Ezi Magbegor and Assorted Topic Drifts | The Boneyard

Ezi Magbegor and Assorted Topic Drifts

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Maybe this one won't drift into whatever?

"Ezi's long and very poised," Alicia Froling said. "She does things quietly. She doesn't talk trash. She goes about her business and she puts points on the board just like that. She's an excellent shot blocker. I know that she was here last week and she has great potential. Sandy Brondello says she's the future of our national team. That's the kind of player she is. Like I said, she has so much potential."

"I think for Ezi, that if she's in this environment and in a place with someone like Geno ... I don't know what their team will be like next year so she might not play much as a freshmen," Froling said. "But the experience and to be in this environment and to be around people like that will be invaluable to her. She wants to play at the highest level which is the WNBA, so to be around Geno or to be around a program like UCLA's ... Our WNBL is a good league but the bad part is that it's a short season so she would have to find something else to do in their offseason.

Fellow Aussie gives Magbegor rave reviews

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
In Froling's quote UCLA certainly seems like an afterthought as I think about it. She thinks Ezi needs schooling and favors Geno I'm thinking. This is promising perhaps?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
If she does come to UConn I can see something like this happening in CD's classroom.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Maybe this one won't drift into whatever?

"Ezi's long and very poised," Alicia Froling said. "She does things quietly. She doesn't talk trash. She goes about her business and she puts points on the board just like that. She's an excellent shot blocker. I know that she was here last week and she has great potential. Sandy Brondello says she's the future of our national team. That's the kind of player she is. Like I said, she has so much potential."

"I think for Ezi, that if she's in this environment and in a place with someone like Geno ... I don't know what their team will be like next year so she might not play much as a freshmen," Froling said. "But the experience and to be in this environment and to be around people like that will be invaluable to her. She wants to play at the highest level which is the WNBA, so to be around Geno or to be around a program like UCLA's ... Our WNBL is a good league but the bad part is that it's a short season so she would have to find something else to do in their offseason.

Fellow Aussie gives Magbegor rave reviews
Man, does that sound like a UConn player.

Reaction Score
It sure would be nice if Ezi makes a quick decision as it may have an effect on UConn's other possible post recruits decision making............

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The short WNBL season which would leave Ezi with needing more basketball is something I had not thought of until Alicia Froling mentioned it. UCONN offers 8 months of continous high caliber basketball and leaves each summer for Ezi to play on the Australian National Teams. UCLA just can't match that.

Reaction Score
With the loss of Kia and Gabby.... She could have an immediate impact. The question is going to be how good are Williams and ONO, and will Megan et. al. show marketable improvements in the off season....

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The short WNBL season which would leave Ezi with needing more basketball is something I had not thought of until Alicia Froling mentioned it. UCONN offers 8 months of continous high caliber basketball and leaves each summer for Ezi to play on the Australian National Teams. UCLA just can't match that.

The WNBL season got even shorter last season, with a TV contract for the first time in 3 years and the contract dictated that they tighten the schedule. Some players felt it heightened injury experience in the league.

Reaction Score
Just curious as a casual follower since like 1995.... Why would the UConn season be longer than the UCLA season? I don't understand....

(hello. The whalers left, I was in HS, time to follow UConn women - when I happened to get CPTV as a local channel in my UMass dorm, so much the better! Now I pay DirecTV to get SNY, but it's all good, I still like to be educated!)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Just curious as a casual follower since like 1995.... Why would the UConn season be longer than the UCLA season? I don't understand....
(hello. The whalers left, I was in HS, time to follow UConn women - when I happened to get CPTV as a local channel in my UMass dorm, so much the better! Now I pay DirecTV to get SNY, but it's all good, I still like to be educated!)
The season is the same length, the quality of basketball played at UCONN cannot be matched by UCLA. UCONN plays literally everyone in the top 10. Just in a UCONN paractice everyday Ezi will be going up against an All-American or two or three. At UCLA she would get to play against an AA
5 X per year at best. I can't remember the last time UCLA was in a Final Four just like I can't remember the last time UCONN wasn't. UCLA last had a WBCA All-American in 1999. UCONN has had three WBCA All-Americans each year since 2013.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
A few points of note:
If Ezi does come to UConn her “summers” will be her “winters” in Australia. The UConn season is longer than UCLA by 3/4 games each season depend if UCLA makes the PAC12 Semi-final (never make the final) or if they make the Sweet 16...:rolleyes:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The Sydney Morning Herald seems to be claiming Magbegor is coming stateside.

The Canberra Capitals hope the signing of a marquee player will offset the looming departures of young guns Eziyoda Magbegor and Abbey Wehrung. Magbegor is set to move to the United States to play college basketball having visited the University of Connecticut and the University of California, Los Angeles in the past fortnight.

Wehrung has signed with the Bendigo Spirit, bringing her three-year stint in Canberra to an end as the 22-year-old moves closer to her family in Korweinguboora in Victoria.

Canberra Capitals rookie Ezi Magbegor Commonwealth Games-bound but leaving WNBL

Reaction Score
IMO Ezi's decision is between UConn or WNBL. From all I read she wants to get better so she can play in the WNBA. To these tired eyes, it's a no brainer, UConn is the choice. On the other hand if she wants to experience college life in the US...UCLA is that.

Reaction Score
Good advice from our former SMU opponent.
And a damn good one, too. We saw Froling play last year when UConn played SMU and were hugely impressed. Hope she's back with the team next year.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
And a damn good one, too. We saw Froling play last year when UConn played SMU and were hugely impressed. Hope she's back with the team next year.
When I commented, I was thinking that it was her sister in the interview. So I agree, hope she is back at full strength next season!

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Froling is coming back next year, she sat out due to injury this year.
Yup. For some reason I was thinking it was her sister in the story, the one who went back to Aussie Land to play pro ball (I think that was her reason).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom