Ezi Magbegor and Assorted Topic Drifts | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Ezi Magbegor and Assorted Topic Drifts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
If I were Geno I'd want another ball handler in the line up. Yes, KLS is rather sufficient but we see her playing better and more efficient if she isn't the 2. Maybe that will be CW? BENT? who steps up? If Walker doesn't have the sophomore leap that KLS or GUNS had it will be iffy offering her a start spot. Idk, all speculation but a fun one to speculate!

Really why it's important for Coombs to take a big leap next year. Need her ball-handling and defensive skills on the perimeter. Don't wanna have to watch Walker chasing quick guards if possible.

Reaction Score
Charlie , I did notice the segment that you are referring to on the tape.....But according to the stats , over the course of the game it was a pretty even battle.
I am hopeful that a future combo of ONO and Ezi could replicate a Gabby/Pheesa type grouping.
HGN - as I've mentioned before, Geno & CD have won WCBB championships with front lines consisting of a bunch of 6'2"ers....but, it sure is comforting when you've got the likes of Rebecca (6'4") & Kara (6'7") in the paint. With the supporting cast they're going to have, can you imagine what other coaches are going to think if Ezi commits to UCONN, now that we have ONO inbound...and the Z factor for another year? And, they thought they had it tough already? As Mr. Armstrong might say, It's a Wonderful World!

Reaction Score
I think we are going to love CW! Watch out for this girl. She has got a focus and business like professional demeanor that is going to make her better than the usual freshman.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Really why it's important for Coombs to take a big leap next year. Need her ball-handling and defensive skills on the perimeter. Don't wanna have to watch Walker chasing quick guards if possible.
Mikayla has shown signs this year on defense as well as in her ability to run the offense. The one thing about her game that concerns me is her extremely awkward shot.

It’s difficult to play guard at UConn, if you can’t knock down the outside shot with some level of consistency. It’s probably too late in Mikayla’s career for her to change her shooting mechanics.

Perhaps she’s a better shooter than she’s shown and just needs more PT before she starts knocking down that funky shot of hers with regularity.

Reaction Score
Mikayla has shown signs this year on defense as well as in her ability to run the offense. The one thing about her game that concerns me is her extremely awkward shot.

It’s difficult to play guard at UConn, if you can’t knock down the outside shot with some level of consistency. It’s probably too late in Mikayla’s career for her to change her shooting mechanics.

Perhaps she’s a better shooter than she’s shown and just needs more PT before she starts knocking down that funky shot of hers with regularity.
Concur...she's got the quickness and skill to be a shut down defender. Her shot mechanics aren't the norm, but, if the ball goes in...she'll make that sophomore jump, as Megan will. It'll be lots of fun next year....in the meantime, they've got some "unfinished" buisness to take care of!

Reaction Score
I don't understand. I've noticed a player for Baylor in the past, TN, and our MC. How can they have unorthodox shooting mechanics still at the college level????

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I don't understand. I've noticed a player for Baylor in the past, TN, and our MC. How can they have unorthodox shooting mechanics still at the college level????
It’s something that starts at a young age. Eventually, whatever shooting mechanics a player develops become so ingrained, they are virtually impossible to change. I suspect that’s the case with Mikayla.

Bad shooting mechanics does not necessarily mean bad shooting results. Through the years, I’ve seen a number of players with funky mechanics that could still knock down shots. One who comes to mind is Lonzo Ball of the LA Lakers.

Reaction Score
I have 2 questions for everyone:

1) In your opinion, what are the odds that we get Macbegor?

2) If we did, would she be available for the 2018-2019 season?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I have 2 questions for everyone:

1) In your opinion, what are the odds that we get Macbegor?

2) If we did, would she be available for the 2018-2019 season?
The papers in Ezi’s home town say she’s going to play basketball in the US, so it comes down to UCLA or UConn. I guess you could call it 50/50, but in reality it’s either 0% or 100%.

If Ezi decides to play for UConn, she would most definitely be available next season.

Reaction Score
The papers in Ezi’s home town say she’s going to play basketball in the US, so it comes down to UCLA or UConn. I guess you could call it 50/50, but in reality it’s either 0% or 100%.

If Ezi decides to play for UConn, she would most definitely be available next season.
Thank You!

Reaction Score
If she has, indeed, decided that she is going to play US college basketball, it is because UConn has given her an offer. She said previously that she would go to the US if a certain college wanted her. That college was not UCLA. She is going to land California after a very long flight, probably in LA, so why not visit a college there.

But her destination is UConn. Unless something turns her off, she will commit before she leaves...and the rest of the D1 WCBB coaching ranks will be put on suicide watch.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
It’s something that starts at a young age. Eventually, whatever shooting mechanics a player develops become so ingrained, they are virtually impossible to change. I suspect that’s the case with Mikayla.

Bad shooting mechanics does not necessarily mean bad shooting results. Through the years, I’ve seen a number of players with funky mechanics that could still knock down shots. One who comes to mind is Lonzo Ball of the LA Lakers.
Saniya Chong improved her shooting form significantly while she was at UConn. As a freshman, she released the ball from chest height and needed to have her feet planted. She needed several seconds to get a shot up that wouldn't be blocked. By the time she was a senior, she was shooting from forehead level and could release quickly.

Speaking of shooting form, has anyone since KML had a better shooting form than Molly Bent? We hardly ever see it, but if she ever starts taking shots and 35-40% of them go in (which seems realistic), we will probably be commenting on her shooting form.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Saniya Chong improved her shooting form significantly while she was at UConn. As a freshman, she released the ball from chest height and needed to have her feet planted. She needed several seconds to get a shot up that wouldn't be blocked. By the time she was a senior, she was shooting from forehead level and could release quickly.

Speaking of shooting form, has anyone since KML had a better shooting form than Molly Bent? We hardly ever see it, but if she ever starts taking shots and 35-40% of them go in (which seems realistic), we will probably be commenting on her shooting form.
With all do respect you may want to go back and take a look at Saniya’s shot on film her freshman year and then her senior year.

Saniya had a two handed set shot which she started at her chest from the time she arrived at Storrs until the day she left. Like most shooters, she learned to release it a little faster in college, and perhaps with a little higher arc. There was no major mechanical change. Plus, Saniya was always a pretty good 3-pt shooter with a serviceable shooting form.

Mikayla slings a one handed shot starting from waste high, with little arc on it. The closest shot I can remember is something Brianna Banks used to put up. Maybe it’s a Georgia thing?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Wow! She’s been visiting UConn for weeks???
Before some takes you seriously and reports UCONN to the NCAA,a recruiting prospect cannot spend more than 48 house on campus during an official visit.

Reaction Score
Before some takes you seriously and reports UCONN to the NCAA,a recruiting prospect cannot spend more than 48 house on campus during an official visit.

is living in a barn considered an extra benefit?............:rolleyes:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Bares repeating.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I go do a few errands and you all start acting like children, or foxes in a chicken coop! Bad. Bad. I have a serious recruiting rule question though. Ezi I seem to recall graduated Aussie High School last year. UConn is subject to all recruiting rules, but is there any signing period requirement the binds Ezi and UConn in these circumstances. Confess to duncedom on this aspect of international recruiting.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I go do a few errands and you all start acting like children, or foxes in a chicken coop! Bad. Bad. I have a serious recruiting rule question though. Ezi I seem to recall graduated Aussie High School last year. UConn is subject to all recruiting rules, but is there any signing period requirement the binds Ezi and UConn in these circumstances. Confess to duncedom on this aspect of international recruiting.
Ezi will need to sign her NLI during the regular NCAA signing period between April 11 and May 16.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Ezi will need to sign her NLI during the regular NCAA signing period between April 11 and May 16.

I saw that inferred in another thread. So that rule is not age or school status dependent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom