OT: - Enoch visiting Louisville | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Enoch visiting Louisville

Reaction Score
So the ACC is so desperate it's looking at AAC failures.
Wow are they a mid major conference or what?[/QUOTE

Isn't Louisville still under investigation by the NCAA? Something minor like prostiutes used fou recruiting that Pitano didn't know anything about? He's liable to find out they are ineligible for post season play by he time he is eligible to play.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Sports comparisons aren't fair. Can he be developed or not? It's as simple as that. I think it will give us some insight, that's all. I wish him the best of luck.

Most (many? some?) of us fully expected substantial improvement from Steve this year, and for him to be a decent starting center as a Senior. If we see that kind of development from him when he becomes eligible wherever he ends up, we will be more disappointed (that he didn't stick around here to share his abilities with us) than surprised.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Two kids who weren't good enough to play here are getting Louisville interest.

It's a bad look no matter how you slice it.

Saying they weren't good enough here is not right or fair to those opined that sentiment
So Louisville is the end all program? they have won how many titles in last 20 years?
SE played zero defense and was slow as molasses
Durham was somewhat nonchalant and scared
VJ showed he could shoot but didn't have a shooters mentality, got burned on D and you could tell in December he was out of here
I don't think it's a bad look because it looks like UL may be looking to stick someone like SE on the bench rather than all those 120 lb white kids who look like ballboys they always seem to carry 3 or 4 as walk-ons

Reaction Score
It's funny you call people out for being stupid in your post but put together a really really uninsightful and stupid post.

Thanks for telling us he can be good if he works hard and becomes a good basketball player and not just a big body. Is your day job a basketball scout?

Jerry Jerry. Go flex your anonymity elsewhere. I'm not impressed. You haven't expressed a solitary basketball nugget. Take the Corn guy and whine.

Reaction Score
Don't agree.

We were a better team when/ if Brimah was a rimprotector and gave a semblance of offense. That looked great for a period in late Jan & early Feb. Enoch - again - Needed to earn playing minutes in practice & game play.

pj

Reaction Score
Brimah was worlds better than Enoch. He may have valid complaints with the coaches, but playing time isn't one of them. He got all the minutes he earned.

Reaction Score
It doesn't matter what Steve showed or didn't show in practice. Our season was toast early on and Brimah was not coming back next year so playing Enoch more than 8 minutes a game would have given us a chance at a definitive answer whether we had something to work with next year or not. KO wanted Brimah in there because he thought he was going to the NCAA tournament after sweeping the AAC. He was delusional. Enoch had offensive moves that Brimah couldn't dream of. That's not me saying it, it was almost every analyst and broadcaster that watched him. My wife and I were attending the playoffs at the XL and she doesn't even know our team players' names. After 1/2 she asked " why do they keep throwing that tall skinny guy the ball, he fumbles it and can't catch it?". That was the culmination of 4 years. Somewhere down the line something was destroyed between KO and Steve whether he deserved it or not. The coach did not show the player confidence. It has to be pretty bad if you're going to take a year off from a certain starting role so you can sit on a bench. If Enoch turns into a good player in the future that will reflect badly on KO.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
It doesn't matter what Steve showed or didn't show in practice. Our season was toast early on and Brimah was not coming back next year so playing Enoch more than 8 minutes a game would have given us a chance at a definitive answer whether we had something to work with next year or not. KO wanted Brimah in there because he thought he was going to the NCAA tournament after sweeping the AAC. He was delusional. Enoch had offensive moves that Brimah couldn't dream of. That's not me saying it, it was almost every analyst and broadcaster that watched him.

And yet, he still couldn't score.

Plus, his defense was even worse than Brimah's offense. And D is more important from the center spot than O, especially in UCONNs system.

Reaction Score
It doesn't matter what Steve showed or didn't show in practice. Our season was toast early on and Brimah was not coming back next year so playing Enoch more than 8 minutes a game would have given us a chance at a definitive answer whether we had something to work with next year or not. KO wanted Brimah in there because he thought he was going to the NCAA tournament after sweeping the AAC. He was delusional. Enoch had offensive moves that Brimah couldn't dream of. That's not me saying it, it was almost every analyst and broadcaster that watched him. My wife and I were attending the playoffs at the XL and she doesn't even know our team players' names. After 1/2 she asked " why do they keep throwing that tall skinny guy the ball, he fumbles it and can't catch it?". That was the culmination of 4 years. Somewhere down the line something was destroyed between KO and Steve whether he deserved it or not. The coach did not show the player confidence. It has to be pretty bad if you're going to take a year off from a certain starting role so you can sit on a bench. If Enoch turns into a good player in the future that will reflect badly on KO.

I feel like many never played on a team. Enoch got minutes and opportunity. And UConn - with Brimah and Facey - had opportunities through mid February to exceed where they actually ended up. I AM a big proponent of Steve Enoch's potential. Unfortunately, that kid showed that he couldn't sustain a winning post effort in the last 6 weeks of the season. And I am going to bet that paralleled what he did in practice. I back Ollie in what was a key 2016-2017 development. You nudge Enoch ... but you are not doing your Program nor Steven Enoch any good giving him minutes beyond what he has proven is his. A 20 minute Enoch allotment only should have come with better performance on defense/rebounding and in practice daily. Calhoun would have eaten that kid up.

C

Chief00

There are some folks on this board, in my view, who are not real good at assessing Bigs. Not comparing the two but when Drummond average nearly double/doubles as a FR - there were many who said he had a bad Freshman year. That was the year Calhoun was in and out all year due to the NCAA and various health reasons. Boatright was also in and out due to the NCAA yet some blamed a disappointing year on a FR who nearly averaged double/doubles.

Quite frankly, I will be blunt Enoch did not get the necessary Big coaching nor was he featured in the offense as much as I think he should have been. Now before Stairmaster jumps all over me saying that I am a Calhoun guy (LOL) - I can assure you Calhoun would refute my assessment of Glen Miller's Bigs Coaching.

C

Chief00

And yet, he still couldn't score.

Plus, his defense was even worse than Brimah's offense. And D is more important from the center spot than O, especially in UCONNs system.
Enoch was the best offensive Big in practice.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I feel like many never played on a team. Enoch got minutes and opportunity. And UConn - with Brimah and Facey - had opportunities through mid February to exceed where they actually ended up. I AM a big proponent of Steve Enoch's potential. Unfortunately, that kid showed that he couldn't sustain a winning post effort in the last 6 weeks of the season. And I am going to bet that paralleled what he did in practice. I back Ollie in what was a key 2016-2017 development. You nudge Enoch ... but you are not doing your Program nor Steven Enoch any good giving him minutes beyond what he has proven is his. A 20 minute Enoch allotment only should have come with better performance on defense/rebounding and in practice daily. Calhoun would have eaten that kid up.

Also, it seems like posters want to throw out the whole "you earn PT in practice" formula which UCONN was built on, all in an effort to retain players. Mind boggling.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Quite frankly, I will be blunt Enoch did not get the necessary Big coaching nor was he featured in the offense as much as I think he should have been. Now before Stairmaster jumps all over me saying that I am a Calhoun guy (LOL) - I can assure you Calhoun would refute my assessment of Glen Miller's Bigs Coaching.

you-keep-using-that-word.jpg

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Also, it seems like posters want to throw out the whole "you earn PT in practice" formula which UConn was built on, all in an effort to retain players. Mind boggling.
I would in this case. Sorry I'm not psyched for the Cobb Carlton era at center.

Reaction Score
Meant exactly what I said. Calhoun would not agree with my assessment of Glen Miller Bigs coaching ability.
So either you're saying you really don't know what refute means, or you are saying that you know how to coach basketball better than. Jimmy C?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I would in this case. Sorry I'm not psyched for the Cobb Carlton era at center.

Why would anyone come to a program where you don't/can't actually earn your playing time? I can't imagine do so.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Enoch was the best offensive Big in practice.

Yeah, but...
1. could he play D? Which is the more important question.
2. that's comparing him to Brimah. lol not the highest of bars there.
3. Didn't seem to be able to translate practice play to game play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom