Ezi Magbegor and Assorted Topic Drifts | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Ezi Magbegor and Assorted Topic Drifts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
13.11.2 Comments Before Signing. Before the signing of a prospect to a National Letter of Intent or an institution's written offer of admission and/or financial aid, a member institution may comment publicly only to the extent of confirming its recruitment of the prospect. The institution may not comment generally about the prospect's ability or the contribution that the prospect might make to the institution's team; further, the institution is precluded from commenting in any manner as to the likelihood of the prospect's signing with that institution. Violations of this bylaw do not affect a prospect's eligibility and are considered institutional violations per Constitution 2.8.1. (Revised: 1/14/97)

I am very versed in this rule, please tell me how it applies at all to what I said.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Whats the difference between saying we are not aware she made a decision or we are aware she has made a decision? Nothing. They can't say what that decision is, but they can say whether they have been informed or not.
Love when you answer your own questions. It is a good theory. Carry on!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I am very versed in this rule, please tell me how it applies at all to what I said.

-2iQfvGg_400x400.jpg

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Or he simply made a mistake in omitting UCLA.

Seems rather illogical to me. He wrote an article last week mentioning that she had made visits to UConn and UCLA. Why would he forget the one school this time? It's not like there are 20 schools in play here. It's one or the other. Putting just one makes it look like she has made a decision. That would be beyond sloppy.

Reaction Score
I'm starting a new thread, since the other one is so long that folks might overlook this post. I assume that the mods will just merge this into the older one, but at least this serves to draw your attention to this for now:

A further, potentially very big development. The original story, which has already been revised, so the reporter would have a chance to change the statement about UConn if it had been a slip, has now been picked up and reprinted verbatim elsewhere. This would not be happening if those close to Ezi were eager to deny.

original story, revised
WNBL: Canberra Capitals forward Kate Gaze signs with Adelaide Lightning

picked-up by World News here:
WNBL: Canberra Capitals forward Kate Gaze signs with Adelaide Lightning

Reaction Score
13.11.2 Comments Before Signing. Before the signing of a prospect to a National Letter of Intent or an institution's written offer of admission and/or financial aid, a member institution may comment publicly only to the extent of confirming its recruitment of the prospect. The institution may not comment generally about the prospect's ability or the contribution that the prospect might make to the institution's team; further, the institution is precluded from commenting in any manner as to the likelihood of the prospect's signing with that institution. Violations of this bylaw do not affect a prospect's eligibility and are considered institutional violations per Constitution 2.8.1. (Revised: 1/14/97)
"... a member institution may comment publicly only to the extent of confirming it's recruitment of the prospect." It is very well known that UConn IS recruiting Ezi... so there is no question there...

The next part that is key: "further, the institution is precluded from commenting in any manner as to the likelihood of the prospects signing with that institution." Pretty clear to me that they can't comment on a possible decision by Ezi until it's official in a signed National Letter of Intent...which can't be signed until April 11th...based on what others have stated in this thread. Seems like UConn can't say whether she has accepted or not.... but I don't know for sure... although in several of my jobs in the Military I had to be able to interpret and understand legalese...

Reaction Score
Well, that’s one way to make an announcement......don’t announce it yourself.... does that top Stewie’s hood of a car LOI?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Geno can comment, can't comment, regardless - he's probably doing a rousing happy dance at this time! I mean seriously - Williams, ONO and Magbegor - I believe this trio will rival the class of Stewie, Moriah, and Morgan. I believe the 2018 trio has that much potential. I don't think one of them will be a 3x NPOY, but I think all have more potential than Tuck, and as a whole, will have a similar impact to that of the holy trinity...

Reaction Score
So, it seemed like April 11, 2018 will be the day that we will know if the teenage super star is coming or not. March Madness will be over by then.

Reaction Score
Well, that’s one way to make an announcement.don’t announce it yourself.... does that top Stewie’s hood of a car LOI?

I still wanna know if they stopped the for her to sign, how was there a picture??

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I sent an e-mail to the reporter maybe 3 hours ago asking for the source of his information. I imagine he is inundated and won't answer a mere citizen.

Reaction Score
I still wanna know if they stopped the for her to sign, how was there a picture??

The version i believe was that she was at her dad’s workplace to fax it in. I do not believe the version where they were in the car and just happen to remember and just happen to have the paperwork and pulled over the side of the road and signed...

Reaction Score
So, it seemed like April 11, 2018 will be the day that we will know if the teenage super star is coming or not. March Madness will be over by then.

Or if Magbegor makes the announcement herself.

Reaction Score
I sent an e-mail to the reporter maybe 3 hours ago asking for the source of his information. I imagine he is inundated and won't answer a mere citizen.

He has been tweeted at by multiple UConn fans and has failed to answer any of them. He has posted recently on twitter so he has definitely seen the tweets and has chosen for whatever reason not to respond.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
If Mr. Caden Helmers had this great scoop, why did he bury it in a parenthetical?

Did Ezi and her family authorize him to let the cat out of the bag, and if so, why? Are they ok with this very peculiar process? Even though they haven't said anything yet, might they say something in the next day or so?

Is he kind of sloppy and forgot about UCLA or just assumed she would pick UConn?

Very excited about the possibility of an Ezi commitment, but scratching my head........... :confused:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Do not know what to make of it but Ezi will be forced to respond and will undoubtedly need to say she has not come to a decision. Not the way to go through a process that should be enjoyable. :(

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If Mr. Caden Helmers had this great scoop, why did he bury it in a parenthetical?

Did Ezi and her family authorize him to let the cat out of the bag, and if so, why? Are they ok with this very peculiar process? Even though they haven't said anything yet, might they say something in the next day or so?

Is he kind of sloppy and forgot about UCLA or just assumed she would pick UConn?

Very excited about the possibility of an Ezi commitment, but scratching my head...... :confused:
From a Canberra perspective, the big news is who they signed. Secondary to that is who they lose. Tertiary (or lower) is where the departing player is going.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

Very excited about the possibility of an Ezi commitment, but scratching my head...... :confused:
That's a rather UCONN centric view of the world and scoop. This reporter could care less if Ezi goes to UCONN, all the reporter cares about is his team finding a replacement for Ezi.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I know you'll be shocked by this, but having read today's posts I feel compelled to say:

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
That's a rather UCONN centric view of the world and scoop. This reporter could care less if Ezi goes to UCONN, all the reporter cares about is his team finding a replacement for Ezi.

So if he could care less, maybe we shouldn't expect too much precision in that "disclosure"?

And UConn is the center of the world, for the next few weeks at least! :)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
So if he could care less, maybe we shouldn't expect too much precision in that "disclosure"?
And UConn is the center of the world, for the next few weeks at least! :)
There is nothing wrong with UCONN WCBB being the center of "our" world.:eek: The only precision I found in the article was that Ezi is leaving her Australian team. That Ezi is leaving her Australian team for the center of the world of WCBB ( UCONN) is sweet speculation.

Reaction Score
did we already know that Jim Fuller has picked up the same discussion? At some point with this circulating in the media, I suppose someone will feel compelled to deny or confirm that a decision has already been made. Is there precedent for a "false leak" that the athlete or her family needs to respond to?

Screen Shot 2018-03-13 at 9.55.02 PM.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member