2025 Recruiting: - Cooper Flagg | Page 29 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Cooper Flagg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
i will take this seriously when he is on campus for a OV
I think he’ll announce a commitment to either Duke or UConn prior to an OV, and will call both coaches the night before.

Reaction Score
Great news. Give both his parents and him credit for being open to other schools despite the Duke noise. Excellent job by Danny/staff to get them to Storrs. Show them what a repeat NCAA Championship Program looks like. Swing for the fences and see what happens.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We're going up against the 2 biggest bag droppers in the country. Let's hope the money doesn't sway him considering he'll be signing a $35M contract in June 2025 as the #1 draft pick.
But we have the D'Amelio's and they don't!!!

Reaction Score
We're going up against the 2 biggest bag droppers in the country. Let's hope the money doesn't sway him considering he'll be signing a $35M contract in June 2025 as the #1 draft pick.

Like I've said before, I think he could be one of the exceptions to NIL stuff because of how big his footprint is nationally. He's going to get huge national NIL $ no matter where he ends up.

Probably just being overly optimistic, but can you blame me?

Reaction Score
Like I've said before, I think he could be one of the exceptions to NIL stuff because of how big his footprint is nationally. He's going to get huge national NIL $ no matter where he ends up.

All I've wanted is for the staff to get him on campus so they can work their magic...

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Why wouldn't you want to maximize your earnings this year and then do the same afterwards?

Reaction Score
This reminds me of college realignment. In the discussion with the acc and big 12

Reaction Score
Why wouldn't you want to maximize your earnings this year and then do the same afterwards?
Because picking a program to play for a year has many more factors than just getting the most NIL money. Plus the NIL money he can get for a year probably pales in comparison to the guaranteed money difference from being the 1st or 2nd pick in the 2025 NBA draft. So wouldn't development, exposure, etc. be more important? Maybe he wants to be closer to Maine? Maybe he likes Hurley better than Scheyer or Self? So many factors involved.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Because picking a program to play for a year has many more factors than just getting the most NIL money. Plus the NIL money he can get for a year probably pales in comparison to the guaranteed money difference from being the 1st or 2nd pick in the 2025 NBA draft. So wouldn't development, exposure, etc. be more important? Maybe he wants to be closer to Maine? Maybe he likes Hurley better than Scheyer or Self? So many factors involved.

Because if you get a chance to earn more money up front and the money is the future is already guaranteed regardless of the choice he makes for college, many kids choose to take the more up front and the most down the road.

Reaction Score
If we take off the blue tinted glasses, no. I hope we get Flagg, and I think we have a real shot. But his development the 1 year of college doesn't matter, he's going #1. His exposure doesn't matter between UConn and Duke, he's going to be the #1 story on SportsCenter every night no matter what

Reaction Score
If we take off the blue tinted glasses, no. I hope we get Flagg, and I think we have a real shot. But his development the 1 year of college doesn't matter, he's going #1. His exposure doesn't matter between UConn and Duke, he's going to be the #1 story on SportsCenter every night no matter what

His development doesn't matter? To you or to him? From everything we've learned about this young man, he's not going to quit trying to be the best when the signing bonus wire hits his bank account -- he wants to perform at the highest level. So of course which program best prepares him to hit the NBA running is going to matter to him.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
But we have the D'Amelio's and they don't!!!

From my understanding, we have at least 2 collectives. Bleeding Blue and the D'Amelio one. I have no idea how much money either one has, but the vibe given off by the D'Amelio one was more about developing a person's brand and arranging sponsors and the like. Which is relatively worthless for players who aren't already famous coming in or going to be lottery/1st round picks. But could be extremely intriguing to someone who will likely have well over half a million followers before he sets foot on campus. Skill development not just on the court.

Reaction Score
Hid development doesn't matter? To you or to him? From everything we've learned about this young man, he's not going to quit trying to be the best when the signing bonus wire hits his bank account -- he wants to perform at the highest level. So of course which program best prepares him to hit the NBA running is going to matter to him.
Completely missing the context of what you're quoting. I didn't say any of that, the point is whether he goes to Duke or UConn he's going to develop and going to be the #1 pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom