Delany in desperate need of New York help | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Delany in desperate need of New York help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
OK PJ,if he was a UConn fan I would have understood but I get the feeling with his arrogant anti-RU stance he has an agenda but I'll let it go!Your a good man PJ!Maybe its his association with the 2 years on the SU board they rubbed off on him?He admitted it after I seen his posts there but hopefully hes just a "friendly poster"!?!
You know PJ at first I was happy with the B1G invite but knowing they(ACC) took L'ville over you guys its kinda tasted sour in my mouth!I think RU/UConn/SU should be playing each other every year as they were my favorite games!I won't say anything negative about the B1G but I'm bitter with the ACC!

Reaction Score
You know PJ at first I was happy with the B1G invite but knowing they(ACC) took L'ville over you guys its kinda tasted sour in my mouth!I think RU/UConn/SU should be playing each other every year as they were my favorite games!I won't say anything negative about the B1G but I'm bitter with the ACC!

Prediction from a PSU football fan: you will hate the B1G!!

Reaction Score
Prediction from a PSU football fan: you will hate the B1G!!
Thats what the guys from OSU say to RU fans on there boards and RU rivals board but for some reason they seem to like and accept RU to the B1G,who knows what else would they say?I hear the newcomers(including PSU) get the shaft from the officials against the "old guard" BiG schools!Is that what your alluding too?Unfair treatment or subtle non acceptance?Do you hate it?I really think we should have formed an All Eastern league for all sports when we had the chance upstater!Also OSU seem's to want to chip away at PSU?Bad blood between you and OSU?

Reaction Score
Only because he likes him.
taOthers include Joe Torre and Bill Parcells.

Ultimately Francessa has control over what direction the show takes. If the caller on line 1 wants to talk about the Rangers and the Caller on Line 2 wants to talk about Yankees Preseason in Tampa, he'll push the button for line 2. Without Mad Dog though I can hardly listen to the FAN, Unless it's Friday during football season. I enjoy his NFL show, but Francessa on his own is so boring, he put himself to sleep.

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...rancesca-falls-asleep/70000229/1#.UieHBILD-70

Funny link. Wonder if he was up late partying the night before? He has to keep his ratings up to keep his timeslot. He also has to hit a wide range on ages and demographic makeup. Otherwise, he won't be on the air for long. I don't know if the other shows talk more college football or not. He's the one in the mid afternoon timeslot. Boomer Esiason is on in the morning. Don't know if he talks about college sports or not. I haven't listened.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Boomer and Carton is a little more well rounded show, IMO, but they are also pro-centric. The FAN is not a college sports radio show because New York City is not college-centric. College sports are barely on the periphery. Besides the Manti Teo "scandal" and doing cursory review of upcoming games on Fridays (and maybe some picks of really obvious games), I don't remember anyone on the FAN addressing college football.

Reaction Score
Thats what the guys from OSU say to RU fans on there boards and RU rivals board but for some reason they seem to like and accept RU to the B1G,who knows what else would they say?I hear the newcomers(including PSU) get the shaft from the officials against the "old guard" BiG schools!Is that what your alluding too?Unfair treatment or subtle non acceptance?Do you hate it?I really think we should have formed an All Eastern league for all sports when we had the chance upstater!Also OSU seem's to want to chip away at PSU?Bad blood between you and OSU?

First season against Michigan in 1993. Michigan was behind 10-0. Michigan is driving in the PSU red zone and on 3rd down, the refs call a penalty on the PSU crowd for "too much noise." Michigan won that game by a touchdown. I'm not going to blame it on the penalty since I believe it was the first half, but... "too much noise." The reffing has just gone straight downhill from there. It's only gotten worse, and it always goes against PSU... when they play Michigan and Ohio St., but especially Michigan. The B1G thinks it's reciprocating for PSU when year in and year out PSU gets a lot of bogus calls against Purdue. But that's the pecking order. Michigan gets the calls year after year. I remember a few years ago when Larry Johnson Sr. was right by the sideline and his son made a catch and got 3 feet down (college rule is 1 foot for a catch) at a crucial moment in the 4th qtr. of a Michigan game. Johnson Sr. didn't even argue the call, he just looked at the ref with this unbelievable smile that said, "You're not even hiding it anymore."

Reaction Score
First season against Michigan in 1993. Michigan was behind 10-0. Michigan is driving in the PSU red zone and on 3rd down, the refs call a penalty on the PSU crowd for "too much noise." Michigan won that game by a touchdown. I'm not going to blame it on the penalty since I believe it was the first half, but... "too much noise." The reffing has just gone straight downhill from there. It's only gotten worse, and it always goes against PSU... when they play Michigan and Ohio St., but especially Michigan. The B1G thinks it's reciprocating for PSU when year in and year out PSU gets a lot of bogus calls against Purdue. But that's the pecking order. Michigan gets the calls year after year. I remember a few years ago when Larry Johnson Sr. was right by the sideline and his son made a catch and got 3 feet down (college rule is 1 foot for a catch) at a crucial moment in the 4th qtr. of a Michigan game. Johnson Sr. didn't even argue the call, he just looked at the ref with this unbelievable smile that said, "You're not even hiding it anymore."
I've heard this stuff before and was hoping it was an exaggeration?That kind of overt "homing" will be more obvious now that RU and MD are in the B1G alongw/PSU with more of the heavily populated Delmarva-MidAtlantic-NYC corrider and their media putting more of a spotlight on B1G games!NYC is a flashpoint for the talking heads to spin there tales!I've a hunch it won't stop the arrogance until contraversy wash's out the midwest bias!?!No wonder Jopa had been calling for a more eastern flavor/add before he passed!!

Reaction Score

I just have one simple counterargument against PSU fans who claim the BIG was out to get that them from day one, btw "the BIG" highly suggests everyone else in the conference is against them and somehow subservient to OSU and Mi, which is in fact a gigantic myth since ALL BIG schools not Mi and Ohio, hate the so-called Big two:

Wisconsin has appeared in the most Rose Bowls since PSU joined in 1993. Yes, Wisconsin, who has less than half the population of Illinois, Michigan, Ohio and Pennsylvania and does not compare to these 4 in terms of prep high school football.

Case, MFing closed. I'm so GD tired of PSU Internet fans whining about the entire conference for their football struggles. If you ever witnessed the swelling numbers of PSU fans calling for JoPa's dismissal on BWI @ Rivals, roughly from 2001-2005 then pretty much 2006 and after, you'd swear hypocrisy was coined in the name of PSU fans in the post-Sandusky era.

Win the GD games you're supposed to, don't let the refs take you out of the game. Wisconsin does not. Also, please explain to me how Mason at Minnesota had PSU's number for a nice 4 year run. Again, case MFing closed. There is one state, Pa, I've been through too often for business & family reasons, esp the Bama between Pitt and Philly, where I just wanted to punch out half or more of the males who opened their mouths at sports bars - Pennsylvania Bamans. Biggest, irrational whiners in the world. Such a shame, because most actual PSU alumni are wonderful people.

Reaction Score
I just have one simple counterargument against PSU fans who claim the BIG was out to get that them from day one, btw "the BIG" highly suggests everyone else in the conference is against them and somehow subservient to OSU and Mi, which is in fact a gigantic myth since ALL BIG schools not Mi and Ohio, hate the so-called Big two:

Wisconsin has appeared in the most Rose Bowls since PSU joined in 1993. Yes, Wisconsin, who has less than half the population of Illinois, Michigan, Ohio and Pennsylvania and does not compare to these 4 in terms of prep high school football.

Case, MFing closed. I'm so GD tired of PSU Internet fans whining about the entire conference for their football struggles. If you ever witnessed the swelling numbers of PSU fans calling for JoPa's dismissal on BWI @ Rivals, roughly from 2001-2005 then pretty much 2006 and after, you'd swear hypocrisy was coined in the name of PSU fans in the post-Sandusky era.

Win the GD games you're supposed to, don't let the refs take you out of the game. Wisconsin does not. Also, please explain to me how Mason at Minnesota had PSU's number for a nice 4 year run. Again, case MFing closed. There is one state, Pa, I've been through too often for business & family reasons, esp the Bama between Pitt and Philly, where I just wanted to punch out half or more of the males who opened their mouths at sports bars - Pennsylvania Bamans. Biggest, irrational whiners in the world. Such a shame, because most actual PSU alumni are wonderful people.

"Too much noise."

Reaction Score
"Too much noise."

No, you guys have been far too "noisy" and now you're paying a huge price, karma wise, for your empty complaints over the years.

Btw, I was a PSU football fan until this scandal. My tenure started in 79, ended 2011. I met Jo Pa, probably saw a half dozen PSU games at Beaver and many others throughout BIG land between 94-2010. No thanks!

There will never be a counterargument for the players & Jo Pa who put Sandusky on their shoulders long after the allegations were raised & before the finally hit the fan.

Reaction Score
League office plays favorites; refs; midwesterners are as parochial as southerners.

Almost total BS. Explain PSU's successes in other sports such as W. Volleyball and Wrestling?

Man, you are the noisy one (not me) & a conspiracy theorist to top it off. Wow! Again, explain Wisconsin's success in light of the the so-called OSU-Michigan favoritism. Shoot, even Iowa has as many BCS appearances as PSU since they joined & I think they've beaten PSU, head-to-head more as well.

Another interesting conspiracy that's easy to shoot down - the 94 PSU squad. We always here how the BIG voted against them in the AP vote for NCs. Sure, PSU got very little support in the Midwest, but they got even less support in the South, Southwest, Rocky and Pacific regions. Case MFing closed here as well. Nebraska and all their close calls in the the 80s got the sympathy vote, and bottom line - the Pac12 was down much of the 90s.

Reaction Score
As they’ve done all season, PSU sneaks for a first down. An official calls a false start, unseen on replay, and without mention of player who committed infraction, forcing PSU to settle for a short field goal. With less than 9 minutes to go in the game, PSU down 27-23, Lehman stretches the ball across the plane for a touchdown to seemingly take a 30-27 lead. However, the replay booth erroneously refuses to overturn the call and Nebraska gets a touchback, leading to Nebraska using clock, flipping the field to PSU’s own 2, and forcing a safety. Like OSU, Nebraska ran the ball 57 times and wasn’t charged with a single hold or illegal block – pretty amazing stat.

Check this out, receivers foot on the line on game winning drive. Ref right there.

Or this:

http://www.buckeye50.com/Drive_2003_Penn_State.html

There's a picture out there of Ben Hartsock standing straight up with the ball bouncing off the ground into his arms, and the referee looking right at it.

Reaction Score
No, you guys have been far too "noisy" and now you're paying a huge price, karma wise, for your empty complaints over the years.

Btw, I was a PSU football fan until this scandal. My tenure started in 79, ended 2011. I met Jo Pa, probably saw a half dozen PSU games at Beaver and many others throughout BIG land between 94-2010. No thanks!

There will never be a counterargument for the players & Jo Pa who put Sandusky on their shoulders long after the allegations were raised & before the finally hit the fan.

It's karma for little boys to be abused because PSU fans complained about bad ref calls. My lord. the stupidity.

Reaction Score
Almost total BS. Explain PSU's successes in other sports such as W. Volleyball and Wrestling?

Man, you are the noisy one (not me) & a conspiracy theorist to top it off. Wow! Again, explain Wisconsin's success in light of the the so-called OSU-Michigan favoritism. Shoot, even Iowa has as many BCS appearances as PSU since they joined & I think they've beaten PSU, head-to-head more as well.

Another interesting conspiracy that's easy to shoot down - the 94 PSU squad. We always here how the BIG voted against them in the AP vote for NCs. Sure, PSU got very little support in the Midwest, but they got even less support in the South, Southwest, Rocky and Pacific regions. Case MFing closed here as well. Nebraska and all their close calls in the the 80s got the sympathy vote, and bottom line - the Pac12 was down much of the 90s.

This is like one strawman after the other. Why wouldn't Wisconsin have success when PSU was being hosed in Michigan games? A bizarre point, on your part.

As for the last part, we saw all those votes go to Nebraska when PSU was destroying Mich and Ohio St. off the top of my head, score was something like 65-14.

Iowa has losing records against PSU and Wisconsin is even. PSU had more BCS bowls until the last 3 years when Wisky went 3 straight times. A period when Ohio State was banned for a couple years and Michigan suffered from Richrodities. Any other questions?

All of this is irrelevant by the way to the general point I was making about tilted refs. It's the screwiest conference imaginable.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I'm going to LOVE all that money though.

It is an awful lot of money. Way too much, really.

Here's the thing - at some point, the Big Ten is going to ask you to play basketball. You are not good at basketball. In fact, you're perfectly dreadful at it. It will be embarrassing.

So here's my thought - you are bad at basketball and we're finding ourselves a little underfunded here in Aresco's folly...so how about we kill two birds with one stone?

You subcontract out your basketball obligations to us. Why go through the motions of sending your lambs to slaughter at Ohio State or Michigan when you can pick the one right tool for the job and have Connecticut go do what they do?

The Big Ten won't mind - you'll save some face and we'll make a little bit of spending money. We'll even spray-tan our Germans to give 'em that RU shimmer and shine.

Done and done.

Just a little bit of housekeeping as we Rutgers-up our hoop program...should we use real hookers on the dance team or just girls that look like hookers? I assume we'll sprinkle a couple of pregnant ones in there as well - we'd like to be as authentic as possible.

Reaction Score
Show the data instead of cherry picking. Every single team in every conference have had blown calls screwing them over. I do agree that that those games were blown calls but it happens to all the teams. Heck- a blown call is how Penn State won one of their two MNCs in 1982 when it called in their favor vs Nebraska.

S#*t happens, just gotta suck it up sometimes.

Oh and Michigan lost to Iowa in 2011 on what seemed to be a TD pass being called incomplete and back in 1990 a blown call cost them the game against MSU while ranked #1 at the time. Not sure why those things would happen if games are so stacked like you're claiming.

Reaction Score
Show the data instead of cherry picking. Every single team in every conference have had blown calls screwing them over. I do agree that that those games were blown calls but it happens to all the teams. Heck- a blown call is how Penn State won one of their two MNCs in 1982 when it called in their favor vs Nebraska.

Oh and Michigan lost to Iowa in 2011 on what seemed to be a TD pass being called incomplete and back in 1990 a blown call cost them the game against MSU while ranked #1 at the time. Not sure why those things would happen if games are so stacked like you're claiming.

This clown makes sweeping generalizations about the Midwest and the BIG, yet fails to realize how many times other BIG fans have felt screwed by Michigan or OSU, or officiating in general in the BIG.

It's ok, I'm about to deconstruct some of his absurd arguments, yes me, a former PSU fan. Notice he has no answer for the PSU players carrying Sandusky on their shoulders a few years ago. Then he chops up a statement I made in the name of "stupidity, karma" & "abused children". Dumb, because these children weren't simply abused, they were sexually exploited by a former PSU assistant who continued to walk the campus and attend games via nice stadium suites for years after the first allegations were raised.

Never in the years of of scrolling various message boards have I encountered such a delusional fan base and the vast majority of CF fans just scratch their heads. What's in the Pennsylvania air.

Reaction Score
It's karma for little boys to be abused because PSU fans complained about bad ref calls. My lord. the stupidity.

This is for all the PSU fans who can't get over it, your theme song:

As for your total misunderstanding of my "karma" statement - let me clarify: JoPa was past his coaching days by 2000 - he had once last great breath in 2005-2006, but Sandusky already reared his ugly mug, so the vacated win is more than deserving. I sincerely believe the JoPa of the early 90s, 80s, 70s and 60s would have put his foot down on Sandusky's neck and forever removed him from University Park after the first wave of allegations. Spin it all you want, he didn't do enough and he passed the buck because his heart was likely broken that a so-called close friend and fellow coach could do such immoral, deplorable acts.

As for your generalizations of the Midwest, not only offensive and off target, but it is you who upholds the "stupidity' card - I saw your bs comment in one of the earlier posts. Too many PSU fans make these cliche grievances throughout the message board world. Grow up and stop complaining all the time about the Midwest, the BIG, officiating, etc - the Midwest is not some unified, all things the same region - far from it. PSU lost institutional control & sadly the NCAA didn't focus on this issue enough and instead handed out odd punishments that simply didn't go far enough in some areas, and certainly out of jurisdiction in other areas.

I have enjoyed my games at Beaver, but in all honesty, too many freaks in the stands who were often cruel to opposing fans and nearly as bad as OSU fans at the Shoe. I mean really, what to expect, Philly is after all a part of Pa.

As for 2005, I'm with you on that call, but no way PSU wins a NC that year - not with that head-case Morelli at QB.. It took 3 OTs to beat a barely top 25 FSU team. PSU barely squeaked past Northwestern. That year belonged to either Tx or USC. But hat tip to beating OSU, and a very good OSU team.

As for Nebraska, last year, again I agree - screw Neb and PSU whooped em plenty good in 2002. But Neb got the crap kicked out of them by Wisconsin and OSU. PSU lost several games last year, including Ohio out of the MAC and OSU @ Beaver. I simply find it offensive they lost to Virginia. PSU did not play Michigan last year as well - no way they win that game.

As for 1994-1995, great season for PSU, but I hate to burst other BIG fans bubble here, the conference wasn't all the rage that year, perception wise, esp after the hangover from the dismal 80s where OSU & Michigan were very average and the conference lost 8 of 10 Rose Bowls & often by significant margins. Only by the late 90s had the BIG re-established Rose Bowl supremacy & now the conference has sucked in this game over the past decade. Btw, the Buckeyes weren't exactly world beaters in the early 90s - no Rose Bowls. Gloat all you want about the shellacking PSU gave them in 94-95, I enjoyed it, heck OSU beat Michigan that year. But PSU struggled against Michigan, Indiana and Illinois (which I will again reference). Nebraska got paired against Miami for the NC, who obviously had a powerhouse reputation. During the 94-95 season, PSU barely won in Urbana Champaign that year, an unranked Illinois team - that's ridiculous, same goes for Indiana in Bloomington, also unranked - IU is an awful football program. The closet game for Neb that year was at Kansas State, who was ranked, and the game was in Manhattan. You could also say they struggled against OU, but that's a huge rivalry game and OU is always going to put a slight scare in any program. PSU also blew style points in the Rose Bowl because they only topped Oregon by 18 - an Oregon team who lost by worse margins to an unranked Hawaii and the same difference to an unranked Utah. Moreover, the Pac12 was below average that year. Oregon came into the game with 3 losses. Score differences mattered in the non-BCS era - heck they factor into the current BCS formula as well.

You're ok dude, but I highly doubt you remember the 94-95 season like me. I was truly rooting for PSU and my dad casted his AP vote for PSU, and yes we're Midwestern.

My advice, PSU fans need to get over the scandal soon, the court of public opinion will always feel you got off easy, as they should - football is not that important at the end of the day. Moreover, stop complaining about the refs all the time & making blanket statements about Midwesterners. People in say Minnesota, Iowa and Nebraska have less in common with the Rust Belt Midwest and Rust Belt East, overall. College conference affiliation does not trump economic interactions and proximity that folks in eastern Pa obviously share more than we do with the likes of Ohio and Rust Belt cities of Indiana and Michigan. Your Midwestern generalizations are supremely monolithic and unfounded. Your statements about the South are over the top as well (parochial argument) - the SEC and ACC have some very different cultures, hop outside college athletic conferences, some very salient differences exist between parts of Florida, Louisiana, Kentucky or Virginia. Shoot, people in Pa are different from city to city, but I stand by my previous argument, the Bama Pennsylvanians are a bit too similar and unlike the average folks in Pitt or Philly.

PSU's football glory came down a bit since joining the BIG, but so has Miami since joining the ACC and independents don't have the power they used to have (PSU's glory days). Sure ND got to the NC last year, but they were destroyed and boy they waited a long time to get back - nearly 25 years. They'll fully be in the ACC before we know it. Nonetheless, PSU has had decent success in the BIG - in fact their successes often go without appreciation - but no in other sports I follow: wrestling, women's soccer and volleyball. We'll see about hockey, but hey now I'm a Minnesota fan in this sport, so good luck - you'll never reach our level unless you do what Wisconsin, Denver, Colorado College, North Dakota, among others, often do - recruit our prep players.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
This is for all the PSU fans who can't get over it, your theme song..

Did you really just post a thousand-word attack on Penn State to a bunch of UConn fans?

I know we've hit some hard times in terms of our affiliations, but we haven't fallen so far that we've sought work in Penn State's secretarial pool - we're not taking messages for them. If you need to contact Penn State fans, I would suggest you find their board and address them directly.

We have our pride.

Reaction Score

Ah, woomba. I know you're a Michigan fan. I might write the same thing in your shoes. But, "Too much noise!!!" Come on, that's ridiculous.

As for this other fellow, I'm not going to get into a discussion equating on the field performance and child molestation and cover-ups. The B1G already had to defend against evidence of one referee with sordid Las Vegas connections ala Donaghy, I don't think that's going on, I just think Mr. Witvoet watches the Wolverines for pleasure on his off days.

Reaction Score
All that venom came out after I fell asleep last night? I hope your feeling better this morning but I think upstater was only trying to give his opinion on the way he feel's about B1G officiating as he see's it?I've heard about it before(also re; MU+PSU's fanbases) but figured it exaggeration as after a conference move newer team's often feel their being exploited/victimized!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom