Ezi Magbegor and Assorted Topic Drifts | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Ezi Magbegor and Assorted Topic Drifts

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
You guys do realize you're talking about winter in Australia.

Average Canberra temperatures during Australian late spring through early fall (i.e., U.S. college and Australian WNBL basketball seasons) are in the 60's and 70's.
Yea, that's kind of the point. Hence June/July/August??

HGN

Reaction Score
I must be losing my mind....I meant ONO.....not sure why Collier is still in my memory bank
Charlie , I did notice the segment that you are referring to on the tape..........But according to the stats , over the course of the game it was a pretty even battle.
I am hopeful that a future combo of ONO and Ezi could replicate a Gabby/Pheesa type grouping.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I must be losing my mind....I meant ONO.....not sure why Collier is still in my memory bank

ONO and Ezi are both keepers and should we be lucky enough to have them both it could be some amazing good fun for you and me.

Reaction Score
ONO and Ezi are both keepers and should we be lucky enough to have them both it could be some amazing good fun for you and me.

if not Ezi then Amihere who has a remarkably similar skill set..............she just had an in home with Louisville.............I hope UConn is on the road this week as it seems everybody else is............

Reactions: HGN
Reaction Score
Right: if they do make up the UConn front court, we'd say defensively it was a no-score ZONO.

Having Ono and Ezi on the floor together is an exciting prospect both offensively and defensively.
I would envision high and low post sets and around-the-rim finishing mixed in with kick-outs to the sharp shooting CW. Defensively, maybe it would be a recreation of the Stewie/Kiah block party - for sure a no fly zone.

Reaction Score
I can see the starting line-up for next year already.
Dangerfield
Walker
KLS
Collier
Stevens
(I give Walker the experience edge over Williams)
Having Ezi, Batouly, Ono and Williams on the bench, among others, should relieve some of Geno's anxiety about 30 win seasons.

Reaction Score
What makes you guys think ONO, Williams, or Ezi would be any more useful than Megan was in her first season? I've learned my lesson about counting my chickens based on hype and recruiting rankings.

Reaction Score
What makes you guys think ONO, Williams, or Ezi would be any more useful than Megan was in her first season? I've learned my lesson about counting my chickens based on hype and recruiting rankings.

You never know for sure but I would say CW is a superb multi dimensional scorer who should be successful pretty quickly............Ezi (if she chooses UConn) is physically advanced and a defensive stallwart which would earn her early minutes..............ONO is the biggest question mark as she needs to add some muscle but she is such a skilled player for her size that I can't imagine her not getting some minutes...........it would certainly be exciting to watch

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Agree somewhat on ONO and CW. As for Ezi, her international experience as well as her development in the Australian pro league set her apart from almost all incoming freshmen. If she comes to Storrs, I would expect her to contribute as a freshman.

Reaction Score
Walz was just out to see Haley Jones,Now he has an in-home with Amihere.Is he trying to be the new Geno?These are exactly in Geno's footsteps.Walz is even trying to be the new bee in THAT coach's bonnet.Give him one good year and he thinks he's the new godfather,Geez.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Walz was just out to see Haley Jones,Now he has an in-home with Amihere.Is he trying to be the new Geno?These are exactly in Geno's footsteps.Walz is even trying to be the new bee in THAT coach's bonnet.Give him one good year and he thinks he's the new godfather,Geez.
Walz hit HR’s with Hines-Allen, who’s gone after this year, and Durr, who’s gone next year. In order to stay relevant near the top of WBB, he needs to continue to hit HR’s with players like Amihere & Jones, or risks falling back to a 2nd tier WBB team.

Reaction Score

the difference is Walz has twenty other visits scheduled and Geno maybe has two

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Right: if they do make up the UConn front court, we'd say defensively it was a no-score ZONO.

Wow, that may be the post of the month. very good. LMAO

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Because Megan has been the exception to the rule of #1 player in the class not being a major contributor/ starter in year one at UCONN.

JS

Reaction Score
Yea, that's kind of the point. Hence June/July/August??
Not sure what the point is then.

If the point is that our winters are comparable to her general experience, our winters are actually colder (three-month winter highs average: 52 in Canberra, 37 in Hartford). Plus if she goes home during our summer, she gets to experience two winters per year.

If the point is comparing climate during our basketball season with theirs, using their June-Aug. (winter) period doesn't work. Their school season ends with championships in Dec. Their WNBL season is congruent with our college season.

Maybe I'm missing something.

Reaction Score
Walz was just out to see Haley Jones,Now he has an in-home with Amihere.Is he trying to be the new Geno?These are exactly in Geno's footsteps.Walz is even trying to be the new bhttps://twitter.com/haleyjoness19/status/971558024388132864ee in THAT coach's bonnet.Give him one good year and he thinks he's the new godfather,Geez.

Funny, It must be that week. Dawn Staley and her entire staff was just out to do an in-home with Haley Jones per her twitter account and recent pictures she as posted.

HGN

Reaction Score
if not Ezi then Amihere who has a remarkably similar skill set....she just had an in home with Louisville...I hope UConn is on the road this week as it seems everybody else is..
If its one thing I will give Walz , he's everywhere and his flights get him there earlier than most. ..........So yes , let's hope UConn's flight to Canada doesn't get delayed any longer.
I do wish that one of these players were 6'6" though.............But all seem to be similar in size , build , and stature. But I guess the Huskies didn't do too bad
with Pheesa, Gabby , and KLS. So I am not complaining. Let's just get them to Storrs.

LET'S GO HUSKIES!!

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
You blame him for that, for trying to keep his program at a top level? That's his job as a coach.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Not sure what the point is then.

If the point is that our winters are comparable to her general experience, our winters are actually colder (three-month winter highs average: 52 in Canberra, 37 in Hartford). Plus if she goes home during our summer, she gets to experience two winters per year.

If the point is comparing climate during our basketball season with theirs, using their June-Aug. (winter) period doesn't work. Their school season ends with championships in Dec. Their WNBL season is congruent with our college season.

Maybe I'm missing something.
People were saying she'd prefer UCLA to UCONN due to weather. RJ mentioned an article that said it was so cold in Canberra that it couldn't even snow. Implying Canberra winters (Jun/July/Aug) were as bad or worse than UCONN's (Dec/Jan/Feb). I just posted what the avg. Temps were for Canberra in their winter. Although not tropical, Canberra is still better off than Storrs in winter.

The main point is/was sunny southern California is nicer than cold, snowy CT. Not that it probably matters to her.

HGN

Reaction Score
You never know for sure but I would say CW is a superb multi dimensional scorer who should be successful pretty quickly..Ezi (if she chooses UConn) is physically advanced and a defensive stallwart which would earn her early minutes....ONO is the biggest question mark as she needs to add some muscle but she is such a skilled player for her size that I can't imagine her not getting some minutes......it would certainly be exciting to watch
Charlie , they all are going to get good minutes. If they are as good as we think they are , they all could be starting........ Geno will find a way to utilize their skills and a spot
for them.( A la Pheesa/Gabby/KLS/Azura).

The problem is not Geno or minutes.........The problem is getting the players to sign with the Huskies and carving out a spot.

GO HUSKIES!!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Funny, It must be that week. Dawn Staley and her entire staff was just out to do an in-home with Haley Jones per her twitter account and recent pictures she as posted.

What's with them doing the Hook 'Em horns! Or are they saying Call me? Or what?

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
I can see the starting line-up for next year already.
Dangerfield
Walker
KLS
Collier
Stevens

If I were Geno I'd want another ball handler in the line up. Yes, KLS is rather sufficient but we see her playing better and more efficient if she isn't the 2. Maybe that will be CW? BENT? who steps up? If Walker doesn't have the sophomore leap that KLS or GUNS had it will be iffy offering her a start spot. Idk, all speculation but a fun one to speculate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom