Ezi Magbegor and Assorted Topic Drifts | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Ezi Magbegor and Assorted Topic Drifts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I see Ezi as a 3 or 4 and Boston as a 4 or 5. Plenty of room in Storrs for both of them.

While I agree that there is room for both of them, Magbegor is definitely a power 4 and not a 3 or a stretch 4.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
While I agree that there is room for both of them, Magbegor is definitely a power 4 and not a 3 or a stretch 4.
Geno’s pretty creative with his lineups. A few years back, during the NCAA tournament, when he was playing only 6 players in prime time, he frequently used Steph, Kiah Stokes, Stewie, KML & Mo. When teams tried to press Mo in the backcourt, she simply passed the ball over to Stewie who easily broke the press. Essentially, Stewie was playing the 2-guard spot, with KML at the 3 and Steph & Kiah in some combination of the 4/5 roles.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Geno’s pretty creative with his lineups. A few years back, during the NCAA tournament, when he was playing only 6 players in prime time, he frequently used Steph, Kiah Stokes, Stewie, KML & Mo. When teams tried to press Mo in the backcourt, she simply passed the ball over to Stewie who easily broke the press. Essentially, Stewie was playing the 2-guard spot, with KML at the 3 and Steph & Kiah in some combination of the 4/5 roles.
Stewie was mad versatile but I don't recall her sliding as far as the 2 spot. In the big lineup I remember Bria played the the 1 KML played the 2, Stewie the 3 and Steph played the 5 and Kiah played the 4. The rotation for most of that season was actually 8 players (Banks, Chong, Kiah) got starts because KML was hurt for a good portion of the season. By the latter rounds of the tournament that 8 player rotation was reduced to the 6.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Stewie was mad versatile but I don't recall her sliding as far as the 2 spot. In the big lineup I remember Bria played the the 1 KML played the 2, Stewie the 3 and Steph played the 5 and Kiah played the 4. The rotation for most of that season was actually 8 players (Banks, Chong, Kiah) got starts because KML was hurt for a good portion of the season. By the latter rounds of the tournament that 8 player rotation was reduced to the 6.
Stewie at the 2 was probably a bit overstated on my part, but she certainly put the ball on the floor in the backcourt to break the press at times.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I see Ezi as a 3 or 4 and Boston as a 4 or 5. Plenty of room in Storrs for both of them.
Actually I would reverse that. I see Ezi as a 4/5 and ONO as a 3/4. ONO is just too slight to play the 5. I mean if anyone ever thought Stewie was a bean pole, wait until you see ONO for the first time.

Last edited:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Rumor had it that if she came to the US, it was going to be UCONN. We will see if the 2nd part is correct soon enough! I will do back-flips if that turns out to be the case!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The Rock never rolls off the Mountain Top...and is always on top of the news as well. What are you all thinking at this point?

Reaction Score
Stewie at the 2 was probably a bit overstated on my part, but she certainly put the ball on the floor in the backcourt to break the press at times.
However the fascinating part of UConn is that a player like Stewie could play the 2 role for a few seconds and then switch to another role. Look at Gabby. She can flow between 1,2, and 5 in one possession.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Actually I would reverse that. I see Ezi as a 4/5 and ONO as a 3/4. ONO is just too slight to play the 5. I mean if anyone ever thought Stewie was a bean pole, wait until you see ONO for the first time.
I agree, but I was referring to Ezi & Boston, not Ezi & ONO.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
She'd fit right in as a Husky:

DRjjiL7UEAA8Cvj.jpg

HGN

Reaction Score
I won't count my chickens before they hatch. But I got my fingers crossed , and I'm trying to gather all the eggs. So that when they do hatch I have the chickens
that I want most.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Getting home from UConn would mean a 3hr ride from Storrs to NYC and then a 23 hr flight to Australia with at least an hour layover. Total time minimum 27hrs

Getting home from UCLA would mean a 15min ride from Westwood to LAX and then a non stop 14hr flight.
Total time minimum. 14hrs 15min.

Yes, I consider 12hrs 45min a factor.
I don't think the difference is that long. The flight different is only 5-6 hours, depending on the direction, plus layover.

I went to the UConn v. UCLA game in November. Driving time from LAX to Pauley was 70 minutes at rush hour, not 15 minutes.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
While people are kvetching about Z and next year, I think Ezi might find it encouraging to look at Z's development under Geno et al and consider it a plus to have Z around to push her and bring her along next year, not to mention having ONO to go through it with and spell each other going forward.
Z had a nice game on Senior Night off the bench--with Ezi in attendance.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Geno created a position for Gabby. He'll figure things out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom