Ezi Magbegor and Assorted Topic Drifts | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Ezi Magbegor and Assorted Topic Drifts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Of course, this excited anticipation about Ezi is due to: 1. that she is apparently really talented; and 2. that this is a lull in the UConn season so we need something to talk about.

But there is also a really longing for height. The idea of getting two freshmen bigs will be the first time since Stewie that UConn isn't playing small ball. (With all respect to Z, who is getting more wonderful by the game, but until she can play without fouling against a strong big, we are holding our collective breath.)

With the sort of exception of volleyball (and in some ways in football) height isn't such a big deal in any sport I can think of except for basketball. And in basketball, it's especially important in the women's game, since so many men play above the rim anyway. To have talented bigs in the women's game changes everything....

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is HUGE! So much for my theory that Ezi would wait until after the Commonwealth Games to announce. Hopefully, we’ll get a second confirmation from the Courant or Register. Then I can officially say, “The rich just keep getting richer.” :)

What do you know? :D

Reaction Score
Um.....

The Canberra Capitals could be gearing up for a complete rebuild with forward Kate Gaze inking a deal with WNBL rivals the Adelaide Lightning.The loss of the 28-year-old is a blow for a Capitals outfit boasting just two players on its roster for the 2018-19 season.

The Capitals are still coming to grips with the departures of teenage superstar Eziyoda Magbegor (University of Connecticut) and Bendigo-bound guard Abbey Wehrung.

WNBL: Canberra Capitals forward Kate Gaze signs with Adelaide Lightning

Red Bus Quote.jpg

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Um.....

The Canberra Capitals could be gearing up for a complete rebuild with forward Kate Gaze inking a deal with WNBL rivals the Adelaide Lightning.The loss of the 28-year-old is a blow for a Capitals outfit boasting just two players on its roster for the 2018-19 season.

The Capitals are still coming to grips with the departures of teenage superstar Eziyoda Magbegor (University of Connecticut) and Bendigo-bound guard Abbey Wehrung.

WNBL: Canberra Capitals forward Kate Gaze signs with Adelaide Lightning

Hate to tell you all I told you so: ;) Okay, it wasn't her Coach sloppy drunk spilling the beans in a local pub ...wait a minute, how do we know that?? It could have been that for sure. Can't wait for UCLA's tampering/violation complaint to the NCAA! Wait, they'll Have The PAC do it using the Tennessee Playbook right?

What I really wanna say is: Nice Sleuthing @Sluconn Husky .

Question for @oldude: Can Geno comment. We don't know that the document is signed to we? I sleep in and this happens. Head bang

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
This is HUGE! So much for my theory that Ezi would wait until after the Commonwealth Games to announce. Hopefully, we’ll get a second confirmation from the Courant or Register. Then I can officially say, “The rich just keep getting richer.” :)
I agree, until it is confirmed in a "reliable" source, as you said, the Courant or Register or a UConn site, her twitter, facebook, or instagram, etc., then it is mere "rumor" I would think.

Last edited:

JS

Reaction Score
Awaiting confirmation like everyone else.

But thinking "Good thing they're different positions. Otherwise you might have the nation's #1-ranked high school player wondering if she'd been recruited over.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Hate to tell you all I told you so: ;) Okay, it wasn't her Coach sloppy drunk spilling the beans in a local pub ...wait a minute, how do we know that?? It could have been that for sure. Can't wait for UCLA's tampering/violation complaint to the NCAA! Wait, they'll Have The PAC do it using the Tennessee Playbook right?

Question for @oldude: Can Geno comment. We don't know that the document is signed to we? I sleep in and this happens. Head bang

Geno can't comment before signing day April 11th and has the signed papers in his hand.

Reaction Score

No. The NLI can't be signed until April 11. We are not even sure she is indeed committing to UConn. This could be an error by the author, bad info, etc.

Reaction Score
Awaiting confirmation like everyone else.

But thinking "Good thing they're different positions. Otherwise you might have the nation's #1-ranked high school player wondering if she'd been recruited over.

I can see the high-low two post offense already! There will certainly be no shortage of other shooting options for kick-out passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom