Delany in desperate need of New York help | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Delany in desperate need of New York help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Rutgers' home market is the NYC market. There is no NJ market, Einstein. The NYC market covers North Jersey while the Philly market covers South Jersey.

And hilarious how you rip someone for grammar, then incorrectly say "They could care less..." when the correct term is "couldn't care less."

I see you must be a second rate UCONN fan based on your intellect, right?

I agree with you - Rutgers and NJ have no TV market.

Reaction Score
I only formally went to the 9th grade and went into the Corps during the VN War(conflict) and stayed in for 8 years,got my GED and scored 1410 on my SAT before going to CC and receiving my associates degree at 31!Does that answer your question?Never spent a second at RU...just a matter of state pride with me!

Just a 9th grade education? YOU'RE the typical Rutgers student. No shame in being below average. That describes NJ and its residents.

Reaction Score
At some point you might want to reflect on why you haven't yet received a single Like.

So your self-esteem is so low that you need to come here to pander to other posters to get "likes"?

pj

Reaction Score
So your self-esteem is so low that you need to come here to pander to other posters to get "likes"?

I don't pander for likes. I just come here, express my opinions, make a few jokes once in a while, and get in friendly arguments discussions when I think someone has said something that may be incorrect. Likes come on their own when you behave courteously and every once in a while contribute something useful.

Whereas someone so antisocial that he thinks that simple human courtesy is "pandering" is headed for hard times in life. I encourage you to reflect on whether your attitude needs changing. A little humility and self-examination would do you good.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Rutgers' fans have such a deep-seated anger. Look at Buggsy...so angry, so bitter.

More proof that abject failure is corrosive for the soul.

It's Labor Day weekend! Chillax!

Head out on the deck, crack open a beer and let your mind drift back to Rutgers' glory days....then crack open a dozen more beers and hope to forget that they've never had any.

Hugs.

Reaction Score
Rutgers' fans have such a deep-seated anger. Look at Buggsy...so angry, so bitter.

More proof that abject failure is corrosive for the soul.

It's Labor Day weekend! Chillax!

Head out on the deck, crack open a beer and let your mind drift back to Rutgers' glory days....then crack open a dozen more beers and hope to forget that they've never had any.

Hugs.

Hysterical, after a post like that (and every other post you make about Rutgers) that you talk about me being ANGRY.

Fishy, if you weren't so angry, you wouldn't spend so much time bashing the school.

The irony of you calling me bitter, after all your posts bashing Rutgers because we were chosen by the Big Ten and you weren't. Priceless.

Now I'll go crack open a dozen beers, because we are going to be in the Big Ten next year. Our glory days begin next year, while your school will be wallowing in a pool of .

Reaction Score
Hysterical, after a post like that (and every other post you make about Rutgers) that you talk about me being ANGRY.

Fishy, if you weren't so angry, you wouldn't spend so much time bashing the school.

The irony of you calling me bitter, after all your posts bashing Rutgers because we were chosen by the Big Ten and you weren't. Priceless.

Now I'll go crack open a dozen beers, because we are going to be in the Big Ten next year. Our glory days begin next year, while your school will be wallowing in a pool of .
No, you'll be cracking open a beer (or 10) so that you'll be able to tolerate sleeping with your overweight, self-tanned wife.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
More anger. I don't begrudge Rutgers' Big Ten invite, I just enjoy poking the bear. (Or, in this case, the kitten.)

Anywho, we are gonna hug this out. I'm a healer, bugs.

Let's reminisce together - it's obviously a bit of role play since I'm not a Rutgers' fan, but I'm a born nurturer so it shouldn't be a problem. You give me that big Rutgers' win, the one you guys talk about when you all get together and then we'll just both sit here in fond reflection of that big day. You'll feel better.

Now...when was it?

Reaction Score
Let's reminisce together - it's obviously a bit of role play since I'm not a Rutgers' fan, but I'm a born nurturer so it shouldn't be a problem. You give me that big Rutgers' win, the one you guys talk about when you all get together and then we'll just both sit here in fond reflection of that big day. You'll feel better.

Now...when was it?

Ok buggsy don't avoid the question. Answer fishy's query seriously. I can't wait to hear this

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I only formally went to the 9th grade and went into the Corps during the VN War(conflict) and stayed in for 8 years,got my GED and scored 1410 on my SAT before going to CC and receiving my associates degree at 31!Does that answer your question?Never spent a second at RU...just a matter of state pride with me!

You're all right, Nicky.

Completely out of your mind in a lot of ways, but perfectly all right in the ways that matter.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I think the whole NYC market is overstated when it comes to Rutgers. They didn't get into the B1G because of the NYC market. They got into the B1G because a crapload of people live in New Jersey... that's it.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I think the whole NYC market is overstated when it comes to Rutgers. They didn't get into the B1G because of the NYC market. They got into the B1G because a crapload of people live in New Jersey... that's it.

Tv sets and recruiting grounds got RU and MD into the B1G. NYC tv sets were factored into the equation, just as they will be for us, if...

Reaction Score
Ok buggsy don't avoid the question. Answer fishy's query seriously. I can't wait to hear this

Not avoiding the question.

Are you talking about our big win against 3rd ranked Louisville in 2006, or 2nd ranked South Florida in 2007?

Maybe it was our win over 19th ranked and highly favorite Tennessee in 1979, when we pulled off the 13-7 shocker. That was a big one.

Or maybe it was in 1988 when we beat 17th ranked Michigan State on the road. That was a big one.

No. I'll go with our upset win over 15th ranked and previously unbeaten Penn State that same year. My freshman year. 21-16 over Joe Paterno, the pedophile enabler.

That was the biggest game I can think of. That's the one my friends and I talk about, since we were 28 point underdogs, and it happened

See, not dodging anything. You wanted it, you got it.

What's your biggest win, since you were so curious?

Reaction Score
Yawn - those are pretty lame.

We talk about Our 1999 win over Duke to win the National Championship in basketball. Then we talk about our Final Four win in 2004 over Duke that was basically the championship game (we rolled Ga Tech in the final). We talk about an amazing 11 game run in 2011 to win the Big East Tourney with 5 wins in 5 days follwed by a great 6 game run to win the whole she bang. Not to mention MANY big Postseason Big East Tourney classics....too many to go thru here.

Football? I guess it's the win over USF to send us to the BCS game in only our 10th year of 1-A (at the time) football. Granted no one really but Uconn fans really remembers that win but then again no one outside of Rutgers fans remember ANY of the regular season games you brought up. Basically you don't have any all time great classic wins (feel free to include hoops in your next post) Thanks for humoring us here.

Reaction Score
You're still missing the point.

The B1G doesn't care how many fans Rutgers delivers to the conference (which, for all intents and purposes, is zero). The B1G cares that Rutgers delivers the conference to the NYC market.

Every OSU, Michigan, Penn St. and Michigan St. game will be broadcasted in the tristate area starting next season. The B1G is essentially just using Rutgers as a medium to market it's big names.

Correct. And the Big Ten has basically said this. Secondarily there may be some Federally Granted Research that Rutgers is doing that some of the Big Ten schools want to collaborate with. Rutgers is AAU.

Rutgers has not been relevant in college athletics in at least half a century. The Big Ten isn't stupid. They know this. All you have to do is listen to Mike Francessa, and it is obvious that there is zero buzz about Rutgers in the New York City market. He takes callers every weekday on the Radio about the NYC sports scene, and he doesn't get enough about Rutgers to get a blip.

Geographically Rutgers gets the Big Ten into that geographic area, and the Big Ten is hoping to leverage that geographic access to get their network on television to watch their traditional powers. They have no other expectation from Rutgers athletics. Rutgers fans may think differently. The Big Ten does not.

UConn would at least add to Big Ten Basketball, but the AAU thing is apparently very important to the Big Ten.

We've debated this for a couple of months now. With these numbers from TV viewers, and they will continue, you can see with the documented evidence. What will be interesting is how Michigan and Ohio State numbers are affected going forward.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
lol.

"...previously unbeaten Penn State."

Holy mother of mercy...a century playing football and the top of their mountain is that magical day when they managed to beat a 2-0 Penn State team. (Of course, five other teams managed to beat PSU that year....turns out they, like Rutgers, finished 5-6.)

That is freaking adorable.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Not avoiding the question.

Are you talking about our big win against 3rd ranked Louisville in 2006, or 2nd ranked South Florida in 2007?

Maybe it was our win over 19th ranked and highly favorite Tennessee in 1979, when we pulled off the 13-7 shocker. That was a big one.

Or maybe it was in 1988 when we beat 17th ranked Michigan State on the road. That was a big one.

No. I'll go with our upset win over 15th ranked and previously unbeaten Penn State that same year. My freshman year. 21-16 over Joe Paterno, the pedophile enabler.

That was the biggest game I can think of. That's the one my friends and I talk about, since we were 28 point underdogs, and it happened

See, not dodging anything. You wanted it, you got it.

What's your biggest win, since you were so curious?

Regular season games where you pull the upset? Big whoop. And about once a decade. If you don't know how underwhelming that is, I guess you really are a Rutgers fan.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
lol.

Holy mother of mercy...a century playing football and the top of their mountain is that magical day when they managed to beat a 2-0 Penn State team. (Of course, five other teams managed to beat PSU that year....turns out they, like Rutgers, finished 5-6.)

That is freaking adorable.
I did not know that, it's worse than BC's big Cotton bowl victory over a 7-6 Houston team.

Reaction Score
lol.

image.jpg

Reaction Score
Just a 9th grade education? YOU'RE the typical Rutgers student. No shame in being below average. That describes NJ and its residents.
The only thing real about you is the dog in your handle and yes here your a road Dog!With every post we get a bigger peek behind your curtain!

Reaction Score
You're all right, Nicky.

Completely out of your mind in a lot of ways, but perfectly all right in the ways that matter.
Coming from you Fishy I'll take that as a compliment!Aren't we all a little "out of our minds"?

Reaction Score
I did not know that, it's worse than BC's big Cotton bowl victory over a 7-6 Houston team.
LOL .......At least get your facts correct when your attempting to zing B.C. - Boston College 8-2 vs Houston 7-3 in the 1985 Cotton Bowl Classic - B.C. 45 Houston 28- Final Records; B.C. 9-2 Houston 7-4. Also for the record Houston represented the South Western Conference that year, which consisted of teams such as Texas, Texas A.M., Arkansas etc...so in short Houston was a very good quality opponent from a great conference. Your comparison holds no water, but I think you know that.
`

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
LOL .......At least get your facts correct when your attempting to zing B.C. - Boston College 8-2 vs Houston 7-3 in the 1985 Cotton Bowl Classic - B.C. 45 Houston 28- Final Records; B.C. 9-2 Houston 7-4. Also for the record Houston represented the South Western Conference that year, which consisted of teams such as Texas, Texas A.M., Arkansas etc...so in short Houston was a very good quality opponent from a great conference. Your comparison holds no water, but I think you know that.
`

How many SWC football teams were on probation that season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom