Emmitt Matthews Jr Commits to UConn | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Emmitt Matthews Jr Commits to UConn

Reaction Score
Thanks for the responses to the number of recruits/scholarships question, no surprise college athletics/recruiting can be "tricky":).

Now on to EM. In the highlight videos he moves well with/without the ball, has a quick pull-up and release a few feet beyond the 3-point line, good vision, is at least 6'7' and who doesn't hate guarding (or being pitched to by) a lefty.

Nothing but a big upside offensively, if he puts on some weight/muscle, rebounds and plays defense like his PT depends on it, could be someone who puts up 9-14 PPG, 4-6 RPG and after the game the losers scratch their heads and think 'I don't remember that guy hurting us like that'.

Reaction Score
Great get love the athleticism, could Edsall use him today in the secondary.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
People comparing Matthews to Rip. See him as a scorer like Rip but like his response that he is different and hopefully some day people will be comparing players to him.

We also get a glimpse of The scouting talent of Chillious who saw something in this kid well ahead of many people and fostered a relationship with him. Chillious knows how to find tuna and reel them in!

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Yeah, not the Song Thread, but this seems appropriate ...

Welcome, Emmitt Matthews! And with Matthews, Wilson, Williams and Polley, that's an awful lot of talent and desire at 6-7, 6-8, 6-9. I'm smiling.

C

Chief00

larrier won't be coming back so that's one and depending on Adams' season he won't be either so that's two... IMO Adams is gone after this season. plus you never know if a transfer will happen
Guarantee a transfer will happen

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Amazing ESPN currently doesn't even have a profile on Matthews and he's a Rivals top 150 player. How lazy are these guys?

It’s interns who run the ESPN recruiting stuff so they don’t follow it very close. Rivals and 247 are usually my go-to

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
It's weird to feel like the men have bad a better 4-5 months Than the women.

Especially with how things started out then.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
It's weird to feel like the men have bad a better 4-5 months Than the women.

Especially with how things started out then.

Yep, especially with their huuge decommit.

C

Chief00

Head bang before the season even starts you're going to get people speculating? :confused:

It’s the nature of the game and having a lot of similar guys at the same positions. It’s not necessarily a bad thing. The guys who don’t develop can find a more appropriate level of competition. Just to be clear, I am not speculating about any specific player.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Yep, especially with their huuge decommit.

One of the biggest choke jobs you’ll ever see and then yes the commit.

Granted it was a poor overly emotional decision to the hurricane, but it still hurts.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
It’s the nature of the game and having a lot of similar guys at the same positions. It’s not necessarily a bad thing. The guys who don’t develop can find a more appropriate level of competition. Just to be clear, I am not speculating about any specific player.
You are right Chief00 - you said a player will transfer
You didn't say when and I'll bet in the next 20 years someone will xfer................
Just bustin ya

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom