Emmitt Matthews Jr Commits to UConn | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Emmitt Matthews Jr Commits to UConn

Reaction Score
30 years old. Has children, Chief. You don't need to be linking insta videos of his butt

Chief thinks the thing that is wrong is that he isn't sponging off the the team and staying in their rooms for free. Chief thinks that Bunky should replace the Husky dog and dance like a moron and that would be better(I am not making this up). It is weird for a grown man to have a crush on a guy like this.

C

Chief00

Raphael Chillious‏ @CoachChills Sep 20
Choosing to be #great means we must check our #ego at the door, allow ourselves to be uncomfortable, & be willing to #sacrifice for others!

What a great definition what they are looking for in a recruit. Total dedication.
There’s a lot to like in that quote and perhaps the most interesting for me to understand better is “allow ourselves to be uncomfortable”. I have some ideas about his thoughts behind that quote from other things Chill has said but of course I don’t know for sure what he was thinking as he wrote that.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chief00

Chief thinks the thing that is wrong is that he isn't sponging off the the team and staying in their rooms for free. Chief thinks that Bunky should replace the Husky dog and dance like a moron and that would be better(I am not making this up). It is weird for a grown man to have a crush on a guy like this.
A little celebration and fun is a good thing and if you knew Bunkey you would know he’s not a moron. He’s a good dude and loyal UConn guy. He did not sponge off anyone, people enjoyed Bunkey being Bunkey around them. So get off your high horse.

C

Chief00

Is this a schtick? You aren't exactly a glass half-full type of guy.

I am really intrigued by this kids height and length. I feel like Jay Bilas. He might be 6'8 or 6'9 by the time he gets here. Someone has already mentioned he grew to 6'9 even though the profiles don't reflect this, and the photo with Calhoun speaks for itself. Smooth game and doesn't look like a kid who grew up big and had to figure out the feel of the perimeter type game.

Love that too - part of the Blaze principles - James Calhoun back in the recruit CLOSING process.
Now he can go back to the beach, golf course and well deserved time with his family until the next recruit visits. He’s more than earned his money.
Not so fast though - the Brewster kid visits Monday. But, I don’t think it’s as far along - but when you are blazing hot - you never know?

Reaction Score
Screen Shot 2017-09-24 at 7.18.44 AM.png

Reaction Score
Really crazy to see how far we've come in the past 4-5 months when a lot of you guys thought that the sky was falling.

While I have noticed a change in "attitude" I'm afraid you aren't one of the posters who could rightfully use the phrase "you guys thought the sky was falling". You rode that bus in a seat by the driver for a while. I'm glad you are good with where we are now but you were "liking" that group of "KO needs to go" posters for a time.

No matter good to have you back Dave.

Reaction Score
Really crazy how some people feel the need to bring this up and muck up every thread.

Two 100-150 rated recruits.

I'm cautiously optimistic. Sure as hell beats losing out on recruits.

I think you need to add Sidney Wilson to that list as those who were down hard on the staff couldn't accept the fact they couldn't "close"anything. Seems they lost only to pressure and ultimately the closing resurfaced.

No matter no use talking about it we all wanted the same thing and wins are nice. What's even more important is the right type of kids and kids who want to be here. Seems to be moving in the right direction now and that's fun.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
While I have noticed a change in "attitude" I'm afraid you aren't one of the posters who could rightfully use the phrase "you guys thought the sky was falling". You rode that bus in a seat by the driver for a while. I'm glad you are good with where we are now but you were "liking" that group of "KO needs to go" posters for a time.

No matter good to have you back Dave.
@UCDaveD was being sarcastic and hitting on himself. But it's difficult to get that because he didn't put an emoji after his statement.

I'm hoping this good news carries into the season and the division in The Boneyard becomes a distant memory.

I'm hoping Mrs. Dribbles makes a quick and complete recovery and she could enjoy a positive season and the beautiful soul we knew as @Dogbreath2U will be enjoying it from his special place as well.

Reaction Score
@UCDaveD was being sarcastic and hitting on himself. But it's difficult to get that because he didn't put an emoji after his statement.

I'm hoping this good news carries into the season and the division in The Boneyard becomes a distant memory.

I'm hoping Mrs. Dribbles makes a quick and complete recovery and she could enjoy a positive season and the beautiful soul we knew as @Dogbreath2U will be enjoying it from his special place as well.

Are you sure? If so kudos to him I love that he posted that. Emoji would have made me laugh if so instead of course being mau, I felt he needed a reminder.

And in reality none of this compares to what Mrs Dribbles is confronted with you are right. And in the prayers sent to her to get better we do know the Boneyard is all on the same page on that.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Are you sure? If so kudos to him I love that he posted that. Emoji would have made me laugh if so instead of course being mau, I felt he needed a reminder.

And in reality none of this compares to what Mrs Dribbles is confronted with you are right. And in the prayers sent to her to get better we do know the Boneyard is all on the same page on that.

I hear you on Mrs. Dribbles - my prayers go out to her for a speedy recovery so she can witness the next run for the NC!!!
As far as the doubters and naysayers = we know who they are but everyone has a voice and opinion on a forum like this - until comrade Fishy threatens to shut them off!
I personally knew the program was and is going to turn things around - just a bump in the road
Too much tradition and with the 4NC mojo - it wasn't just going to go away

Sorry to "muck up the site" with some positivity.

Last edited:

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
if he improves his handle I could see him playing the two as well as the three. Excited to get this kid

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
If he's half as good as Emmitt Matthews Sr. was, here we go.

Reaction Score
Averaged 24 and 10 for his school last season. Anyone know what competition is like out there?

I live about 7 miles north of Tacoma, his league is pretty good. Usually a few D1 kids produced every year. Theres a problem with Tacoma kids moving north to Seattles metro league, which may be one of the best public school leagues in the nation. I'll be attending as many Wilson games as possible this season while decked out in Uconn gear. I'll keep the yard updated

Reaction Score
Looks like the grid is filled and we now need departures for next year. It is weird how folks sense the pressure when the spots start becoming limited. I'm sure Akinjo felt some pressure to clear the field for the guards and it looks like Matthews knows it was time to s or get off the pot. Here is the latest version I could find.

View attachment 24995

If we (or any school) are maxed out on available scholarships (as we appear to be for next season) how does the recruiting process continue in a meaningful fashion?

What if Carey (or anyone else) commits, all our commits for next season sigh a NLOI and all current scholarship players (except those whose eligibility is up) return?

Not trying to start a controversy just looking for some info.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
If we (or any school) are maxed out on available scholarships (as we appear to be for next season) how does the recruiting process continue in a meaningful fashion?

What if Carey (or anyone else) commits, all our commits for next season sigh a NLOI and all current scholarship players (except those whose eligibility is up) return?

larrier won't be coming back so that's one and depending on Adams' season he won't be either so that's two... IMO Adams is gone after this season. plus you never know if a transfer will happen

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
For thse who have never seen it. Boom goes the dynamite. Welcome aboard Emmitt.

He's a natural. I expect to see him broadcasting at the national level in a few years.

Reaction Score

I was chided for trying to bring it up. Perhaps it warrants a new thread and we should save this for Matthews-specific excitement, but it is worth noting. We all anticipate the departures to be a result of the draft, but the projections I've seen don't include any Uconn players in the draft. My biggest concern is that we don't have a player taller than 6'9" this year and with next year full at the moment that looks like that will be a multi year trend.

I really hope this kid kills it for us. It's been a long time since we've had multiple years filling all the scholarship spots and I hope it creates the type of competition that pushes everyone.

Reaction Score

Teams always recruit more than their scholarship limit, you have to with all the early entries and transfers. No matter what we are adding a big.

Reaction Score
Teams always recruit more than their scholarship limit, you have to with all the early entries and transfers. No matter what we are adding a big.

Agreed. In this era of roster fluidity you basically have to over-recruit.

In addition hasn't Larrier indicated this is his last year no matter what?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom