2025 Recruiting: - Cooper Flagg | Page 32 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Cooper Flagg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If that’s the direction you want to go, fine. You and others said you would take him over Wemby knowing what you know now. Which is an insane take.
I'm not going in any direction. Flagg is a better NBA prospect than Zion was at the same stage. You said he's not.

Reaction Score
I think Wemby might well deserve to go first. I don’t think it’s a no brainer or should take .001 seconds to decide. That type of decision making process is how Jordan fell to 3.
Any NBA scout who’s job it is to do this sort of thing would no doubt disagree with you.

Reaction Score
I'm not going in any direction. Flagg is a better NBA prospect than Zion was at the same stage. You said he's not.
You started this off by saying you would choose Flagg over Wemby, if both were eligible, which is crazy. Knowing what we knew Zion did in college, Flagg over him is also pretty crazy. Less so, but still crazy.

Reaction Score
You started this off by saying you would choose Flagg over Wemby, if both were eligible, which is crazy. Knowing what we knew Zion did in college, Flagg over him is also pretty crazy. Less so, but still crazy.
You're having so much trouble with this. Flagg is a 16 year old, he is a better prospect than Zion was as a 16 year old.

Reaction Score
You're having so much trouble with this. Flagg is a 16 year old, he is a better prospect than Zion was as a 16 year old.
And you said you would take Flagg over Wemby. Not referencing Wemby at 16. Just overall.

Reaction Score
Didn’t Zion’s mother get a new house when Zion went to Duke..and that was before NIL.. it’s going to be hard to beat that kind of money

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Whether or not it will pan out that way, no GM would’ve taken Flagg over Wemby. He was considered the best prospect since LeBron with some saying he was a better prospect. Flagg is great but not even the clear cut best pro prospect in high school right now—Dybantsa and Boozer would be in the conversation.

Reaction Score
Flagg has the total offensive game and can score from everywhere. His passing is Bird level from a big man. He protects the rim and rebounds. And I talked with a 3 star that played against him at Peach Jam who told me he runs like a deer. He’s played against the most elite competition there is in high school. The kid is really really really good.

On defense too!!!

Reaction Score
Sounds like some of you listen way too much to ESPN and Windhorst, wow. Wemby is intriguing due to his size, and should be good…but he’s the same guy who got bullied by an undrafted Kenneth Lofton this year.

The media needs someone to gush about and they went a little over the top for good ole Wemby. Them calling him the greatest prospect and saying “if he’s not Durant or Giannis, he’s a failure” is too much.

Depends what the franchise needs, he would be hard to pass up. Flagg would be hard to pass up too

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

1692835427205.jpeg

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I've been in touch with DS and he's not fixated on the record and doesn't want us to worry about beating it, or allowing him to retain it as one of the honors in his trophy room, either case is fine with him.

Well I talked to his father and he told me he’d give up the record for $10k

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Flagg is playing against 16 and 17 year olds. Wembanyama is in a Pro League. Association with UConn shouldn’t cloud the judgement. Flagg is a tremendous prospect, Wemby is a generational prospect.

Strange anyone would disagree but this is the Internet so…

Reaction Score
You have managed to become my least favorite poster in a world where Chief and Nelson exist.
You're my least favorite with all your lies. But go ahead pretend you're some kind of expert on everything.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It’s a bit silly that we proclaim our staff’s clear superiority at developing NBA taken when the number of truly successful NBA players they’ve developed thus far is zero. Hopefully that changes this NBA season. But that’s where it stands.

Flagg would correctly laugh in the face of any coach saying they will prepare him better than Duke. It doesn’t matter where he goes. Anyone suggesting otherwise is selling something. That’s not what’s going to win him over.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
It’s a bit silly that we proclaim our staff’s clear superiority at developing NBA taken when the number of truly successful NBA players they’ve developed thus far is zero. Hopefully that changes this NBA season. But that’s where it stands.

Flagg would correctly laugh in the face of any coach saying they will prepare him better than Duke. It doesn’t matter where he goes. Anyone suggesting otherwise is selling something. That’s not what’s going to win him over.
Yeah I understand we’re a rightfully excited group seeing the momentum we have. But guys still have to show and prove in the NBA before we can say Hurley is great at preparing guys. As of today, he can get guys drafted.

With how many guys we’re going to be pumping into the league and the talent we’re bringing in I expect it to change though. At the moment Hurley players have just as much success in the NBA as any other coach.

Reaction Score

Our head coach and staff took over a dumpster fire and they've done an amazing job developing players and building this thing back up to the best program in the country.

What is it about Scheyer's one year as head coach that has you so hooked?

Reaction Score
You're my least favorite with all your lies. But go ahead pretend you're some kind of expert on everything.

Who are you?

Edit: just DM'd you since this doesn't belong on the open board. I'd be curious to know what you think I'm lying about. I can't think of much other than omitting where I've coached on the public board and once in a while my dad posts under my name by accident which might confuse people.

(Also: the ignore button exists if you think I'm that much of a tool.)

Last edited:

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Our head coach and staff took over a dumpster fire and they've done an amazing job developing players and building this thing back up to the best program in the country.

What is it about Scheyer's one year as head coach that has you so hooked?
Scheyer didn’t win a national championship but he did win the ACC tournament.

It’s hard to talk about other coaches when comparing it to a national championship. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom