OT: - Daniel Jones | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Daniel Jones

Reaction Score
Why is that? Because he traded away the drama queen and didn’t resign Collins who ended up being extremely overpaid?
Not just that he traded OBJ, but yes I do think that was dumb. Especially less than a year after deciding to sign him. That he knew he wasn't bringing Collins back and still didn't trade him. Giving Solder his contract has been dumb. Every time he opens his mouth it's something dumb coming out. The entire Eli debacle. The fact that he looked at last year's team and thought they could compete.

Reaction Score
Not just that he traded OBJ, but yes I do think that was dumb. Especially less than a year after deciding to sign him. That he knew he wasn't bringing Collins back and still didn't trade him. Giving Solder his contract has been dumb. Every time he opens his mouth it's something dumb coming out. The entire Eli debacle. The fact that he looked at last year's team and thought they could compete.

The Eli debacle is more on Mara and Tisch than it is on Gettleman after what happened with McAdoo starting Geno Smith. The backlash they received from the fans and media pretty much determined that Eli wouldn’t be touched last year.

I agree on Soldier but he was a must add after Reese drafted that disaster that was Erick Flowers.

Reaction Score
He’s
Good. I liked Jones, didn’t love him at draft. And yes you can look it up. The No. 6 vs. No. 17 was silly.

I am very very impressed with his deep ball, accuracy, poise. I think he obviously has a world of talent. No idea the vitriol behind him by the sports media.

I was a big Eli backer, because he is still a decent QB in the league. But, Eli regressed to average level nfl QB at best. There is nothing Eli can do that Daniel Jones can’t. And Jones has more athleticism and can really get the ball downfield. That impressed me.

And I don’t want to hear any draftnik ever again. Nerds were like he doesn’t have a good arm. Yeah, that isn’t true.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Why is that? Because he traded away the drama queen and didn’t resign Collins who ended up being extremely overpaid?

Because he traded away the drama queen after RESIGNING him, costing the team $13M in cap space. A completely indefensible sequence of moves.

If he’s right on Jones, that would be a good step towards repairing the damage.

Reaction Score
Because he traded away the drama queen after RESIGNING him, costing the team $13M in cap space. A completely indefensible sequence of moves.

If he’s right on Jones, that would be a good step towards repairing the damage.
Even if he's right on Jones, why did he spend $23M of cap space to bring back Eli this year instead of using that $ to plug one of the 85 holes on defense? And on top of that, he still spent the #6 pick on a player who by all accounts would've been there at 17. His decision making consistently has been befuddling at best.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Even if he's right on Jones, why did he spend $23M of cap space to bring back Eli this year instead of using that $ to plug one of the 85 holes on defense? And on top of that, he still spent the #6 pick on a player who by all accounts would've been there at 17. His decision making consistently has been befuddling at best.

Agreed on Eli but it’s hard to kick out a guy who won you 2 SBs.

As far as 6/17, I made the same point you’re making a hundred times but (a) there are rumors he wouldn’t have been there and (b) if he’s a stud, I really couldn’t care less that we didn’t squeeze out a 4th round pick to move back.

I’m not happy with Gettleman but so far so good with Jones.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The kid looked great.

Teams will adjust to him and he’ll struggle at times, but he looks like he checks all the boxes.

The Giants were never, ever going to make the playoffs this year, so I don’t quite get the obsession with the money they’re spending this year. They’re going to have a massive amount of cap space in the future and that’s what counts.

Reaction Score
The Gmen win a game they should have lost
Damn that's a rarity in recent times
Yeah but that means Tampa lost a game it should have won. That would be the norm for them. Something had to give.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
The kid looked great.

Teams will adjust to him and he’ll struggle at times, but he looks like he checks all the boxes.

The Giants were never, ever going to make the playoffs this year, so I don’t quite get the obsession with the money they’re spending this year. They’re going to have a massive amount of cap space in the future and that’s what counts.

Be nice if he had a WR to throw to at the level of, say, Odell Beckham Jr.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

"By all accounts" aka what the talking heads said on draft night.

Far be it for me to defend Gettleman, but if he thought Jones was a franchise QB, you take him when you can.

Reaction Score
That's a bad take. If you can get a franchise QB it's worth anything. If you think your franchise QB is there, you don't get cute, you take him. For that I will defend Gettleman.

It’s the right take. They could have had him at 17, and then had another potential franchise player to go with him. If you could have easily done better, you don’t get kudos for doing pretty good . . .

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Kids a keeper. All the things you look for in a franchise QB...Smart(scored a 38 on his wonderlic), quick release, mobile. Just needs more talent around him.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
It’s the right take. They could have had him at 17, and then had another potential franchise player to go with him. If you could have easily done better, you don’t get kudos for doing pretty good . . .

You have no idea of knowing if Jones would be available or not at 17. Based on what? What guys who aren't employed by NFL teams said on draft night?

There's no such thing as franchise players that aren't QBs too. You're not going to pass up on taking a guy who you think is going to be the QB the next 10 years on the chance he could be available 11 picks later.

Say we take Allen at 6. Someone else takes Jones at 16. Then what?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom