Ezi Magbegor and Assorted Topic Drifts | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Ezi Magbegor and Assorted Topic Drifts

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Actually, I have no idea. I'd love to know how many players there are in the WNBA from each respective university, at this time. How many Baylor, Notre Dame, UCLA, Tennessee, UConn or any other college team is presently on WNBA rosters? I'm inclined to think it's UConn followed by Tennessee at the top of the list.

How much would you pay for it? This one is couple 3 years old, so....

Current WNBA Players by Schools, Countries

Colleges with the Most Players in the WNBA Today:

T-1. University of Connecticut - 11 players
T-1. University of Tennessee - 11
3. Duke - 7
T-4. Rutgers - 6
T-4. LSU - 6

The 25 Best Women's College Basketball Programs | BestColleges.com

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score

3. Duke - 7
T-4. Rutgers - 6
T-4. LSU - 6

11 year veteran Noelle Quinn with the Seattle Storm remains the only UCLA grad in the WNBA.

Certainly, if one of Ezi’s prime motivations is the WNBA, there really is no comparison between UCLA & UConn.

Reaction Score

3. Duke - 7
T-4. Rutgers - 6
T-4. LSU - 6

I believe your numbers are from 2011 (I found those in a google search too). UConn had 14 in WNBA in 2017:

UCONNHUSKIES.COM :: University Of Connecticut Official Athletic Site University Of Connecticut Official Athletic Site - Women's Basketball

Reaction Score
11 year veteran Noelle Quinn with the Seattle Storm remains the only UCLA grad in the WNBA.

Certainly, if one of Ezi’s prime motivations is the WNBA, there really is no comparison between UCLA & UConn.

true but there about to have two

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

3. Duke - 7
T-4. Rutgers - 6
T-4. LSU - 6

Looks like 2014 data? Number of UTenn players in the W has dropped

By my count on the WNBA site, it's:

UCONN - 14
UTenn - 6

Reaction Score
And LA, California, sun, beach, surf :D vs Storrs, Connecticut, cows, snow. :oops:
You know what, considering she's from an area where she has sun, beach and surf 24/7, maybe she'd actually like to experience something different. New England is quaint and beautiful and actually makes Boston and New York quite accessible, two great culture centers. I live in Florida and have access to the beaches so when I vacation, I'm looking for the wondrous canyons of southern Utah or the mountains and valleys and splendor of British Columbia. Maybe she's likely to feel the same way and then there is also the Geno, CD thing, helping prepare her to be better than she probably ever thought she could be.

Reaction Score

UCONN - 14
UTenn - 6
I do think that the 14 UConn players, 6 Tennessee players, is likely more accurate at this point and time. I know that the present UCLA staff has only been in place in the short term but I'm still prone to think that no one prepares you for possible WNBA careers than does the UConn staff.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

UCONN - 14
UTenn - 6

Like I said 2014 data in mine pre-draft so its 2013 really.. Why they don't update until draft week is beyond me, but the step child budget of the WNBA extends to its web site I guess.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
You know what, considering she's from an area where she has sun, beach and surf 24/7, maybe she'd actually like to experience something different

And more poisonous species of bugs, snakes etc etc than anywhere else on the planet I believe. Plus, in case you haven't noticed the Great Whites have been cruising in more and more, just like on both our coasts.

Reaction Score
The Bruins will still have a long way to go to match the 15 Huskies currently in the WNBA, not to mention the 2 soon-to- be UConn grads that will be added to WNBA rosters this coming season.

and the three the year after that

Reaction Score
And more poisonous species of bugs, snakes etc etc than anywhere else on the planet I believe. Plus, in case you haven't noticed the Great Whites have been cruising in more and more, just like on both our coasts.

I just hope she likes chickens.........................and cows.................

Reaction Score
It is not like she would be doing this very often! :D
Yes, I think the flight time to and from Australia is not THAT relevant because it isn't like she's going to be flying back and forth with any kind of frequency. What UCLA has to offer versus what UConn has to offer, both on and off the court is likely to be far, far more important than distance to home. Since basketball is the predominate thing for her, I hope that bodes well for the Huskies!

Reaction Score
and the three the year after that
What I like is that the fraternity (or should I say sorority) of UConn players in the WNBA and other former players that have played for Geno are such classy and accomplished people not just on the court but off, as well. Getting to know them and join them to carry on the Huskie tradition is a big enticement for a lot of young ladies.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
don't like this style wine myself (not that I could afford it anyway!), but an Ezi signing deserves a lot better than Yellowtail swill. It deserves nothing but the best:

View attachment 29302
How about a compromise?

634676.jpg

Reaction Score
Stewie at the 2 was probably a bit overstated on my part, but she certainly put the ball on the floor in the backcourt to break the press at times.
As does KLS out of the 3 position, if there is such a thing in Geno's world.

Reaction Score
If we don't get her this video could increase your pain considerably. Not for the faint of heart.

Beyond the fact that she's a lovely young woman and seems just as sweet as she can be, her basketball potential doesn't seem to have any limits. Her persona seems to fit in with exactly the type of young lady that Geno and Chris want and crave and her willingness to be coached is obvious. When she mentioned how the coaches have helped her develop to where she is now, that truly suggests that she'd love playing for this Huskie staff that is the best in the business at making good players into great players and beyond. It sounds like it is truly a perfect fit for her and for UConn and I hope it plays out that way. I liked the thought of her coming to Storrs before I saw this clip but now, knowing what kind of person she is and how motivated she is, I am so, so hopeful that she does choose Storrs for the next few years. She'd be a marvelous addition to this team, to say the least!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I just hope she likes chickens.....and cows.......

I hope someone made clear to her on the visit that taking Chicken Processing 101 is not a requirement of being a Husky. That was our Future Farmer of America's elective, along with cow milking. Remember when Katie Lou gave it a spin with our walk on warrior Tierney Lawlor.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Beyond the fact that she's a lovely young woman and seems just as sweet as she can be, her basketball potential doesn't seem to have any limits. Her persona seems to fit in with exactly the type of young lady that Geno and Chris want and crave and her willingness to be coached is obvious. When she mentioned how the coaches have helped her develop to where she is now, that truly suggests that she'd love playing for this Huskie staff that is the best in the business at making good players into great players and beyond. It sounds like it is truly a perfect fit for her and for UConn and I hope it plays out that way. I liked the thought of her coming to Storrs before I saw this clip but now, knowing what kind of person she is and how motivated she is, I am so, so hopeful that she does choose Storrs for the next few years. She'd be a marvelous addition to this team, to say the least!

You're catching on. If she's a get it is a huge get.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
While Ezi is from Australia, why would you think that her announcement will be any different than MW, CW or ONO, who all waited to announce until the signing period, in front of the requisite media press conference?
Thanks for clarifying as I think my initial response came off as too aggressive, which was not the intention. We know the competitive nature of the announcements in the US and the following the girls get as part of the chase. What we don't know is the level of scrutiny or interest in Ezi from the Aussie contigent on attending school in the US. I am also not sure she knows yet where she wants to go, otherwise she could give a verbal and sign on the first date available. She only has two schools that we are aware of in on her-maybe there are more but logic seems to show otherwise. I just don't see the strategy component to wait if she knows where she wants to go is my only comment, that's all. Thanks for the dialogue.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Thanks for clarifying as I think my initial response came off as too aggressive, which was not the intention. We know the competitive nature of the announcements in the US and the following the girls get as part of the chase. What we don't know is the level of scrutiny or interest in Ezi from the Aussie contigent on attending school in the US. I am also not sure she knows yet where she wants to go, otherwise she could give a verbal and sign on the first date available. She only has two schools that we are aware of in on her-maybe there are more but logic seems to show otherwise. I just don't see the strategy component to wait if she knows where she wants to go is my only comment, that's all. Thanks for the dialogue.
Appreciate your comments. Reading the tea leaves, there is one other element in the Ezi saga that convinces me that she’s made up her mind, and that’s the two articles in the Canberra paper.

As she left to visit UCLA & UConn, the first article expressed the concern by her coach relative to the possibility that he might lose her to the U.S. After she came back, the second article indicated that Ezi heading to the states was a done deal.

If that’s so, and Ezi has told friends and family that she’s heading to the states, it’s hard for me to believe that she’s made that decision without also knowing which school in the U.S. she’ll end up at.

If Ezi doesn’t know, it would be sort of like heading to the airport to catch a flight, but not knowing which plane you want to take or where you’re going.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
We are recycling a lot of information in this thread. I have some exciting new information on Ezi but I'm reluctant to put it here. No, it is not her college choice. So I'm going to start a new thread and hope the mods don't merge it like the last on. I won't fool you: It's just some fun stuff and her younger years. So mods do what you will, but I'm still going to make a new thread and I will swallow a merge.

Reaction Score
She visited 2 schools. We all know why she visited UConn. Not so much why she visited UCLA. Without that knowledge it is tough to guess which school she will pick. Maybe she's a surfer in the off season.

If she really wants to be the best player she can be all arrows point to UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom