Geno got punked! | The Boneyard

Geno got punked!

Reaction Score
First, I say wow if Geno really tweeted that...seems a little petty and harsh for a professional coach to a HS student. Second, if true, wow, he so got punked!

Reaction Score
If that's really Geno (and I believe it is), he's since deactivated Twitter and then came back with an account that is unverified.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Ouch. Doesn't seem like Geno would ever tweet something like that.

Reaction Score
Wow arrogance can come back to haunt you huh in a huge way?

0-4 to Muffett in OT - not good!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
It was Geno. He recruited and really wanted this player. She decided to announce her top 5 on twitter at a designated time. All were invited to tune in, including coaches. No phone call. Hey, tune in on my twitter feed if you want to know if you should still recruit me.

Geno's tweet was frustration at the process this kid and other kids choose to announce top 5s and top 10s and to inform coaches who have spent time trying to get to know them and travel to watch them play. Should he have tweeted that? Of course not. A lot of people understood his frustration but there's a better way to address it. This is how kids do these sorts of things these days. How that has turned in to Geno getting punked 4 years later is a mystery but whatever makes you boys feel better. I can't imagine Arike is still thinking about that tweet. But some idiot brings it up and as sure as night follows day the usual suspect over here needs to harangue Geno once again.

Why is it that over here on the boys's side there is never enough that Geno can do for the University of Connecticut? I know the boys haven't been very good lately but why does that cause some here to turn on one of the University's own? Is he a proxy for some other types of feelings? I guess he should just shut up and coach. It's really weird.

Reaction Score
It was Geno. He recruited and really wanted this player. She decided to announce her top 5 on twitter at a designated time. All were invited to tune in, including coaches. No phone call. Hey, tune in on my twitter feed if you want to know if you should still recruit me.

Geno's tweet was frustration at the process this kid and other kids choose to announce top 5s and top 10s and to inform coaches who have spent time trying to get to know them and travel to watch them play. Should he have tweeted that? Of course not. A lot of people understood his frustration but there's a better way to address it. This is how kids do these sorts of things these days. How that has turned in to Geno getting punked 4 years later is a mystery but whatever makes you boys feel better. I can't imagine Arike is still thinking about that tweet. But some idiot brings it up and as sure as night follows day the usual suspect over here needs to harangue Geno once again.

Why is it that over here on the boys's side there is never enough that Geno can do for the University of Connecticut? I know the boys haven't been very good lately but why does that cause some here to turn on one of the University's own? Is he a proxy for some other types of feelings? I guess he should just shut up and coach. It's really weird.
Sensationalism sells.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Um... it would be him acting like a baby because he lost her and then her knocking him out of the tournament.

Why is it Geno can’t be criticized? He acted like a child with respect to this player and she shoved it up his rear end.

Should everyone just ignore when a 3 million dollar state employee acts like a 13 year old spoiled brat on social media.

He got punked. Deal with it.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Um... it would be him acting like a baby because he lost her and then her knocking him out of the tournament.

Why is it Geno can’t be criticized? He acted like a child with respect to this player and she shoved it up his rear end.

Should everyone just ignore when a 3 million dollar state employee acts like a 13 year old spoiled brat on social media.

4 years later. Right. I'm sure she's still thinking of that tweet.

He really wanted her. She had a great tournament that showed why he really wanted her. Had he said she wasn't good enough or he did want her 4 years ago, then he would have been punked.

Good try though. We can always count on your best effort when it comes to Geno.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
4 years later. Right. I'm sure she's still thinking of that tweet.

He really wanted her. She had a great tournament that showed why he really wanted her. Had he said she wasn't good enough or he did want her 4 years ago, then he would have been punked.

Good try though. We can always count on your best effort when it comes to Geno.

You should keep this level of cluelessness where they protect everyone’s feelings.

It’s the definition of punked. He sarcastically mocked her and included a stupid hashtag and she ruined his season by sticking one in their eye in a game he got outcoached in.

BTW, if you think she doesn’t remember that you live in a total fantasy land.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

and dopey Jimmy Serrano wanted him to coach the mens team.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Not sure I said anything about that Butch did I? You fans get pretty defensive when he gets out coached.

It's interesting how outcoached in this case was really just Jackie Young pulling 20 points from deep out of her rectum.

Shes an awful shooter who had a good night.

I thought Geno made more mistakes against Miss St than he did against ND.

But in both games his girls were just out hustled. That's not coaching either IMO.

Reaction Score
Not sure I said anything about that Butch did I? You fans get pretty defensive when he gets out coached.
Now you're grouping me with people I don't even associate with. You have message board PTSD.

I know he was outcoached. Duh.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
You should keep this level of cluelessness where they protect everyone’s feelings.

It’s the definition of punked. He sarcastically mocked her and included a stupid hashtag and she ruined his season by sticking one in their eye in a game he got outcoached in.

BTW, if you think she doesn’t remember that you live in a total fantasy land.

I think your feelings are the ones at issue here and they apparently run deep. So sorry man. The boys's teams will get better and all will be well again.

Reaction Score
The guy has done more to keep a dying UConn sports franchise alive with a heartbeat of relevance than any other...why he's getting grilled is beyond me. You lose some and win some. He will adapt to the new style of very physical play. PS - I don't care much for or follows women's basketball other than the quarter finals, but lets cutb the guy some slack.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
The guy has done more to keep a dying UConn sports franchise alive with a heartbeat of relevance than any other...why he's getting grilled is beyond me. You lose some and win some. He will adapt to the new style of very physical play. PS - I don't care much for or follows women's basketball other than the quarter finals, but lets cutb the guy some slack.

You're right that the women's game has definitely been allowed to get more physical.

Funny how it happened after a historic 4 for 4 run.

5 years ago if ND played like that, they would've had so much foul trouble they would've been playing 5 guards in the 4th quarter.

Reaction Score
Geno reacted like a spoiled brat. That's all there is to the story, methinks. This tweet might not be what she remembered but I am sure she developed emotions in response. Either way, I was following the game on espn.com gamecast and reading the threads here. Geno lost because he was outcoached with superior talent. Same with Mississippi State. People seemed to complain quite a bit about the officiating in at least 2 games in this Final Four.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom