Emmitt Matthews Jr Official Visit this weekend | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Emmitt Matthews Jr Official Visit this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Good friend that is a high school coach up in Washington had this to say:

Wants to leave Washington

Has grown three inches over the last sixth months and is supposed to be 6'9

Called him a pure and efficient scorer that is now working on defending the 1-4.

3 pt shot has vastly improved.

His money is on Yukon. says he loves Chill and thinks he should easily be a top 100 kid, but because of the late growth spurt, will stay under the radar.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Good friend that is a high school coach up in Washington had this to say:

Wants to leave Washington

Has grown three inches over the last sixth months and is supposed to be 6'9

Called him a pure and efficient scorer that is now working on defending the 1-4.

3 pt shot has vastly improved.

His money is on Yukon. says he loves Chill and thinks he should easily be a top 100 kid, but because of the late growth spurt, will stay under the radar.
This sounds incredible. Sign him up

Reaction Score
Someone already mentioned it but the kid looks to have a ton of Kelly Oubre to his game. Same smooth lefty stroke, same effortless athleticism, length, and even the same hair.
Your comparison is better than mines. I was thinking a taller left handed Jeremy lamb

Reaction Score
A wing. Also Carey is worlds better than Matthews.

I see different players anyway, but "worlds" is a stretch. Would love to get both but this kid would seem to be on the rise as a player as well his size. No brainer if he's ready to be a Husky this weekend, would be excellent. Absolutely love his stroke, Michael Redd-like down the road.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I see different players anyway, but "worlds" is a stretch. Would love to get both but this kid would seem to be on the rise as a player as well his size. No brainer if he's ready to be a Husky this weekend, would be excellent. Absolutely love his stroke, Michael Redd-like down the road.
We need outside shooting and size. Kid has both. Would be very happy with getting him

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
If he can defend the 2 in college that would be awesome. We could use someone in the Mikal Bridges mold for sure.
I was thinking the same thing. 6-7 is pretty frightful to be up against as a guard. Cutting off the passing lanes
and guarding/shot blocking on the perimeter leading to transition baskets not to mention the offensive skills to finish. Become a part of the nightmare of toughness being assembled at Storrs.

Reaction Score
Someone already mentioned it but the kid looks to have a ton of Kelly Oubre to his game. Same smooth lefty stroke, same effortless athleticism, length, and even the same hair.

While watching his tape he reminded me of somebody but I couldn't put my finger on it until I read your post. Great call!

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

The amazing thing about redd is that he wasn't even a good shooter at Ohio st.

Which is why he ended up in round 2. Even his FT shooting wasn't good until he was a jr.

His transformation in the NBA is one of the biggest we've seen (I'd probably vote Jamison #1, Kaw. Leonard 2 and redd 3). All these guys were just totally different players in college than the pros.

If this kid can shoot like the pro redd, he's an amazing fit. And that size....even Rashad was only like 6-4 when he was hitting deep shots and winning a title.

Reaction Score
Would love to get Carey, but Matthews adds a dimension that UConn has not had in a while and would be a nice fall back. His highlight film was a little bit of Hamilton, but a better handle and smoother natural stroke, and seems to be better finisher in the paint. Hamilton really never fit in a true wing player. He may not have Hamilton's passing ability, but with Alterique and Akinjo and a little bit of Vital UConn doesn't need another distributor. Could be a classic 2-3 or 4 player depending on which line-up Ollie wants to use against a given opponent. Question for those who know better. How much does Matthews seem like Tyler Polley in the 2017 class?

Reaction Score
The amazing thing about redd is that he wasn't even a good shooter at Ohio st.

Which is why he ended up in round 2. Even his FT shooting wasn't good until he was a jr.

His transformation in the NBA is one of the biggest we've seen (I'd probably vote Jamison #1, Kaw. Leonard 2 and redd 3). All these guys were just totally different players in college than the pros.

If this kid can shoot like the pro redd, he's an amazing fit. And that size....even Rashad was only like 6-4 when he was hitting deep shots and winning a title.

Redd was under 32% for career 3pt % and under 65% FT's so you are correct. Won't expect the pro-Redd but a reasonable facsimile at some point would be sweet.

Reaction Score
Why is this kid not top 100? I havent seen any games, but his production and effeciency speak for themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom