Geno got punked! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Geno got punked!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Sure. That's totally fair. But your initial post doesn't make that argument. It suggests that being petty precludes one from being a successful coach at the highest level (at least as I interpreted it). If the argument is what you suggest in the last post, I'd agree and say that's fair--Geno looks like a huge jerk in that post and deserves to get criticism for it. But being a jerk seems to increase one's chances of being a successful coach rather than hinder them

I was just pointing out the young woman got revenge. It’s really just kind of funny - but the Geno army doesn’t enjoy fun.

If you don’t treat Geno like a North Korean dictator then you are the enemy.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Love all the UConn fans on the men’s board. Was Calhoun ever a tool? Did he ever lose to a team with less talent.? He clearly didn’t have what it takes.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I was just pointing out the young woman got revenge. It’s really just kind of funny - but the Geno army doesn’t enjoy fun.

Her team won. I’m sure revenge was on her mind. Especially since UConn wasn’t in her final group.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Love all the UConn fans on the men’s board. Was Calhoun ever a tool? Did he ever lose to a team with less talent.? He clearly didn’t have what it takes.

Calhoun got KILLED through the 90s for not getting to the Final Four.

Who said Geno doesn’t have what it takes.

He sarastically mocked a teenager and she beat him in the end. Why does that fact cause such angst? He isn’t infallible even if you’ve convinced yourself he is.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Calhoun got KILLED through the 90s for not getting to the Final Four.

Who said Geno doesn’t have what it takes.

He sarastically mocked a teenager and she beat him in the end. Why does that fact cause such angst? He isn’t infallible even if you’ve convinced yourself he is.
When did I say he’s infallible? He got out coached. Third time in 3 years his kids have lost in 3 years, all in OT to good teams. Clearly fallible.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

Revenge? She showed him for being pissed that he didn't get her even though he really wanted her and recruited her hard. I'm sure she's thinking "I showed that Geno Auriemma alright. I showed him exactly what he knew he was missing!!"

Only someone with 32,000+ posts on a sports message board could have a mind-meld with a local Milwaukee scribe and turn an exceptional Final Four performance into an act of revenge against Geno Auriemma because of a mindless, stupid tweet made 4 years ago.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Revenge? She showed him for being pissed that he didn't get her even though he really wanted her and recruited her hard. I'm sure she's thinking "I showed that Geno Auriemma alright. I showed him exactly what he knew he was missing!!"

Only someone with 32,000+ posts on a sports message board could have a mind-meld with a local Milwaukee scribe and turn an exceptional Final Four performance into an act of revenge against Geno Auriemma because of a mindless, stupid tweet made 4 years ago.

Nice strawman - rants sure come easy when you build em up like that.

If you don’t like my 32k posts (ooh sweet burn from someone posting on the same website) why don’t you stick with the North Korean way and block me.

It will be one less way that you might read a fair and obvious criticism of The Exalted Leader.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score

If you don’t like my 32k posts (ooh sweet burn from someone posting on the same website) why don’t you stick with the North Korean way and block me.

It will be one less way that you might read a fair and obvious criticism of The Exaulted Leader.
Does anyone call out Icebear for his 114k posts?

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
bSmcRGn.png

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

It will be one less way that you might read a fair and obvious criticism of The Exalted Leader.

How about one specific criticism.

A tactic. A strategy.

A time out.

Gimme something besides he got outcoached without any specifics.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
As usual you completely miss the point.
As usual you have no point. The idea, even in messing around, that he got punked is pretty lame. I never compare the two sports the way you do and it’s pretty irritating when broadcasters say stuff like “she has most points in school history, men or women” which might as well compare tennis to water polo. You think I’m condescending when that’s all you ever do toward the women. It’s easier to win in the women’s game, but no coach has won so easily as him.I love the men’s team, but I root for all UConn teams. You don’t, Fine.

Reaction Score
It's interesting how outcoached in this case was really just Jackie Young pulling 20 points from deep out of her rectum.

Shes an awful shooter who had a good night.

I thought Geno made more mistakes against Miss St than he did against ND.

But in both games his girls were just out hustled. That's not coaching either IMO.
Notre Dame shouldn't even be in the Final Four and Jessica Shepherd should not have been playing for them. Transfers are supposed to sit out a year, not "yes she can play right away". Azura Stevens had to sit out a year, imagine if the NCAA had allowed her to play right away last year??? Do you think UConn would have lost to Miss State???? Sid Wilson has to sit out a year too. Only thing I can think of is Muffet had party pictures of the NCAA staff. Lol. UConn got the shaft again plain and simple.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
How about one specific criticism.

A tactic. A strategy.

A time out.

Gimme something besides he got outcoached without any specifics.

You mean other than the entire other thread filled with examples?

You don’t have the ability to accept a criticism of him - so why would anyone waste more time on it?

You’ve spent 5k words over 3 days blaming everyone except him.

the Q

Reaction Score
Notre Dame shouldn't even be in the Final Four and Jessica Shepherd should not have been playing for them. Transfers are supposed to sit out a year, not "yes she can play right away". Azura Stevens had to sit out a year, imagine if the NCAA had allowed her to play right away last year??? Do you think UConn would have lost to Miss State???? Sid Wilson has to sit out a year too. Only thing I can think of is Muffet had party pictures of the NCAA staff. Lol

i don't disagree with any of that.

frankly ND shouldn't have shot 4x as many FTs as UConn.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Pretty much if they win: Geno is genius.

If they don’t win: It’s the NCAA or the referees or players that didn’t buy into his genius.

We know he feels the same way - I mean look at how he reacted to a player who had the nerve to play somewhere else.

Reaction Score

If they don’t win: It’s the NCAA or the referees or players that didn’t buy into his genius.

We know he feels the same way - I mean look at how he reacted to a player who had the nerve to play somewhere else.
I would venture to say what he's accomplished is more difficult than what John Wooden accomplished. UCLA was backed by big private money. Just speaking from a historical perspective, not a fanboy perspective.

the Q

Reaction Score
You mean other than the entire other thread filled with examples?

You don’t have the ability to accept a criticism of him - so why would anyone waste more time on it?

You’ve spent 5k words over 3 days blaming everyone except him.

"Filled with" to you means

1) geno argued an obviously made up charge call

2) geno seemed "tight"

that's it.

that's not really specific at all.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I would venture to say what he's accomplished is more difficult than what John Wooden accomplished. UCLA was backed by big private money. Just speaking from a historical perspective, not a fanboy perspective.

Yes the cult of Wooden is ridiculous, that was the most corrupt program in basketball history but has nothing to do with this.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

It will be one less way that you might read a fair and obvious criticism of The Exaulted Leader.

Nah, that's more your style. Small and ineffectual.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score

You cherry picked one case where a kid was playing a game with people who spend a lot of time and money to scout and recruit. He was dumb to say anything. Name all the other times he has done anything similar. You can't. He's the best ever at what he does. Strange that it bothers UConn people. Calhoun, who performed wonders at UConn, was pretty much a regular jack ass to his own players.

Reaction Score
Yes the cult of Wooden is ridiculous, that was the most corrupt program in basketball history but has nothing to do with this.
We're talking about Geno's arrogance. He's only 2 years older than Muffet, anyway.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
"Filled with" to you means

1) geno argued an obviously made up charge call

2) geno seemed "tight"

that's it.

that's not really specific at all.

Oh I guess there are no other posts.

But yeah part of the reason his team gagged is because he cracked. That was pretty obvious.

You guys should realize that this is how you create the environment where some enjoy when he loses. I know you don’t, but you should.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom