2025 Recruiting: - Cooper Flagg | Page 31 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Cooper Flagg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No you don't, Cooper Flagg is a generational prospect the same way Victor Wembanyama was. Nobody is passing him based on a strong game at a random summer camp. These guys have been locked in as the top pick when they come out for years
Cooper Flagg reclassified to 2024 so he doesn't have to compete with the Boozer twins for #1 in 2025.

All in all, these guys are both insane prospects.
Wembanyama may be a once every 2 decade prospect, where Flagg may be a once a decade guy.

Both will be successful in the NBA and make hundreds of millions of dollars.

As a charlotte hornets fan, I'd take either one of them.

Reaction Score
Flagg is playing against 16 and 17 year olds. Wembanyama is in a Pro League. Association with UConn shouldn’t cloud the judgement. Flagg is a tremendous prospect, Wemby is a generational prospect.
While true, Wemby is playing against Europeans. Sure they are older more physically mature players, but it’s very doubtful that they’re the caliber of American players. UConn isn’t affecting my judgment whatsoever. I’ve watched Flagg play extensively and talked at length with a highly recruited player who has played against him. I think Flagg is also a generational type player. At this stage of his career, and it’s still early, I think he’s a better prospect than Zion Williamson was. A lot can change in the next two years. We shall see. But I think Flagg might well be the best one and done prospect to come out since Kevin Durant.

Reaction Score
There is evidence that the UConn staff develops players (Martin, Jackson and Sanogo most prominently) but the jury is still out on Scheyer.
This. Coach K developed players but there were many examples of his players underachieving in the league relative to expectations. UConn is running a very complex NBA level offense. Both teams would have exceptionally talented rosters to practice with and against and loaded schedules to play.

Reaction Score
While all of that is true, Flagg has a lot of the same tools Larry Bird had, but with more athleticism. I could see Wembanyama going first in this scenario, but a no brainer? I’m not sure it’s a no brainer, especially given the health history of bigs with his stature.

Hold on… Pump the brakes. Flagg has a long long long way to go to be in a conversation with Bird…

Really???

Reaction Score
Flagg is playing against 16 and 17 year olds. Wembanyama is in a Pro League. Association with UConn shouldn’t cloud the judgement. Flagg is a tremendous prospect, Wemby is a generational prospect.

Wembanyama and it ain’t even a discussion.
So wrong. Wembanyama looks like an injury waiting to happen. I just don't see how someone that thin holds up over an 82 game season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hold on… Pump the brakes. Flagg has a long long long way to go to be in a conversation with Bird…

Really???
I said he has elements of his game that remind me of Bird. He’s an elite passer for a big man with incredible vision. Jokic and Bird are two of the best I’ve seen. I said a lot can change in the next two years but the POTENTIAL is there. Drafts are done on potential and projections. He can score at all levels the way Bird could. Bird was an above average defender and rebounder IMO—but it was not the strongest part of his game. Bird was not a shot blocker at all and was not compared to a deer running the court lol. Obviously Flagg would have to put up 10-12 years of elite NBA production to be compared to Bird’s PRODUCTION. But the comparison and projection is possible.

Reaction Score
Your position is clear, I just don't agree with it. What I'm saying is that his development is going to be the same at UConn and Duke, and it's OK to admit that as a UConn fan
No it wont. It will be better at UCONN because our proven coaches are better.

Reaction Score
So wrong. Wembanyama looks like an injury waiting to happen. I just don't see how someone that thin holds up over an 82 game season.
“So wrong” Lol. Flagg is 16. This isn’t a debate and the only reason we are talking about it is because we want Flagg. Be real.

Reaction Score
While true, Wemby is playing against Europeans. Sure they are older more physically mature players, but it’s very doubtful that they’re the caliber of American players. UConn isn’t affecting my judgment whatsoever. I’ve watched Flagg play extensively and talked at length with a highly recruited player who has played against him. I think Flagg is also a generational type player. At this stage of his career, and it’s still early, I think he’s a better prospect than Zion Williamson was. A lot can change in the next two years. We shall see. But I think Flagg might well be the best one and done prospect to come out since Kevin Durant.
Zion was a significantly better prospect. The convo of Zion vs Wemby is intriguing. Flagg vs Wemby is not.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Your position is clear, I just don't agree with it. What I'm saying is that his development is going to be the same at UConn and Duke, and it's OK to admit that as a UConn fan
high quality GIF

Reaction Score
We can agree to disagree on that. Zion’s body, work ethic, and ability to score in as many ways and make teammates better are /were all in question.
Zion’s work ethic NOW is in question. It wasn’t as a prospect. I think this is revisionist.

Reaction Score
Zion’s work ethic NOW is in question. It wasn’t as a prospect. I think this is revisionist.
His game was bullying lesser athletes in the post. I think there’s revisionism going on alright. Y’all remember that Olajuwon and Sam Bowie went over MJ? Hahaha.

Reaction Score
His game was bullying lesser athletes in the post. I think there’s revisionism going on alright. Y’all remember that Olajuwon and Sam Bowie went over MJ? Hahaha.
That’s not a knock lmao, that’s a testament to him as an athletic freak.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Yes, Flagg is a better NBA prospect at this stage than Zion was at the same stage.
If that’s the direction you want to go, fine. You and others said you would take him over Wemby knowing what you know now. Which is an insane take.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
If that’s the direction you want to go, fine. You and others said you would take him over Wemby knowing what you know now. Which is an insane take.
I think Wemby might well deserve to go first. I don’t think it’s a no brainer or should take .001 seconds to decide. That type of decision making process is how Jordan fell to 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom