Emmitt Matthews Jr Official Visit this weekend | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Emmitt Matthews Jr Official Visit this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
First crystal ball this morning. Expecting more over the next couple days - in line with what I am hearing on going all in on Matthews to get the commit this weekend.

Staff landing solid 3 & 4 stars, returning to winning ways, then we land the whales class of '19, '20
In Jalen Carey thread it was stated staff is still very active recruiting him. Does not appear to be a pull back. Are you still sure about your posted comment in that thread?

Reaction Score
Let's put it this way - staff has realized no one player is larger than the broader recruiting efforts we have in motion. We no longer subscribe to going all in on one dude. They are in contact with carey, but we have someone that wants to be 10 toes in coming this weekend. Carey more uncertain

Reaction Score
Winning can land us players like Jalen Adams and Daniel Hamilton.

These are whales. They were the type of impact players that Calhoun landed during the best of times. Hamilton didn't turn out so well. But winning ways this year means that Adams did.

The problem with UConn is all the losing from last year.
Hamilton was the best player on a conference tournament winning team and is now playing at least part time in the NBA at 22 years old. Idk if that's "not so well"

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Except when he is at the Garden for a Uconn game.
That was classic.

Almost as classic are @BigErnMcCracken's comments when chief proclaims something that makes one scratch one's head. Bigern almost always had panache. The new guys who don't like chief's comments are trying to intimidate him into silence. It won't work any better than Ern's sarcastic remarks but unlike Ern, they come off as boorish. People react to them with greater scorn than they have for chief. I'd go as far as saying their attempts are counterproductive.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
That was classic.

Almost as classic are @BigErnMcCracken's comments when chief proclaims something that makes one scratch one's head. Bigern almost always had panache. The new guys who don't like chief's comments are trying to intimidate him into silence. It won't work any better than Ern's sarcastic remarks but unlike Ern, they come off as boorish. People react to them with greater scorn than they have for chief. I'd go as far as saying their attempts are counterproductive.

That's on the people, not us.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
That's on the people, not us.
Don't believe the world works that way. We can be true to ourselves and get great satisfaction by what and how we say things but if we want to have the most effective change than how we approach an issue matters.

Personally I love being a crotchety anus hole as much as anyone and find it fun to just express whatever I'm feeling at the moment. So in that regards I understand what you and others are doing. Each of you will derive satisfaction with your comments and maybe about each other's (if group circle twerking is important). Don't see this with you. You're a maverick through and through.

So the statements I've made were not intended as judgement so much as observation.

Reaction Score
No worries - Chief has it covered. Looking forward to football Sunday and JC giving back his $400k salary to help the CT budget like Geno - LOL
I'm shocked Calhoun's current position hasn't been the main complaint for the "athletics people make too much money" crowd. Idk what his exact salary is but it's over $200k to hang out alone in an office a couple times a week.

C

Chief00

Let's put it this way - staff has realized no one player is larger than the broader recruiting efforts we have in motion. We no longer subscribe to going all in on one dude. They are in contact with carey, but we have someone that wants to be 10 toes in coming this weekend. Carey more uncertain
Agree, Blaze strategy is working. No one is bigger than the program!

C

Chief00

I'm shocked Calhoun's current position hasn't been the main complaint for the "athletics people make too much money" crowd. Idk what his exact salary is but it's over $200k to hang out alone in an office a couple times a week.
I am having fun, I think Jim deserves every last dime!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

It’s hard to assail the guy whose official title is “Guy Who May All of This Possible.”

Mike Honcho

HU5KIES!
Reaction Score

Presumably his main focus is fundraising. I imagine he brings in a lot more than $200k to the school.

Reaction Score
Your apparent hatred for chief is just as weird as the chief phenomenon itself
If you think it's "apparent", you must have failed reading comprehension miserably. Dude is a clown. But clowns were put on this earth to amuse us, and on that score Chief is the Chief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom