Ezi Magbegor and Assorted Topic Drifts | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ezi Magbegor and Assorted Topic Drifts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The same author from the SMH article above has another piece out today. Ezi's team in Canberra signed Kelsey Griffin today, and that's no coincidence.

Griffin joined Canberra a day after being named in the Opals squad for the Commonwealth Games alongside outgoing Capitals rising star Eziyoda Magbegor.

The star forward will bring an inside presence to Goriss' outfit and fill the void left by Magbegor and departing guard Abbey Wehrung.

Marquee recruit Kelsey Griffin wants to put Capitals 'back on the map'

Reaction Score
going to be a tough 2018/2019 season for uconn. No G.Williams or K.Nurse...
Untested players like Coombs, Gordon and other older kids who have had little game time.

Hopefully c.williams, ododa and potentially Ezi can contribute alot off the bench.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
How so?
A dominant center, a forward with knee problems and the top PG in her class. Not to mention a talented trifecta recruiting year not seen since then.

JS

Reaction Score
"Magbegor is set to move to the United States to play college basketball having visited the University of Connecticut and the University of California, Los Angeles in the past fortnight."

Canberra Capitals rookie Ezi Magbegor Commonwealth Games-bound but leaving WNBL

May the best team win.

200w.gif

Reaction Score
"Magbegor is set to move to the United States to play college basketball having visited the University of Connecticut and the University of California, Los Angeles in the past fortnight."

Canberra Capitals rookie Ezi Magbegor Commonwealth Games-bound but leaving WNBL

May the best team win.

200w.gif
Now we know she is gonna play college ball in the states but obviously the question now is where. I said in a post awhile back that my gut said she wasn’t going to come to UCONN but also said I would love to be proven wrong.

Reaction Score
Ucla already have 2 post players and another coming in.
The biggest pull for ucla is having her mate Horvat there.

Reaction Score
Hmm. The last Uconn player to play for her country, Kia Nurse, has worked out for all involved. May the similar happy returns occur Ezi at Uconn.

Reaction Score
going to be a tough 2018/2019 season for uconn. No G.Williams or K.Nurse...
Untested players like Coombs, Gordon and other older kids who have had little game time.

Hopefully c.williams, ododa and potentially Ezi can contribute alot off the bench.
But 4 of the “starting 6” will be returning including the best player in the college game. We also know by now that in Geno’s system the biggest jump in performance happens between freshman/sophomore season. That could apply to the 3 fresh and Batouly.

Reaction Score
Ucla already have 2 post players and another coming in.
The biggest pull for ucla is having her mate Horvat there.

So does UConn, in Stevens, Camara, and Nelson-Ododa. Besides having Horvat, UCLA is a much closer flight, a better climate, a better school, and a completely different style of campus than UConn. If those factors mean something to Magbegor it will be very tough to get her away from Westwood.

Reaction Score
So does UConn, in Stevens, Camara, and Nelson-Ododa. Besides having Horvat, UCLA is a much closer flight, a better climate, a better school, and a completely different style of campus than UConn. If those factors mean something to Magbegor it will be very tough to get her away from Westwood.
But if it is about improving her game, then there should be no comparison needed.

Reaction Score
Anyone know her time frame for making her decision?

Reaction Score
Does anyone want to guess what the probability that Ezi will sign with UCONN? 50-50, 60-40, or some other percentage!

Reaction Score
But it's not only about that.
That is always the case with all recruits. Is THE best opportunity to improve their game the most important factor when considering a college choice or do those other factors have much impact on the decision? If the latter, than they probably don’t belong at UCONN and would not be as successful.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Now we know she is gonna play college ball in the states but obviously the question now is where. I said in a post awhile back that my gut said she wasn’t going to come to UCONN but also said I would love to be proven wrong.
Whistle...two minutes for unsportsmanlike conduct on enigmatic! Please go sit in the penalty box for 5 threads and 50 comments before joining back. While sitting, please consider your transgression of negative thoughts as we want only encouragement for our team! Now back to the regularly scheduled programming of Pleasantville... :cool:

Reaction Score
Technically, it's summer down under until March 21st :rolleyes:

well I'd very very happy to hear one way or another by March 21st.........her decision may have an impact on future recruiting so the sooner she decides the better

Reaction Score
Whistle...two minutes for unsportsmanlike conduct on enigmatic! Please go sit in the penalty box for 5 threads and 50 comments before joining back. While sitting, please consider your transgression of negative thoughts as we want only encouragement for our team! Now back to the regularly scheduled programming of Pleasantville... :cool:
Wasn’t being negative at all but Ezi coming to UCONN like I said would prove me wrong and that’s exactly what I want to happen ;):D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom