Geno got punked! | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Geno got punked!

Reaction Score
Eh, people can say "screw you, buy your own" I saw that at least a dozen times a weekend.

He alpha'd the people.
It's a beta move, we all know they cost way too much, Geno can afford a pack.

I'm always polite and usually give people one but the "Can I borrow a smoke crowd?" and the "I'll give you 5 bucks for a smoke crowd?" are annoying. I had a breezy dude in Mexico like two weeks ago want to fight me because I didn't feel like giving him one.

Reaction Score
Let me look into that. I think you have that backward. Wonder how many women's board inhabitants inhabit the men's board and vice versa. This is actually the kind of thread you usually say should be on the women's board. You're slipping.

Incoherent rambling.

Reaction Score
It's a beta move, we all know they cost way too much, Geno can afford a pack.

I'm always polite and usually give people one but the "Can I borrow a smoke crowd?" and the "I'll give you 5 bucks for a smoke crowd?" are annoying. I had a breezy dude in Mexico like two weeks ago want to fight me because I didn't feel like giving him one.

You smoke cigarettes but feel microwaves are beneath you cuz they make food gross.

Ok.

Reaction Score
You smoke cigarettes but feel microwaves are beneath you cuz they make food gross.

Ok.
You want Geno to coach the men, no leg to stand on.

Microwaves ruin food, they are probably good for heating coffee but I don't drink coffee. Not much tastes better than a cig after a beer and mezcal.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Muffet should coach our men's team.
Yeah, but I read where she refused to applaud Stewart when she was named some body or other's POY. Viewed on national TV, no tweets needed. Imagine treating a 20 year old that way.

Reaction Score
You want Geno to coach the men, no leg to stand on.

Microwaves ruin food, they are probably good for heating coffee but I don't drink coffee. Not much tastes better than a cig after a beer and mezcal.

Cigs are gross. I can’t believe there are people under 50 who smoke them.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Yeah, but I read where she refused to applaud Stewart when she was named some body or other's POY. Viewed on national TV, no tweets needed. Imagine treating a 20 year old that way.
Still thinking about how she needs to talk to the manager about her latte order.

Reaction Score
You should keep this level of cluelessness where they protect everyone’s feelings.

It’s the definition of punked. He sarcastically mocked her and included a stupid hashtag and she ruined his season by sticking one in their eye in a game he got outcoached in.

BTW, if you think she doesn’t remember that you live in a total fantasy land.
Meh, I can understand why he decided he didn’t need her. She made 2 huge shots, but took 100s. She’s a me-first player. And Geno is still ahead 2-1 over her career.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
:eek:
Wow. OK

0-7 (0-4 Muffet) in OT hmmm. 5 minutes to win a game, good time to be the best coach? He can't do wrong I guess LOL

That's selection bias to use just OT though. How many tight games has UCONN closed out in the 4th quarter. I've watched a ton of UCWBB over the years, and there's been plenty. So he can coach in tight games during regular time, but all of a sudden forgets how in OT? Doesn't hold water.

It's interesting to look at, but I don't think says much about him as a coach. The teams that can't close out tend to not be his better/tougher squads, so it is what it is. And people know that Geno plays such a tight lineup 6-7 players in the post season--that's probably a fault as a coach idk. But the longer they play, the more it favors the other team.

Also, I think anyone who watches basketball understands that the vagaries of OT play into it a lot. One bad bounce, one bad foul (VERY prevalent in WBB), and the game turns.

In general, when you have 1 tiny data point, and it goes against every other metric you look at, that is an outlier.

Reaction Score
That's selection bias to use just OT though. How many tight games has UCONN closed out in the 4th quarter. I've watched a ton of UCWBB over the years, and there's been plenty. So he can coach in tight games during regular time, but all of a sudden forgets how in OT? Doesn't hold water.

It's interesting to look at, but I don't think says much about him as a coach. The teams that can't close out tend to not be his better/tougher squads, so it is what it is. And people know that Geno plays such a tight lineup 6-7 players in the post season--that's probably a fault as a coach idk. But the longer they play, the more it favors the other team.

Also, I think anyone who watches basketball understands that the vagaries of OT play into it a lot. One bad bounce, one bad foul (VERY prevalent in WBB), and the game turns.

In general, when you have 1 tiny data point, and it goes against every other metric you look at, that is an outlier.
It's not selection bias. He wins 95% of his games in blowouts, if the game is tied in the last few minutes I'm taking taking the other team.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I was just pointing out the young woman got revenge. It’s really just kind of funny - but the Geno army doesn’t enjoy fun.

If you don’t treat Geno like a North Korean dictator then you are the enemy.

Surprised to hear you don't enjoy Geno's takes off the court. I would have thought you, of all the sarcastic would appreciate Geno.

I've no problem poking fun at him either, btw. He would probably laugh.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
It's not selection bias. He wins 95% of his games in blowouts, if the game is tied in the last few minutes I'm taking taking the other team.

If you're narrative is that he can't coach close games, then counting only OT games is selection bias, whether you like it or not. Many, many more games are close at the end but do NOT end in OT. I mean, I guess you can stick with your 7 game sample tho.

Again, they played plenty of very close non OT games over the years that they've won - Bird at the Buzzer against ND/Muffett comes to mind.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Surprised to hear you don't enjoy Geno's takes off the court. I would have thought you, of all the sarcastic would appreciate Geno.

I've no problem poking fun at him either, btw. He would probably laugh.

Love Geno. The more sarcastic he is the more the like him.

Have told him to his face in real life to off.

Reaction Score
If you're narrative is that he can't coach close games, then counting only OT games is selection bias, whether you like it or not. Many, many more games are close at the end but do NOT end in OT. I mean, I guess you can stick with your 7 game sample tho.

Again, they played plenty of very close non OT games over the years that they've won - Bird at the Buzzer against ND/Muffett comes to mind.
How many tied games with a few minutes left has he coached in the past two seasons? I know of three- ND, Miss State and Tulane? He lost two of them and is 0-7 in his last seven OT's. It is what it is, almost every game he coaches is a blowout, the rare tied game and I like the other team's chances.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Love Geno. The more sarcastic he is the more the like him.

Have told him to his face in real life to off.

I bet he appreciated that probably. No sarc haha

intlzncster

Reaction Score
How many tied games with a few minutes left has he coached in the past two seasons? I know of three- ND, Miss State and Tulane? He lost two of them and is 0-7 in his last seven OT's. It is what it is, almost every game he coaches is a blowout, the rare tied game and I like the other team's chances.

Look over a whole career. That's what would give you the real numbers. You got recency bias on top of selection bias.

Depends far more on which kids he has than it does Geno choking it at the end of games.

Thought for years Geno has recruited too many 'nice' kids.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom