Geno got punked! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Geno got punked!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I dont get what the argument is here...good coaches can't be petty? Have you seen Belichick? Coach K?

As I understand it.. when an arrogant bastard gets taken down a few notches by a player we aren’t allowed to notice.

One is not to notice when Geno acts like a tool because he works for UConn and therefore he can’t be criticized.

Reaction Score
It's interesting how outcoached in this case was really just Jackie Young pulling 20 points from deep out of her rectum.

Shes an awful shooter who had a good night.

I thought Geno made more mistakes against Miss St than he did against ND.

But in both games his girls were just out hustled. That's not coaching either IMO.

Young was getting to the hoop easily too, not all on the girls there's some coaching to these games when they get to OT. I know everyone wants to believe the Wooden stuff but you have to be real when it's time also. It's been 2 yeas in a row on the big stage against teams who weren't as good, sorry to speak the truth. I like the guy just telling it as it is, he's not Wooden.

He's the best coach in the womens game, but someone is giving him a tough time when they match up even when shorthanded.

Reaction Score
Now you're grouping me with people I don't even associate with. You have message board PTSD.

I know he was outcoached. Duh.

I'm not grouping just general statement. I was talking about Friday not 11 other years you went there. Duh

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
That Geno response is pretty funny.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Young was getting to the hoop easily too, not all on the girls there's some coaching to these games when they get to OT. I know everyone wants to believe the Wooden stuff but you have to be real when it's time also. It's been 2 yeas in a row on the big stage against teams who weren't as good, sorry to speak the truth. I like the guy just telling it as it is, he's not Wooden.

He's the best coach in the womens game, but someone is giving him a tough time when they match up even when shorthanded.

I think he is wooden. The women's game is in a similar place to where it was in the men's game for wooden.

I don't blame him for the girls playing nervous after they were so loose for the entire regional, including that dismantling of South Carolina.

This is 2nd national semi final that Nurse have Danger have been awful, and Nurse's defense didn't show up in either game as well.

It's not geno's fault that the girls didnt' box out Sheperd or have her beat all 5 girls up the floor in transition on multiple occasions. I can guarantee that wasn't in the gameplan.

My friend who deosn't even watch college basketball until march, watched the game and texted me late in the 4th "does anyone on uconn actually want to shoot the ball?" It was disappointing that Gabby didn't just decide to take over like she did to get them back in and ahead in the Miss St game last year. Clearly that has to be her role with this group of girls.

Again, not on Geno. IMO.

What was Geno's fault? The girls seem to have no idea that the best way to attack the zone is to get the ball to the FT line, which is baffling since Gabby at the FT line was a staple of the offense for the previous 73 games or so.

Also his playcall at the end of regulation was brilliant. The girls just didn't execute.

And finally, Geno can't teach the girls to phantom foul less. You can't not foul less. I guess you actively dodge Ogumbawale's wildly flailing off arm on her drives, but then she just gets uncontested layups anyway.

Reaction Score
It was Geno. He recruited and really wanted this player. She decided to announce her top 5 on twitter at a designated time. All were invited to tune in, including coaches. No phone call. Hey, tune in on my twitter feed if you want to know if you should still recruit me.

Geno's tweet was frustration at the process this kid and other kids choose to announce top 5s and top 10s and to inform coaches who have spent time trying to get to know them and travel to watch them play. Should he have tweeted that? Of course not. A lot of people understood his frustration but there's a better way to address it. This is how kids do these sorts of things these days. How that has turned in to Geno getting punked 4 years later is a mystery but whatever makes you boys feel better. I can't imagine Arike is still thinking about that tweet. But some idiot brings it up and as sure as night follows day the usual suspect over here needs to harangue Geno once again.

Why is it that over here on the boys's side there is never enough that Geno can do for the University of Connecticut? I know the boys haven't been very good lately but why does that cause some here to turn on one of the University's own? Is he a proxy for some other types of feelings? I guess he should just shut up and coach. It's really weird.

I am just glad he’s too soft to take on a challenge. I really wanted him to coach the men. What an idiot I was.

Reaction Score
I'm not grouping just general statement. I was talking about Friday not 11 other years you went there. Duh
I went there? You have issues, man. I don't care for women's basketball besides the 11 titles. Duh.

I assume you think I am a field hockey fan, too. Go Nancy Stevens.

Reaction Score
I went there? You have issues, man. I don't care for women's basketball besides the 11 titles. Duh.

I assume you think I am a field hockey fan, too. Go Nancy Stevens.

Geez Butch read a little before you have spasms. My original post was simply about Muffet owning Geno in OT. Juts making a point about that, obviously Geno's 11>2 is a winner but I wasn't talking about this particular stat that is critical in their match ups now. You took it "there" doesn't mean you like the women or don't and I could care less. I root for womens field hockey too when they actually shoe a score they are UConn after all.

Reaction Score
I think he is wooden. The women's game is in a similar place to where it was in the men's game for wooden.

I don't blame him for the girls playing nervous after they were so loose for the entire regional, including that dismantling of South Carolina.

This is 2nd national semi final that Nurse have Danger have been awful, and Nurse's defense didn't show up in either game as well.

It's not geno's fault that the girls didnt' box out Sheperd or have her beat all 5 girls up the floor in transition on multiple occasions. I can guarantee that wasn't in the gameplan.

My friend who deosn't even watch college basketball until march, watched the game and texted me late in the 4th "does anyone on uconn actually want to shoot the ball?" It was disappointing that Gabby didn't just decide to take over like she did to get them back in and ahead in the Miss St game last year. Clearly that has to be her role with this group of girls.

Again, not on Geno. IMO.

What was Geno's fault? The girls seem to have no idea that the best way to attack the zone is to get the ball to the FT line, which is baffling since Gabby at the FT line was a staple of the offense for the previous 73 games or so.

Also his playcall at the end of regulation was brilliant. The girls just didn't execute.

And finally, Geno can't teach the girls to phantom foul less. You can't not foul less. I guess you actively dodge Ogumbawale's wildly flailing off arm on her drives, but then she just gets uncontested layups anyway.

:eek:
Wow. OK

0-7 (0-4 Muffet) in OT hmmm. 5 minutes to win a game, good time to be the best coach? He can't do wrong I guess LOL

the Q

Reaction Score
Geez Butch read a little before you have spasms. My original post was simply about Muffet owning Geno in OT. Juts making a point about that, obviously Geno's 11>2 is a winner but I wasn't talking about this particular stat that is critical in their match ups now. You took it "there" doesn't mean you like the women or don't and I could care less. I root for womens field hockey too when they actually shoe a score they are UConn after all.

I'm still baffled by the 2012 game where we turned what should've been an uncontested layup to win the game in regulation into a contested jumper at the buzzer to get the game to OT.

the Q

Reaction Score
Wow. OK

Some might think some of those other things are on the coach. I don't. the players still have to execute. And if they're not even sprinting back on D or boxing out, I just don't know how one can blame geno for those.

Reaction Score
You were making a big deal about being 0-4 in OT against the second or third best women's bball coach when he has records everyone else wishes they could have. That's all. Speaking of having spasms....

Reaction Score
I'm still baffled by the 2012 game where we turned what should've been an uncontested layup to win the game in regulation into a contested jumper at the buzzer to get the game to OT.

Don't remember this sorry not that big of a fan I guess.

Reaction Score
You were making a big deal about being 0-4 when he has records everyone else wishes they could have. That's all. Speaking of having spasms....

My bad. LOL;)

the Q

Reaction Score
Wow. OK

0-7 (0-4 Muffet) in OT hmmm. 5 minutes to win a game, good time to be the best coach? He can't do wrong I guess LOL

I guess my question is, what specifically would you want him to do?

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
As I understand it.. when an arrogant bastard gets taken down a few notches by a player we aren’t allowed to notice.

One is not to notice when Geno acts like a tool because he works for UConn and therefore he can’t be criticized.

Sure. That's totally fair. But your initial post doesn't make that argument. It suggests that being petty precludes one from being a successful coach at the highest level (at least as I interpreted it). If the argument is what you suggest in the last post, I'd agree and say that's fair--Geno looks like a huge jerk in that post and deserves to get criticism for it. But being a jerk seems to increase one's chances of being a successful coach rather than hinder them

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom