2025 Recruiting: - Cooper Flagg | Page 25 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Cooper Flagg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
To be fair, that one came be described as an unlikely intersection of, "How true" and "Yeah, but that's different."
Right, a bit different. One and done’s are always off to the NBA after one year in college.
Nadov was “persuaded” to return to Israel after one year at UConn.

Reaction Score
Right, a bit different. One and done’s are always off to the NBA after one year in college.
Nadov was “persuaded” to return to Israel after one year at UConn.

He and Caron both found it very difficult to leave Storrs no doubt!!!

Reaction Score
Coming up with a downside to this kid spending a year in Storrs would require a level of creativity that I doubt anyone on this board possses.
wow, surprised to see your post Get so many likes but I'm just stating the obvious. you don't see any situation where might be a distraction to the team and might cause some issues with team harmony? I'm not saying it's gonna happen, but if you expect this kid to come in instantly have another championship, then I guess we don't entirely agree.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
wow, surprised to see your post Get so many likes but I'm just stating the obvious. you don't see any situation where might be a distraction to the team and might cause some issues with team harmony? I'm not saying it's gonna happen, but if you expect this kid to come in instantly have another championship, then I guess we don't entirely agree.
Why do you think someone being a great player = team distraction?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
These last two posts both go too far and end up forcefully arguing against something that wasn't actually stated or meant by the quoted poster. The unfortunate consequence of this 'talking past each other' is the obscuring of a pretty high degree of overlapping agreement between people who instead are seen as combatting each other.

Looks like we're in diminishing returns territory until something like a scheduled visit or other substantive piece of news is announced.

Reaction Score
Having a 6-9 great perimeter defender couldn't hurt. Ahmad Nowell gets a mention in here also.

Cooper Flagg is not only the top perimeter defender in this class, he is one of the best I have scouted in a decade-plus in the industry. It starts with his instincts, length, and competitiveness. The 6-foot-9 wing is excellent in the passing lanes and in protecting the rim. He has a burst and timing that allow him to be a menace off-ball. He has good hips and is able to slide his feet on the perimeter; in fact, he is very good footwork where his length and recovery allow him to play a step off his man and still be a factor.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
but if you expect this kid to come in instantly have another championship, then I guess we don't entirely agree.

No one has said this. But, on the flip side, you haven't offered a single thing to suggest that he would be a distraction or adversely impact team chemistry beyond the fact that he's really, really freaking good. So your argument essentially boils down to "isn't anyone else concerned about adding this really great, generational talent to our team?" Which is a bad argument.

Reaction Score
No one has said this. But, on the flip side, you haven't offered a single thing to suggest that he would be a distraction or adversely impact team chemistry beyond the fact that he's really, really freaking good. So your argument essentially boils down to "isn't anyone else concerned about adding this really great, generational talent to our team?" Which is a bad argument.
The Drummond year was a disaster -- not Drummond but the season. But there was a whole lot of factors that came together to cause it, including Drummond being a last minute addition to the team, the team returning all frontcourt starters to a national championship team with Drummond playing a role that adversely effected AO, Roscoe Smith and Tyler Olander, and the coach missing part of the season and losing the chance to integrate better.

If Flagg coming in next year was going to materially and adversely affect star players on a team this year that wins a championship, yeah, it might be a problem. Sign me up for that problem. And remember that if we repeat this year, we are likely to have to replace all five starters.

Reaction Score
The Drummond year was a disaster -- not Drummond but the season. But there was a whole lot of factors that came together to cause it, including Drummond being a last minute addition to the team, the team returning all frontcourt starters to a national championship team with Drummond playing a role that adversely effected AO, Roscoe Smith and Tyler Olander, and the coach missing part of the season and losing the chance to integrate better.

If Flagg coming in next year was going to materially and adversely affect star players on a team this year that wins a championship, yeah, it might be a problem. Sign me up for that problem. And remember that if we repeat this year, we are likely to have to replace all five starters.
Repeat or not, we are most likely to replace 4 out of 5.

Reaction Score
Epic BY prognostications on Flagg situation.. Staff is bustin' their butts.. Still think that expending a ton of energy on what Flagg(s) are thinking --until we can get him(them) on campus for an OV-- is not the best use of mojo.. Timing is everything..

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You kind of made my case for me…

Generational talent?

Here we go - all focus on the superstar with other players getting the shaft…

I love what our team did last year…. Imagine that, not top 2 picks

Reaction Score
You kind of made my case for me…

Generational talent?

Here we go - all focus on the superstar with other players getting the shaft…

I love what our team did last year…. Imagine that, not top 2 picks

Man if that's your best case I'm sorry I wasted the 90 seconds I spent engaging with you. So he's too good? That's it? I would have loved your posts arguing that it might not be a good idea for Calhoun to take Lebron if he wanted to come to UConn.

Reaction Score
The last 4 posts nailed it good job. These posters saying getting Flagg could derail the program are nuts with there takes.
This is surreal I will agree, not to mention people who can’t spell.

Reaction Score
Are you actually trying to say that if CF comes to UConn, Dan Hurley would lose control of the team? Do you think you might be selling him kind of short? When Maya Moore came to UConn and said no to Pat Summitt, did Geno have team harmony issues???

Reaction Score
You are sounding really foolish in this argument, my man.

Man if that's your best case I'm sorry I wasted the 90 seconds I spent engaging with you. So he's too good? That's it? I would have loved your posts arguing that it might not be a good idea for Calhoun to take Lebron if he wanted to come to UConn
You are sounding really foolish in this argument, my man.

I didn’t realize it has turned into an argument… Obviously it touched a nerve. Not all that much to get worked up about… just 2 slightly different views of possible scenarios if we land a superstar…

Reaction Score
Summary a bit off…. Anyone really thinking this through realizes that while it would be great to have the kid, it doesn’t guarantee anything and could possible be bit of distraction with the huge PR this kid is getting. But #whatever, hopefully we’ll know soon either way.

Reaction Score
I didn’t realize it has turned into an argument… Obviously it touched a nerve. Not all that much to get worked up about… just 2 slightly different views of possible scenarios if we land a superstar…

No nerve touched here. Just a neutral party pointing out your argument is senseless. There are perfectly good reasons to prefer avoiding top-10 players, and you've made none of them.

Reaction Score
Man if that's your best case I'm sorry I wasted the 90 seconds I spent engaging with you. So he's too good? That's it? I would have loved your posts arguing that it might not be a good idea for Calhoun to take Lebron if he wanted to come to UConn.
We're the only fan board I've seen where people are legitimately scared of having too much talent. I would like to think this guy is a one off but he's not.

The little engine that could is a rallying cry for some of these folks...

Reaction Score
No nerve touched here. Just a neutral party pointing out your argument is senseless. There are perfectly good reasons to prefer avoiding top-10 players, and you've made none of them.
Now we’ve gone to a “neutral party.”

That was LOL funny….

And also try to get it right.. it isn’t a top 10 player.. It is the most hyped guy since LebBron….

Reaction Score
They should battle it out with a chicken wing eating contest at Bidwell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom