Delany in desperate need of New York help | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Delany in desperate need of New York help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ah, woomba. I know you're a Michigan fan. I might write the same thing in your shoes. But, "Too much noise!!!" Come on, that's ridiculous.

As for this other fellow, I'm not going to get into a discussion equating on the field performance and child molestation and cover-ups. The B1G already had to defend against evidence of one referee with sordid Las Vegas connections ala Donaghy, I don't think that's going on, I just think Mr. Witvoet watches the Wolverines for pleasure on his off days.
Upstater,I think Gfunk was a "little" over the top in reading/responding to a simple fans opinion last night and projecting his personal feelings on the PSU admininstration on you?He would do better sending his message to the NYT's or a PSU board.I woke up and was shocked at how much time and effort went into a simple opinion/comment!

Reaction Score
Correct. And the Big Ten has basically said this. Secondarily there may be some Federally Granted Research that Rutgers is doing that some of the Big Ten schools want to collaborate with. Rutgers is AAU.

Rutgers has not been relevant in college athletics in at least half a century. The Big Ten isn't stupid. They know this. All you have to do is listen to Mike Francessa, and it is obvious that there is zero buzz about Rutgers in the New York City market. He takes callers every weekday on the Radio about the NYC sports scene, and he doesn't get enough about Rutgers to get a blip.

Geographically Rutgers gets the Big Ten into that geographic area, and the Big Ten is hoping to leverage that geographic access to get their network on television to watch their traditional powers. They have no other expectation from Rutgers athletics. Rutgers fans may think differently. The Big Ten does not.

UConn would at least add to Big Ten Basketball, but the AAU thing is apparently very important to the Big Ten.

We've debated this for a couple of months now. With these numbers from TV viewers, and they will continue, you can see with the documented evidence. What will be interesting is how Michigan and Ohio State numbers are affected going forward.
No the B1G is not stupid...thats why they grabbed RU!Now the ACC?

Reaction Score
Correct. And the Big Ten has basically said this. Secondarily there may be some Federally Granted Research that Rutgers is doing that some of the Big Ten schools want to collaborate with. Rutgers is AAU.

Rutgers has not been relevant in college athletics in at least half a century. The Big Ten isn't stupid. They know this. All you have to do is listen to Mike Francessa, and it is obvious that there is zero buzz about Rutgers in the New York City market. He takes callers every weekday on the Radio about the NYC sports scene, and he doesn't get enough about Rutgers to get a blip.

Geographically Rutgers gets the Big Ten into that geographic area, and the Big Ten is hoping to leverage that geographic access to get their network on television to watch their traditional powers. They have no other expectation from Rutgers athletics. Rutgers fans may think differently. The Big Ten does not.

UConn would at least add to Big Ten Basketball, but the AAU thing is apparently very important to the Big Ten.

We've debated this for a couple of months now. With these numbers from TV viewers, and they will continue, you can see with the documented evidence. What will be interesting is how Michigan and Ohio State numbers are affected going forward.
Unreal?Everywhere I find an RU bias your at the center of it??Makes one wonder where you find the time and/or energy to be a member of so many boards to "beat the same drum" unless you have an agenda or "deeper problem"?Some of my friends here may be fooled for now but how long can you post such garbage before people will see through your dark,dusty,dingy curtain Mr Scrooge?Get out in the real world and find a healthy hobby (past time) before the pizza and wing's blow you up so big you'll never get out of the chair!....I'd like to see at least once something rational come up under your cavalier avatar Stimpycuse!Man,something about RU really pushes your buttons?Get it out because your obsession is "fanlike"!?!btw,hilarious you would think the B1G should "listen to Mike Francesca for advice" on RU's status/value to the B1G/BTN lol!Thank's at least your consistent in your obvious lack of knowledge in all thing's NY/NJ!

Reaction Score
Ah, woomba. I know you're a Michigan fan. I might write the same thing in your shoes. But, "Too much noise!!!" Come on, that's ridiculous.

As for this other fellow, I'm not going to get into a discussion equating on the field performance and child molestation and cover-ups. The B1G already had to defend against evidence of one referee with sordid Las Vegas connections ala Donaghy, I don't think that's going on, I just think Mr. Witvoet watches the Wolverines for pleasure on his off days.

Bad officiating is bad officiating so I'm not going to defend that because it has bitten pretty much all the teams. What I don't agree with is the idea that PSU is being singled out by the conference.

I do think that the situation is much better nowadays since instant replay was added (which was added in the Big Ten first, btw) but it's certainly not a panacea for all officiating issues.

Reaction Score
Bad officiating is bad officiating so I'm not going to defend that because it has bitten pretty much all the teams. What I don't agree with is the idea that PSU is being singled out by the conference.

I do think that the situation is much better nowadays since instant replay was added (which was added in the Big Ten first, btw) but it's certainly not a panacea for all officiating issues.

The "too much noise" thing has been commented on by many fans after the game was shown on ESPNU in recent years. People who have nothing to do with PSU. You'll find reference to it on many boards on the internet. How is that bad officiating? When a flag is thrown for unsportsmanlike conduct of fans making noise? Bad officiating? Does that really describe such a call?

Reaction Score
The "too much noise" thing has been commented on by many fans after the game was shown on ESPNU in recent years. People who have nothing to do with PSU. You'll find reference to it on many boards on the internet. How is that bad officiating? When a flag is thrown for unsportsmanlike conduct of fans making noise? Bad officiating? Does that really describe such a call?

It's a loosely enforced rule - you can find a handful of games in where it's being enforced across the league (and in the NFL) if you look around. There's usually a warning before a penalty is enforced - not sure about the specific case you're talking about though.

Reaction Score
It's a loosely enforced rule - you can find a handful of games in where it's being enforced across the league (and in the NFL) if you look around. There's usually a warning before a penalty is enforced - not sure about the specific case you're talking about though.

Never saw it before in decades of watching football. Not once. I guess I'll take your word for it. Happened in PSU's first B10 game against Michigan. Never saw it other than that. What I do see is fans constantly making so much noise that QBs are always having trouble barking the calls. If this penalty is so rarely called and the opportunities for calling it are always there (I imagine the fans are deafeningly loud at a great many games) then that is enough to take it well beyond a "missed call."

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
My biggest complaint about B1G officiating is their complete inability to identify and call holding penalties.

Reaction Score
Did you really just post a thousand-word attack on Penn State to a bunch of UConn fans?

I know we've hit some hard times in terms of our affiliations, but we haven't fallen so far that we've sought work in Penn State's secretarial pool - we're not taking messages for them. If you need to contact Penn State fans, I would suggest you find their board and address them directly.

We have our pride.

Unfortunately, I did. I'm beyond tired PSU Internet fans, they cannot accept certain things with what happened & the officiating complaints have worn out after years of whining - anyways. As long as my post was, not hard to do with PSU fans. You can almost cut and paste typical counterarguments non-PSU fans toss back at PSU craziness - they rarely come back answered.

I did not know this Upstate guy was a PSU football fan. He made a bunch of stereotypes that have come to typify too many PSU fans over the years. I got over what happened to PSU, I hope he can. But I have no reason to support PSU football at this point.

Reaction Score
The context of my post was easy to understand. Nicky was wondering about the B1gG and its reception of new teams. I responded that it all depends on whether you enjoy being treated like a redheaded stepchild or not. Pretty simple stuff.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I can agree, those Big Ten refs are true pros. Way back when, we took a road trip to see UConn play hoop at Ohio State. Throughout the first 30 minutes, OSU was in control. All of a sudden Al Frederick became unstoppable and the Huskies got within 3 or so points. The refs decided that enough was enough and in 3 successive trips down the floor he was hit with 2 offensive fouls and a phantom travelling call. Order was restored and the Buckeyes were back in front by 8 and went on to win.

Reaction Score
Upstater,I think Gfunk was a "little" over the top in reading/responding to a simple fans opinion last night and projecting his personal feelings on the PSU admininstration on you?He would do better sending his message to the NYT's or a PSU board.I woke up and was shocked at how much time and effort went into a simple opinion/comment!

I don't necessarily agree here. If you watched his opinions throughout this thread before I even stepped in, he made plenty of blanket, baseless statements, esp towards so-called Midwesterners. He has clearly admitted he's a PSU football fan, & evidently UConn for hoops. I've had similar affiliations in the past: was a PSU football fan for many years and remain a Mich St hoops fan, while I root for Mn most other sports.

Most non-PSU football fans fall flat going on their boards - it's a worthless cause. I'd rather just sit back and watch them go at it with Pitt fans. PSU fans aren't very kind to Rutger's fans, at least that's my opinion. Enough said at this point, you can breath a sigh of relief.

Reaction Score
The fact that there is ongoing battle in this thread amongst BiG Ten'ers tells me its just a matter of time before we are brought in by acclamation!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, I did. I'm beyond tired PSU Internet fans, they cannot accept certain things with what happened & the officiating complaints have worn out after years of whining - anyways. As long as my post was, not hard to do with PSU fans. You can almost cut and paste typical counterarguments non-PSU fans toss back at PSU craziness - they rarely come back answered.

I did not know this Upstate guy was a PSU football fan. He made a bunch of stereotypes that have come to typify too many PSU fans over the years. I got over what happened to PSU, I hope he can. But I have no reason to support PSU football at this point.

There is no question that they are all terrible people - Upstater is, in fact, a terrible person. I find Penn State fans to be a lot like Louisville fans, but with less of a tendency to stare in wide wonder at any building over three stories tall. (Neither of them smell good, but for different reasons.)

But, I just don't know if we have a sufficient density of Penn State fans here to justify your efforts. Even the good host, however, I am more than willing to head to the bus stations, brothels and AA meetings to round some up for you.

I'll let you know when I have them assembled.

Reaction Score
I don't necessarily agree here. If you watched his opinions throughout this thread before I even stepped in, he made plenty of blanket, baseless statements, esp towards so-called Midwesterners. He has clearly admitted he's a PSU football fan, & evidently UConn for hoops. I've had similar affiliations in the past: was a PSU football fan for many years and remain a Mich St hoops fan, while I root for Mn most other sports.

Most non-PSU football fans fall flat going on their boards - it's a worthless cause. I'd rather just sit back and watch them go at it with Pitt fans. PSU fans aren't very kind to Rutger's fans, at least that's my opinion. Enough said at this point, you can breath a sigh of relief.
Hey Gfunk,I think I can understand where your coming from and as an RU fan guest on the BY I find myself getting into heated rants over the depths some will go to to make or justify there position by projecting all there frustrations on RU but what infuriates me is there almost always SU,VA,BC or jealous ACC schools fans whose stupidity(or ignorance) never ceases to amaze me?In the rare times it is an obvious UConn fan I try to hold my tongue(as we are guests) as I realize their obviously and justifiably upset at the CR turn of events and I support their quest for justice!!Not many schools have come so far so fast and I admire UConn.I think upstater's opinion(right or wrong) are the opinion of many?At least I've heard similar stories on other boards and don't think he deserves to be "crucified" for his view?I find posters who are intentionally cruel,persistent and add nothing but ignorance to this board(a Cavalier "so he claims" Va fan+Road Dog) and I try to ignore them but upstater doesn't fall into that category IMO and believe no malice was intended!?!Lets not waste our energy on negativity/hateing here cause it cheapens us all!You seem like a standup guy whose buttons were pushed unintentionally?Thanks for listening...I hope I made sense?LOL..

Reaction Score

Yes PSU fans are legendary for their arrogance but until we earn there respect..it is what it is...OSU and UM fans have been telling RU fans on rivals that they hope RU passes them(PSU) in popularity!I know...lots of luck trying that trick!I'll settle for a win one out of every three games right now but we shall see what the future holds?This is not our fathers PSU !!

Reaction Score

I find Iowa,Minnesota and Wisconsin fans friendly and rational in my encounters with them!Believe it or not Arkansas fans are some of the nicest folks Ive encountered!Usually I associate the SEC with arrogance but only the ACC fans(not all) seem to have a "complex" about their place in the CFB order of things?One fan BCINGYA is a particularly decent sort and he's a BC fan but confident enough in his team not to denigrate others and I like him!When I talk garbage to BC trolls I always worry if he'll take it personally because I only really respond negatively to negative/ignorant posters who denigrate my rooting interest maliciously!I really hate attacking whole programs over ridiculous posters but i'm only a fan after all in the end?

Reaction Score
There is no question that they are all terrible people - Upstater is, in fact, a terrible person. I find Penn State fans to be a lot like Louisville fans, but with less of a tendency to stare in wide wonder at any building over three stories tall. (Neither of them smell good, but for different reasons.)

But, I just don't know if we have a sufficient density of Penn State fans here to justify your efforts. Even the good host, however, I am more than willing to head to the bus stations, brothels and AA meetings to round some up for you.

I'll let you know when I have them assembled.

Heh, heh. It's like red meat to a starving dog. I am a PSU fan. I don't like B1G referees. My address is XXX. I await your 500+ page screed in the mail, but word of advice: USPS has a flat rate envelope for manuscripts. Thanks in advance.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Hey Gfunk,I think I can understand where your coming from and as an RU fan guest on the BY I find myself getting into heated rants over the depths some will go to to make or justify there position by projecting all there frustrations on RU but what infuriates me is there almost always SU,VA,BC or jealous ACC schools fans whose stupidity(or ignorance) never ceases to amaze me?

This reminds me of an Onion commentary I read yesterday that applies to a number of arguments here. I am also sometimes guilty of the practice.

For your reading enjoyment :p :
http://www.theonion.com/articles/true-courage-is-knowing-youre-wrong-but-refusing-t,33742/

Reaction Score
This reminds me of an Onion commentary I read yesterday that applies to a number of arguments here. I am also sometimes guilty of the practice.

For your reading enjoyment :p :
http://www.theonion.com/articles/true-courage-is-knowing-youre-wrong-but-refusing-t,33742/
Yes,very interesting and true.It seem's the older we get the more steadfast we are in what we believe!I find it funnier because most of the people I thought of here whom it relates to are relatively young?Thanks for the link!

Reaction Score
Yes PSU fans are legendary for their arrogance but until we earn there respect..it is what it is...OSU and UM fans have been telling RU fans on rivals that they hope RU passes them(PSU) in popularity!I know...lots of luck trying that trick!I'll settle for a win one out of every three games right now but we shall see what the future holds?This is not our fathers PSU !!

It may just the circle of people I used to work with in the Midwest (OH, MI, IN & IL); but, most of the folks I talked sports with would rate U M as the second or first when it comes to football arrogance well ahead of Penn State. ND being the other half of that 1/2 ranking, which is no surprise. This was even true within Michigan itself; but, I believe that viewpoint is driven more by Ann Arbor’s overall eliteness as it is a b!tch of a school to get into if one if a high school student from Michigan.

Reaction Score
It may just the circle of people I used to work with in the Midwest (OH, MI, IN & IL); but, most of the folks I talked sports with would rate U M as the second or first when it comes to football arrogance well ahead of Penn State. ND being the other half of that 1/2 ranking, which is no surprise. This was even true within Michigan itself; but, I believe that viewpoint is driven more by Ann Arbor’s overall eliteness as it is a b!tch of a school to get into if one if a high school student from Michigan.

For most in state kids, even if you get into Michigan, where you going to find the $30k you need to go there?

Reaction Score
Isn't tuition only $13K or $14K for in-staters?

I was just adding in the $12k room & board. I imagine the total is more like $20k-21k for both, depending on the school.

Reaction Score
Hey Nicky, if you're watching the Cincy - Illinois game, you just saw some ridiculous homecooking served up by the B1G officials.

Cincy scores a TD, ruled a TD on the field, replays show the runner crossing the goalline with the ball crossing, and the B1G replay official overturns it. Illinois gets the ball back (it was a 4th down) and you have 14 point swing in a tight ballgame.

That's highway robbery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr