2025 Recruiting: - Cooper Flagg | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Cooper Flagg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Seriously. Do we actually have a shot? This kid will have an Anthony Davis level impact At what ever school he chooses to grace with his presence for a year. Could it be us?

Reaction Score
Feels like we need to have a couple top 10 picks and another nice tourny run this season to have a shot, but those are in play.

Feels like a
Inspire Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Feels like we need to have a couple top 10 picks and another nice tourny run this season to have a shot, but those are in play.

Feels like a
Inspire Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
Very possible. Clingan needs to get him on the line when he’s in contention for POY.

Reaction Score
Maybe a positive is that with his social media clout, local NIL might not be as big of a deal for him. He's going to get massive $$$ no matter where he goes Tyler Phommachanh school from businesses all over the country.

Just spitballing... I don't really know.

Reaction Score
Duke the heavy favorite…but I honestly think we have as good a shot as anyone not named Duke. If location is a factor at all, I like our chances.
We should definitely be all over him. Can't concede anyone to Duke or Kentucky. He's a once in a long time New England recruit and there's the connection with the Clingan's. UConn and Hurley are a hot property now.

Reaction Score
Absolutely not because either I'm right or we get Flagg so no downside.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
We should definitely be all over him. Can't concede anyone to Duke or Kentucky. He's a once in a long time New England recruit and there's the connection with the Clingan's. UConn and Hurley are a hot property now.
The only risk is chasing the unicorn and missing out on other options. Flagg is gonna have all the promises in the world about role and playing time, it’s likely an all or nothing proposition to go “all in.”

Reaction Score
The only risk is chasing the unicorn and missing out on other options. Flagg is gonna have all the promises in the world about role and playing time, it’s likely an all or nothing proposition to go “all in.”
You’re right. But… this staff has shown that they are as informed, prepared and realistic as any program in the country when it comes to recruiting.

I’m not accusing you, but those who believe Hurley is wasting time, focus and resource on recruiting Flagg are out of their minds. This is a national championship caliber program with a staff that has now proven that it can win big and develop players for the next level. Cooper Flagg will not turn into a Hamidou Diallo situation. The program is exponentially healthier than it was then, and Hurley has shown that he won’t put all eggs in one basket - and then let that basket sit forever. If Hurley wants to take a shot at Flagg, that move makes total sense to me right now.

Reaction Score
There were so many Duke shirts behind Maine's bench yesterday during their game that aired on NBA TV/NBA app w/ John Fanta announcing

Reaction Score
Cooper…Do you want to play for a wannabe who rode the coattails of a HOF coach and was gifted a premier head coaching job…or play for a guy who worked his arse off and worked his way up through the ranks, becoming a winner at all levels and who has now become a NC-winning head coach who has proven he can prepare his players for the NBA?

Should be an easy question and decision to make for any kid…

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
Cooper…Do you want to play for a wannabe who rode the coattails of a HOF coach and was gifted a premier head coaching job…or play for a guy who worked his arse off and worked his way up through the ranks, becoming a winner at all levels and who has now become a NC-winning head coach who has proven he can prepare his players for the NBA?

Should be an easy question and decision to make for any kid…
You forgot to mention the family pedigree, but yeah.

Reaction Score
Per Cooper Flagg just now on NBA TV when asked what he's looking for in a school:

John Fanta: "How are you going about all those college programs reaching out to you?"

Cooper Flagg: "Um... I mean... I'm just taking it one day at a time. Um.. Just going through it as it comes to me. And just.. kinda just letting it all happen and uh just seeing what there is; like what I have for offers, so."

Raphael Chillious: "When you look for a school, what's important to you? What are you looking for?"

Cooper Flagg: "Obviously just wanna look.. like a good coach.. um.. playstyle, things like that. Um.. In a good area... maybe. Stuff like that."

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Would be awesome, just seems like the stereotypical Duke kid.
??? That was then; this is now. They have the Duke legacy but we just tied them for NCs. (All in the past 25 years!!) Without K so far they are just another team. Our staff, if they can continue to work together, will be unstoppable. We are definitely on the rise. "They better catch us now" Damn straight.

Reaction Score
We can recruit with anybody now. Why the hell not. Just won a championship with a fun and entertaining team and a coaching staff that works there ass off. This is basketball country. Have to throw in a plug for Mora and the gang, keep moving the bar.

Reaction Score
Per Cooper Flagg just now on NBA TV when asked what he's looking for in a school:

John Fanta: "How are you going about all those college programs reaching out to you?"

Cooper Flagg: "Um... I mean... I'm just taking it one day at a time. Um.. Just going through it as it comes to me. And just.. kinda just letting it all happen and uh just seeing what there is; like what I have for offers, so."

Raphael Chillious: "When you look for a school, what's important to you? What are you looking for?"

Cooper Flagg: "Obviously just wanna look.. like a good coach.. um.. playstyle, things like that. Um.. In a good area... maybe. Stuff like that."
"In a good area." Wonder how he defines "good area."

Good area could be driveable for parents, family & friends.

Or not.

What I do know is we will develop him and prepare him for the NBA as well as any school in the country. Can confidently say we win championships pretty regularly too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom