Ezi Magbegor and Assorted Topic Drifts | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Ezi Magbegor and Assorted Topic Drifts

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
How about a compromise?

A very good wine from down under for sure, but is it, will it be, better than this?

colli-di-castelfranci-alta-valle-taurasi-docg-italy-10394838.jpg

With tongue in cheek and apologies to j66kicker.

Reaction Score
What makes you guys think ONO, Williams, or Ezi would be any more useful than Megan was in her first season? I've learned my lesson about counting my chickens based on hype and recruiting rankings.
I think that players that have international experience really are more advanced to play the college game almost immediately. As a result, Ezi may surprise some people as did Kia Nurse!

Reaction Score
People were saying she'd prefer UCLA to UCONN due to weather. RJ mentioned an article that said it was so cold in Canberra that it couldn't even snow. Implying Canberra winters (Jun/July/Aug) were as bad or worse than UCONN's (Dec/Jan/Feb). I just posted what the avg. Temps were for Canberra in their winter. Although not tropical, Canberra is still better off than Storrs in winter.

The main point is/was sunny southern California is nicer than cold, snowy CT. Not that it probably matters to her.
Yes, the smog in LA isn't a major problem. Actually, when I talk to people about Connecticut (with me living in Florida) I always say that Connecticut is a wonderful state as far as ambience as long as you disclude the bigger towns like New Britain, Waterbury, Bridgeport, Hartford, etc. The countryside is great and of course, to have both Boston and New York so close, is actually a pretty positive situation for a lot of people.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Yes, the smog in LA isn't a major problem. Actually, when I talk to people about Connecticut (with me living in Florida) I always say that Connecticut is a wonderful state as far as ambience as long as you disclude the bigger towns like New Britain, Waterbury, Bridgeport, Hartford, etc. The countryside is great and of course, to have both Boston and New York so close, is actually a pretty positive situation for a lot of people.
Yea, Boston and NYC are pretty close to Storrs. However, UCLA is really close to LA. ;)

Reaction Score
Yea, Boston and NYC are pretty close to Storrs. However, UCLA is really close to LA. ;)
Boston and New York trump LA ten times over for culture and the arts and content!

Reaction Score
Boston and New York trump LA ten times over for culture and the arts and content!
LA does have some characteristics to offset, as well but not nearly enough!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
A very good wine from down under for sure, but is it, will it be, better than this?

colli-di-castelfranci-alta-valle-taurasi-docg-italy-10394838.jpg

With tongue in cheek and apologies to j66kicker.
I bow to your wisdom.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Um.....

The Canberra Capitals could be gearing up for a complete rebuild with forward Kate Gaze inking a deal with WNBL rivals the Adelaide Lightning.The loss of the 28-year-old is a blow for a Capitals outfit boasting just two players on its roster for the 2018-19 season.

The Capitals are still coming to grips with the departures of teenage superstar Eziyoda Magbegor (University of Connecticut) and Bendigo-bound guard Abbey Wehrung.

WNBL: Canberra Capitals forward Kate Gaze signs with Adelaide Lightning

Reaction Score
Um.....

The Canberra Capitals could be gearing up for a complete rebuild with forward Kate Gaze inking a deal with WNBL rivals the Adelaide Lightning.The loss of the 28-year-old is a blow for a Capitals outfit boasting just two players on its roster for the 2018-19 season.

The Capitals are still coming to grips with the departures of teenage superstar Eziyoda Magbegor (University of Connecticut) and Bendigo-bound guard Abbey Wehrung.

Potential post of the year.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Um.....

This is HUGE! So much for my theory that Ezi would wait until after the Commonwealth Games to announce. Hopefully, we’ll get a second confirmation from the Courant or Register. Then I can officially say, “The rich just keep getting richer.” :)

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
You know what, considering she's from an area where she has sun, beach and surf 24/7, maybe she'd actually like to experience something different. New England is quaint and beautiful and actually makes Boston andI have a friend New York quite accessible, two great culture centers. I live in Florida and have access to the beaches so when I vacation, I'm looking for the wondrous canyons of southern Utah or the mountains and valleys and splendor of British Columbia. Maybe she's likely to feel the same way and then there is also the Geno, CD thing, helping prepare her to be better than she probably ever thought she could be.
I have a friend who is native Hawaiian. He visited Conn. and witnessed his first blizzard. He was so taken by the storm. He quit his job by phone and stayed in Conn.

Reaction Score
This is HUGE! So much for my theory that Ezi would wait until after the Commonwealth Games to announce. Hopefully, we’ll get a second confirmation from the Courant or Register. Then I can officially say, “The rich just keep getting richer.” :)
hmm. It sounds like a leak. Ok , that says it, she's coming ! :):D:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Um.....

I just tweeted the author of this article to get clarification if Magbegor to UConn was officially announced. I will post his reply as soon as possible.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I just tweeted the author of this article to get clarification if Magbegor to UConn was officially announced. I will post his reply as soon as possible.
As info, it's just about midnight in Sidney, Australia.

Reaction Score
I have a friend who is native Hawaiian. He visited Conn. and witnessed his first blizzard. He was so taken by the storm. He quit his job by phone and stayed in Conn.
Do they allow him out on weekends ?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

Thanks. I was hoping somebody would do that. I'd have done it if I had a twitter account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom