2025 Recruiting: - Cooper Flagg | Page 27 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Cooper Flagg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Now another… essentially same point.

No, to be clear, your position was that getting Flagg might be bad for the program.

It's different to say "not a big deal if he doesn't come given that UConn is in very good shape from a recruiting standpoint." That is a logical take that most people would get behind. That's not at all what you said.

Reaction Score
No, to be clear, your position was that getting Flagg might be bad for the program.

It's different to say "not a big deal if he doesn't come given that UConn is in very good shape from a recruiting standpoint." That is a logical take that most people would get behind. That's not at all what you said.

Remember when we had the 2nd and 3rd overall pick in the draft but it tanked our season?
Ahh… the momentum shifts in the thread but I never said “bad” just that it wouldn’t guarantee anything and has the potential to be a distraction. And that even if we don’t get him, we beat a lot of teams this year with highly touted recruits. I liked what we did.

So, change what I said, as many have here to make a point but what I am saying is not actually all that controversial - just another way of looking at different scenarios.

I’ve also said I still hope we land him. but no matter, let’s not let this get in the way of a good argument.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
good luck becoming an attorney - going to need more skills than what you showed here. keep studying...
Again showing your intellect, I've been an attorney for about a year now. No more studying for me!

Reaction Score
Seriously. Do we actually have a shot? This kid will have an Anthony Davis level impact At what ever school he chooses to grace with his presence for a year. Could it be us?
I’ll take his twin brother ‍♂️

Reaction Score
Again showing your intellect, I've been an attorney for about a year now. No more studying for me!
Umm… maybe time to change your handle then… but either way, Congrats.

Reaction Score
Seriously I think we can trust Hurley at this point especially on the recruiting front. Competing with Duke for generational talents is a nice place to be!
Agreed. He hasn’t given us a reason not to. I’m also a Patriots fan. I do take issue with the In Bill We Trust crowd. Terrific coach. All time coach. Terrible at drafting especially in recent years with no GM/coach division of power. But Hurley is at the top of his game right now.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I've been an attorney for about a year now. No more studying for me!
Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Reaction Score
Who ever gets him will be only a one and done . He will be gone after 1 year regardless unless a season ending injury. Does hurly want to go all out for a one year player? My guess is Duke. Someone stated in a post that his family is moving to Florida soon. So location will no longer be in the mix. I would be shocked if he doesn’t end up at Duke.. even more shocked if he ends up in storrs.

Reaction Score
We are playing with house money which ever way his recruitment turns out. No one is expecting Cooper to come to UConn so it won’t be a failure if he doesn’t even as it brings positive conversation for the program.
This

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
this is the wildest thread i’ve seen for a player that hasn’t even demonstrated interest in uconn
We’re in shape to receive his only other visit according to actual insiders. We watched every game at Peach Jam. Do you really need the flashy edit from his instagram with 3 other schools he’s not really considering to believe we’re in the race? Or would some empty interview quotes do the trick?

Reaction Score
We’re in shape to receive his only other visit according to actual insiders. We watched every game at Peach Jam. Do you really need the flashy edit from his instagram with 3 other schools he’s not really considering to believe we’re in the race? Or would some empty interview quotes do the trick?
Sign me up for the empty interview quotes!

This thread will easily hit another 200 posts and at least a page long argument about how we would be better off without Flagg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom