 2014.

Reaction Score
Um... it would be him acting like a baby because he lost her and then her knocking him out of the tournament.

Why is it Geno can’t be criticized? He acted like a child with respect to this player and she shoved it up his rear end.

Should everyone just ignore when a 3 million dollar state employee acts like a 13 year old spoiled brat on social media.

He got punked. Deal with it.

I am guessing if we compared Geno's lifetime accomplishments side by side with yours, you would regret it. I see a guy who is constantly angry and has over 32,000 posts on a message board, yet you see fit to criticize a guy with 11 National Championships. Perhaps a little perspective would help?

Reaction Score
You still haven't answered anything.

What was Geno's fault.

the lack of boxing out?
that 5 players far more athletic consistently got beat by the fattest player on the floor all the way down the court?
the they threw passes to no one, or even directly to ND?
that they were taking open shot and hitting only backboard or nothing?

i gave you that Geno's appraoch to the zone was not normal and certainly not the way it's discussed whenever we discuss Cuse on the Men's board.

But the biggest reasons they lost were the reasons I just listed above. Geno is on the list, but he's not top 5.

Why did Geno bully a 17 year old kid on twitter who chose to play elsewhere?

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Why did Geno bully a 17 year old kid on twitter who chose to play elsewhere?

was that really bullying? seriously?

and second, what does that have to do with my question. Great, she hit a prayer to win the game after a passive aggressive tweet. fantastic.

Reaction Score
Yes they will. And Geno will still be the best coach in the womens game and an insufferable brat.
The two people I know who have hung out around Geno are my dad and my friend who has a bar in Chicago, both said he gave off a creepy vibe. Dad seated at the table next to him at a charity event at Torrington Country Club said Geno was fairly inappropriate with the girls who worked there. Geno was at my buddy's bar after they played Depaul and said Geno was chainsmoking everyone elses cigs and just generally acting like a jackarse.

Best women's basketball coach of all-time but probably wouldn't want to have him coaching your squad the last 3 minutes of a tied game and probably wouldn't want to hang out with him.

Reaction Score
I am guessing if we compared Geno's lifetime accomplishments side by side with yours, you would regret it. I see a guy who is constantly angry and has over 32,000 posts on a message board, yet you see fit to criticize a guy with 11 National Championships. Perhaps a little perspective would help?

Lol

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score

This is a hilariously stupid take. Successful people can and will be criticized by people less successful than them it makes the world go round.

Reaction Score
was that really bullying? seriously?

and second, what does that have to do with my question. Great, she hit a prayer to win the game after a passive aggressive tweet. fantastic.

What do your questions have to do with this thread?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Do you have zero ability to read?

There are valid criticisms of Geno's coaching all over the women's board.

You, in typical fashion, have manufactured something to criticize him for. You glommed on to a resurrected tweet from 4 years ago that you found on the internet overnight and have turned it in to a made-up scenario where a kid is got revenge on Geno because he actually thought she was a great player and was mad he didn't get her.

Only here and by your twisted logic can that happen!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom