Geno got punked! | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Geno got punked!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You like Geno. Sure you do. I know your history pal.

It's posters like you who make stuff up that I can't stand. We're even.

The thing I like most about him is that he holds the fanbase in complete contempt.

He dislikes most of you more than even I do.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
The thing I like most about him is that he holds the fanbase in complete contempt.

He dislikes most of you more than even I do.

I like that about him too.

But in this thread I learned another thing I like about him. If hes hanging out in bars taking peoples cigs and chainsmoking them then it kinda makes him the man, to be honest.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Don't you realize this would be a major story if it was the same circumstances in the mens game? If Calhoun wrote that tweet about Kyle Lowry and then Lowry went and hit a Kemba like shot to end Calhoun's perfect season and stop him from winning another national championship, Calhoun would get trashed and rightfully so.
It’s zero. It was one incident that got no notice and Whaler can’t point to any others. It was stupid, but not so earthshaking as all that. Maybe the kid led him on and thought she was being cool for all we know and he replied like a kid which isn’t cool.

There is something else going on. Whaler hates Geno and apparently is not into the success of Geno’s program. Fine. My question was, how did he feel about Calhoun kicking tables and showing up his own players very often, which by the way, amounts to blaming the players. And he obviously doesn’t read the women’s board because Auriemma is getting second guessed all over the place. Auriemma understands something Woody Hayes never did. Sometimes the other team outplays yours.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It’s zero. It was one incident that got no notice and Whaler can’t point to any others. It was stupid, but not so earthshaking as all that. Maybe the kid led him on and thought she was being cool for all we know and he replied like a kid which isn’t cool.

There is something else going on. Whaler hates Geno and apparently is not into the success of Geno’s program. Fine. My question was, how did he feel about Calhoun kicking tables and showing up his own players very often, which by the way, amounts to blaming the players. And he obviously doesn’t read the women’s board because Auriemma is getting second guessed all over the place. Auriemma understands something Woody Hayes never did. Sometimes the other team outplays yours.

I love how everyone keeps telling me I don’t like Geno when I do like Geno.

Which part of I can’t stand part of the fanbase is so hard to get?

Do you need to be pointed in the direction of other times Geno has been a jerk to people? That would seem odd to need.

Reaction Score

Most of them only root for the women’s basketball team. They aren’t real UConn fans anyway according to Cohen.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Most of them only root for the women’s basketball team. They aren’t real UConn fans anyway according to Cohen.

No no they are all totally into the football team in the midst of a 25-75 decade.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score

Do you need to be pointed in the direction of other times Geno has been a jerk to people? That would seem odd to need.
It seems like you're trying too hard, actually. He normally does not act that way toward recruits. I'm not saying he was right, but for all we know she was trying to be coy with him and other coaches, who spend a lot of time and money trying to serve their programs and these kids are actually the one's in control. And I don't think you particularly read the women's board if you think fans aren't picking him apart. Doesn't have to be venomous.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
It seems like you're trying too hard, actually. He normally does not act that way toward recruits. I'm not saying he was right, but for all we know she was trying to be coy with him and other coaches, who spend a lot of time and money trying to serve their programs and these kids are actually the one's in control. And I don't think you particularly read the women's board if you think fans aren't picking him apart. Doesn't have to be venomous.

Let's just accept that Geno said a dumb thing and that he's still a terrific coach. Whaler and Jimmy Serrano are just egging you on at this point.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Let's just accept that Geno said a dumb thing and that he's still a terrific coach. Whaler and Jimmy Serrano are just egging you on at this point.
Let's just accept that Geno said a dumb thing and that he's still a terrific coach. That's funny, I thought I was egging Jimmy on.:cool:

Reaction Score
Don't you realize this would be a major story if it was the same circumstances in the mens game? If Calhoun wrote that tweet about Kyle Lowry and then Lowry went and hit a Kemba like shot to end Calhoun's perfect season and stop him from winning another national championship, Calhoun would get trashed and rightfully so.
It would be a storyline (not a major story, more a footnote) if Ogunbowale mentioned it or was asked about it and said she remembered this very well. But since ND has played UConn presumably at least once a year since, my guess is the ship has sailed and her team winning the game was 100% of the focus. A vendetta about a tweet from 2014 wasn't a motivating factor, on her mind etc.. My guess is they buried the hatchet on this during her freshman year.

Importantly I'm sure she liked her 2nd game winner better sans the 'revenge' storyline.

Player hits two game winning shots in back-to-back final four games and this is your #1 hot take? Continuing this argument is intense grudge holding, and this side of Michael Jordan I just don't think basketball players are thinking about that stuff on the court, especially with respect to coaches.

Geno & Calhoun are/were imperfect in different ways - fans of both teams love their coach very loyally also in different ways. This is a good common UConn fan trait.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Food is super average.

i do like their fries.

Salad's are solid. But yeah, nothing outstanding.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
The good news is that it appears that Geno's Grille has dropped pizza from the menu.

Im liking Geno more by them minute.
Alpha'ing Cigarettes, and now this:

klqFahT.jpg

Reaction Score
Does Geno have Greek columns in his bedroom? I could absolutely see that.
I'm picturing a driveway hundreds of feet long too

And I completely agree on the cigarettes thing; I like him a little more for just that alone

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Let me look into that. I think you have that backward. Wonder how many women's board inhabitants inhabit the men's board and vice versa. This is actually the kind of thread you usually say should be on the women's board. You're slipping.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom