Bracketology | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Bracketology

Reaction Score
Comes down to would I rather see Hubert Davis or Rick Pitino on the sideline. And...well that's easy
Yup. I hate Slick Rick but respect the hell out of his basketball acumen. If anyone knows how to take down a more talented team, it's him. If we can't avoid him, I'd rather play him in the Round of 32 (giving him only 2 days to prep) versus 64 (4-5 days).

Reaction Score
If we just keep winning we will be a 4 seed I think

Having that second top 10 win against Nova cemented it, as long as we win out and don’t exit early from the BET
I think the BET title cements the #4 and gets us a puncher's chance at a #3. If they give us a #5 (no better than #17 in the country) after we win out at 26-7 and likely take down Nova in the process, that's some world class BS right there.

Reaction Score
Yup, big wins for a lot of other teams in the 15-20 range. Not automatic that just because we're UConn we get up into the 16-18 range and a #4 seed.

Also, WVU looking like a bad loss. They're 3-12 in the Big 12 and under .500 overall. Yikes.

We're really going to have to make a case down the stretch here for a top seed. I think 4-1 is a minimum to get a #4 seed.
Agreed - we need to get to 25 wins. Whether that’s winning out the reg or winning the BET, it requires at least 2 BET wins, and imo that’s the surest way to get a 4 seed. Would be hard to keep us off that line at 25-8 with the accompanying resume.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Just bring it already

MJ1

Reaction Score
Palm at CBS Bracketology has Providence as a 2 seed and UConn as a 4 seed.

Reaction Score

Lunardi still has us as a 5, though he says if Texas loses to Baylor today we will move up to a 4. We're also right behind Providence, who I imagine are in for a shellacking @ Villanova tomorrow.

Reaction Score

Lunardi still has us as a 5, though he says if Texas loses to Baylor today we will move up to a 4. We're also right behind Providence, who I imagine are in for a shellacking @ Villanova tomorrow.

A 4 or 5 seed with Gonzaga is a hard pass for me.

We either need to move up to #13-15 or slide to #18-20 overall.

Of course, it's fairly unlikely Lunardi has it pegged in the first place.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score

I actually think we matchup well with Gonzaga. Holmgren and Timme have no chance against Sanogo. I don’t want to see a team like Illinois.

Reaction Score
I actually think we matchup well with Gonzaga. Holmgren and Timme have no chance against Sanogo.
Impressively optimistic take here. Love Sanogo but saying Drew Timme has no chance against him is misguided.

Whaley/Holmgren is a fun matchup. Whaley has occasionally struggled to guard shooting forwards though, and I hate the idea of Holmgren being able to liberally help off of Whaley on defense.

Whaley did pretty well against Jabari Smith and Mobley last year. If he gets the chance to guard Holmgren he will have gone head to head against quite the list of high end lottery talent.

Reaction Score

Locks: PC, Nova, UConn
Should be in: Marquette, Hall
Work to do: Xavier, Creighton

Were the Musketeers still feeling the aftereffects of a heartbreaking three-overtime loss at Providence? Whatever the explanation, Xavier looked rather listless in their 16-point home loss to Seton Hall. The Pirates rang up 82 points in 62 possessions, and Travis Steele's team has now dropped six of its last seven. Part of that has been beyond the Musketeers' control, as opponents have hit 38% of their 3s in those seven games. Still, those same opponents have made their 2s as well. Xavier's seed right now is a shaky No. 9 and trending in the wrong direction.

After losing at Providence by 21, Creighton is a projected No. 10 seed that is missing its starting point guard and facing two more tough games. The Bluejays will finish the season at home against UConn and Seton Hall. Greg McDermott's team will play the Huskies and the Pirates without Ryan Nembhard, who suffered a season-ending wrist injury in the team's win at St. John's. In their first full game without Nembhard, the Bluejays took care of the ball just fine but shot 19% on 3s and 39% on 2s against the Friars.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
With the amount of ish we (including myself) have talked about Memphis this season, we are 100% going to be in a 5/12 matchup with them. Absolutely doomed.
Yeah getting a 4 is huge to get a mid major auto bid team vs an at large high major in the first round (for trash talking karma reasons as well since we’ve probably talked trash about a good chunk of bubble teams)

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
With the amount of ish we (including myself) have talked about Memphis this season, we are 100% going to be in a 5/12 matchup with them. Absolutely doomed.
We were talking about some interesting matchups and this scenario came up
Would be interesting but if the Memphis young kids are hitting their stride they would be a handful for the Huskies in many ways

Reaction Score

Bring on Gonzaga.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We have to play somebody…. We’re worried about VERMONT?
We are worry about everyone. It’s just what we do.

Possible Rutgers match up if they get by Bama.

Reaction Score
We have to play somebody…. We’re worried about VERMONT?

Becker is an amazing coach. Vermont is always a very tough out. Im sure all 4-13 games would be tough. Just saying Vermont is very good.
My thoughts exactly. Any 13 seed is going to be better than playing an at-large 12 seed in my opinion. Whether that’s a really good Vermont team or some other AQ, it’s the best case scenario for the huskies.

Reaction Score

UConn as a 4 facing Vermont in Buffalo. Alabama likely in second round, and then Arizona is the 1 seed.
Baylor as our one, but you’re right. I’m Buffalo which is very nice.

At this day and age, there’s so much parity that every team in the tournament is quality. The team we play will no doubt be good enough to beat us on their day, so I’m not gonna fret about it now.

I would take this imaginary draw in a heartbeat - assuming we can best VT, we get the chance to have that game with Alabama we should’ve given them last year. Respect for Oats, but they’ve been quite inconsistent this year. Think they would’ve blasted us in 2021, but I’d like our chances now. And Baylor has no front court. Don’t get me wrong, they’re very very good, but they’re one of the top echelon teams I think we’d stand the best chance against due to their injuries.

Reaction Score
Baylor as our one, but you’re right. I’m Buffalo which is very nice.

At this day and age, there’s so much parity that every team in the tournament is quality. The team we play will no doubt be good enough to beat us on their day, so I’m not gonna fret about it now.

I would take this imaginary draw in a heartbeat - assuming we can best VT, we get the chance to have that game with Alabama we should’ve given them last year. Respect for Oats, but they’ve been quite inconsistent this year. Think they would’ve blasted us in 2021, but I’d like our chances now. And Baylor has no front court. Don’t get me wrong, they’re very very good, but they’re one of the top echelon teams I think we’d stand the best chance against due to their injuries.
Ah yeah, I did get the wrong #1 seed. Thanks for pointing that out. Not sure which #1 seed I prefer. Arizona plays in a weak league and has had some baffling performances, but I think I prefer the way we match up with Baylor. I despise both programs equally I think, though the new iteration of Arizona isn't as hateable. Gonzaga is the hardest team to beat, but would be the most fun to be matched up against I think.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom