2025 Recruiting: - Cooper Flagg | Page 26 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Cooper Flagg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Now we’ve gone to a “neutral party.”

That was LOL funny….

And also try to get it right.. it isn’t a top 10 player.. It is the most hyped guy since LebBron….
Would he start as a freshman over Diarra tho?!?

Reaction Score
Now we’ve gone to a “neutral party.”

That was LOL funny….

And also try to get it right.. it isn’t a top 10 player.. It is the most hyped guy since LebBron….

I think you are way overhyping the “sideshow” that would follow Flagg. He is the most recent underclass prospect to be called the “most hyped since Lebron” since Emoni Bates and Marvin Bagley. Literally nothing about his recruitment portends a prima donna - in fact the opposite. Even the way he plays suggests a team first guy. Look at his write-ups - the comparisons seems to be a souped up Kirilenko which is basically the ultimate glue guy.

Reaction Score
You kind of made my case for me…

Generational talent?

Here we go - all focus on the superstar with other players getting the shaft…

I love what our team did last year…. Imagine that, not top 2 picks
I'm confused. Hurley already has two top 50 commits, and looks to be in good shape with Betsy, Ngongba & Edgecombe.
If a generational recruit is interested in your program, you go all out to get him, the risk/reward is necessary.

Maybe just don't commit to the all out press for 3 years and end up missing out on Hamidou Diallo

Reaction Score
Players who are going to be a disruption are going to be so regardless of their ranking. It’s completely unfair to assign that to a kid based on the fact that he is an incredible basketball player.

This staff also seems to be pretty good at managing egos and getting buy in, so that’s, you know, kind of cool.

Reaction Score
I think you are way overhyping the “sideshow” that would follow Flagg. He is the most recent underclass prospect to be called the “most hyped since Lebron” since Emoni Bates and Marvin Bagley. Literally nothing about his recruitment portends a prima donna - in fact the opposite. Even the way he plays suggests a team first guy. Look at his write-ups - the comparisons seems to be a souped up Kirilenko which is basically the ultimate glue guy.
If he is as reported then that would be a huge plus.

But truth be told, I still hope he decides to make the logical choice to come to UConn. I just have limited expectations of what that might mean to our Wins and Loses for the year he is here.

Reaction Score
Everything I've read/seen about Cooper is that he's uber-competitive/talented on the court and makes winning plays at both ends of the court.. And off the court. .He's pretty chill and enjoys hanging with his teammates.. Can't see where his influence could not be viewed as anything other than positive..

On another CF note.. Apologize if its already been posted.. Who is our lead recruiter on him?? Or is Danny more involved on the front end of this situation??

Reaction Score
Players who are going to be a disruption are going to be so regardless of their ranking. It’s completely unfair to assign that to a kid based on the fact that he is an incredible basketball player.

This staff also seems to be pretty good at managing egos and getting buy in, so that’s, you know, kind of cool.

Seriously. I've coached kids with a disruptive ego who aren't doing anything but D3. I've coached high-major recruits who were the best teammates you could ask for. It has absolutely nothing to do with ranking and everything to do with upbringing and attitude.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If he is as reported then that would be a huge plus.

But truth be told, I still hope he decides to make the logical choice to come to UConn. I just have limited expectations of what that might mean to our Wins and Loses for the year he is here.
The real problem that I have with what you've been posting about this kid is your view is "Until proven otherwise, I'll consider him as a me before team player who won't put any priority on winning if it doesn't help his stats". I personally don't see how you can know enough about him to think this. It is very possible that he is a much more physical Karaban and he'll do what he can to adapt to the role our staff would give him if he does come here.

Reaction Score
Since reclassifying i am hearing alot more duke talk. Uconn still in it.

Thanks for the update. Hope UConn keeps pushing.

Figured it would be a tougher putt for 2024. Cooper probably didn’t want to team up with the Boozer twins at Duke in 2024-2025. Reclassifying removed that possibility/hurdle.

Reaction Score
If he wants to win a championship in his one season in college ball UConn is his best bet. The Duke coach hasn't proven anything.

I wonder how much $$$ ESPN will funnel into his recruitment. If he is as good as advertised, he will be a TV ratings superstar, ESPN will be livid if he ends up in the Big East and I would love every second of it.

Last edited:

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score

Generational talent?

You might be the dumbest poster on here, and that is genuinely hard to do.

Reaction Score
You might be the dumbest poster on here, and that is genuinely hard to do.

good luck becoming an attorney - going to need more skills than what you showed here. keep studying...

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score

Generational talent?

I too loved what the team did last year. Glad we found each other.
1692228823854.gif

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
just let the chips fall the way they are. I would love him in a UConn uniform, but if UConn reels in Betsy, Ngongba and Edgecombe.

Reaction Score
just let the chips fall the way they are. I would love him in a UConn uniform, but if UConn reels in Betsy, Ngongba and Edgecombe.
Now another… essentially same point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds