The Virginian
Reaction Score
So if UConn cannot comment yet, is it possible they’re lying? :confused:

Is a puzzlement . . . .

yulbrynner.jpg

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Geno can't comment before signing day April 11th and has the signed papers in his hand.

I know, but I'd like someone on camera to ask him the question and see his reaction. He is a pro at this off course, but he might give us a big old Cow Pie Grin with the No Comment!

Reaction Score
I don't think UConn would say anything even if they could until the recruit is ready to announce...............as I wrote earlier, don't get too excited this could be a big nothing............

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
No. The NLI can't be signed until April 11. We are not even sure she is indeed committing to UConn. This could be an error by the author, bad info, etc.

He's had three articles in the last week that in succession have stated Ezi's:

Visited UCLA and UCONN, and her coach in Canberra hopes she stays.

Leaving Australia to go to school in the United States.

Being partially replaced in Canberra by Kelsey Griffin.

Leaving Canberra; with UConn in parenthesis next to this news.

That's not one note, it's a timeline of events reported by someone from her country who has reported on her over the past year. It means he'd have to be passing on incorrect information over the course of numerous articles. One would think that someone from Ezi's camp or perhaps her team in Canberra would correct the record if said info was false or premature.

Reaction Score

That's not one note, it's a timeline of events reported by someone from her country who has reported on her over the past year. It means he'd have to be passing on incorrect information over the course of numerous articles. One would think that someone from Ezi's camp or perhaps her team in Canberra would correct the record if said info was false or premature.

well if my math is correct it's 6:50 am down there................perhaps the writer doesn't even realize the chaos his little article has created here in the States

Reaction Score

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Why haven't the beat writers for UConn been asking Geno for a comment. I know, Geno can't say anything about, but at least ask what he thinks about the article.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

If this is indeed all true, then Ezi was offered and accepted a scholarship during her visit on Senior Night. Her revealing this fact is clearly limited by both the coming playoffs in her country and the April 11th signing date. Even though the excitement in JordyG land is palpable it isn't as if it was unexpected. Honestly, once she walked into the XL and saw all those championship banners and the number of AA's and current WNBA professionals on the walls, the way UConn treats their seniors, the UConn style of play which is forward oriented (and the way Z was consistently fed the ball that night), the way UConn handled a top 25 team, and the family atmosphere CD, and Geno perpetuate, it was a no brainer.

Let the WCBB world's teeth gnashing begin.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Looking forward however, where does this leave Amihere, who to me was a lock for Stoors?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
If this is indeed all true, then Ezi was offered and accepted a scholarship during her visit on Senior Night. Her revealing this fact is clearly limited by both the coming playoffs in her country and the April 11th signing date. Even though the excitement in JordyG land is palpable it isn't as if it was unexpected. Honestly, once she walked into the XL and saw all those championship banners and the number of AA's and current WNBA professionals on the walls, the way UConn treats their seniors, the UConn style of play which is forward oriented (and the way Z was consistently fed the ball that night), the way UConn handled a top 25 team, and the family atmosphere CD, and Geno perpetuate, it was a no brainer.

Let the WCBB world's teeth gnashing begin.

Wonder if Geno told the team "FEED Z if she is open" just to help in the recruiting of 3Z.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I can see photos of ONO and Ezi now, with Geno in the middle. Disney has vigorously blown off the internet pretty much every bit of a movie that sorta fits here. So I cannot find the part of the movie where a young lady - I think the recruited player's sister- turns out to have quite the game herself and plays in the final game, with the tribal lands at stake. Jimmy Dolan had it so much harder than UConn did in recruiting. But I can still see Geno looking up and asking : How's The Air Up There A classic basketball movie.

The Air Up There.jpg

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
I have a weird question about bags' picture. Are her arms covered in tats?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
well if my math is correct it's 6:50 am down there......perhaps the writer doesn't even realize the chaos his little article has created here in the States
I’m sure if the writer new about the angst he had caused, he would likely tell us, “No worries mates.”

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Looking forward however, where does this leave Amihere, who to me was a lock for Stoors?
Where did you hear that? I've heard/read much about Brunelle, Jones, Boston, etc, but nary a peep regarding Amihere. What makes you think she was a "lock" for UCONN?

Reaction Score
Where did you hear that? I've heard/read much about Brunelle, Jones, Boston, etc, but nary a peep regarding Amihere. What makes you think she was a "lock" for UCONN?
I agree. Particularly, she has not visited uconn and there has been no home visit by Uconn.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score

I am sorry but from the moment @Sluconn Husky posted this and I read it, my focus has been a bit off...:cool:

Man, are the fans on McGraw's Bench going to be bumming when @Dillon77 posts this news....sorry my Irish Brethren, MM needs to be doubling down on Amihere immediately...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom