Emmitt Matthews Jr Commits to UConn | The Boneyard

Emmitt Matthews Jr Commits to UConn

Reaction Score
Does this hurt of chances with Lukas Kisunas? How many scholarships left?
I'd be surprised if we took more than 1 more commit. Presumably we'll have 2 more open spots from Larrier and Adams but I can't see them backing themselves in a corner in case something happens with one and they come back

StingLykOllie

How do I change my name...
Reaction Score
Staff looks like they're utilizing the "bird in the hand is better than two in the bush" motto this season. Secure commits from guys that want to play here. Last few seasons we've chased players that left us scrambling last minute to fill spots for the sake of filling spots.

Reaction Score
Another underrated guy. The question for both of them is "how much?".

Another guard and a stud big, and we've got a pretty good class.

Reaction Score
Staff looks like they're utilizing the "bird in the hand is better than two in the bush" motto this season. Secure commits from guys that want to play here. Last few seasons we've chased players that left us scrambling last minute to fill spots for the sake of filling spots.
Staff is focusing on big now. They know carey is a long shot and depending what happens in the spring, they will look for a guard then.

Reaction Score
Yeah like the pickup alot. Is he more of a big two guard or a small forward? I'm guessing this guy starts to move up the rankings this year too from what people have posted about him.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Basically, the pressure is really off the staff for 2018.

If they can snag the big kid, they're in great shape.

They can move on to 2019 and just be opportunistic when commitments start falling apart in spring.

Reaction Score
This has been a really strong comeback by the staff. You have to be feeling good right now. We just need year 1/2 type coaching from KO and we'll be back in our comfort zone. Say what you want about KO, he's been a great coach in previous seasons. The ability is there.

Reaction Score
Yeah like the pickup alot. Is he more of a big two guard or a small forward? I'm guessing this guy starts to move up the rankings this year too from what people have posted about him.
He's both but I think he will be a shooting guard at UConn.

Reaction Score
Just saw a video of him. The thing I really like is his length and wingspan. It really shows In the video. It will be great to have a 2 guard to be able to get off his shot easily because of 6'7" with nice wingspan. KO definitely is redeeming himself on the recruiting trail and not hoping he can get top 50 guys or nothing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom