Bracketology | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bracketology

Reaction Score
Bracket matrix is looking much better as of todays update. No one has us lower than a 6 anymore and lots of 4s and 5s. On average we are a 5 with only Texas ahead of us for the next 4.

Reaction Score
If Chattanooga gets the auto bid I would want to no part of that team on the #13 line.

I think with De Sousa returning last night it gives the Moc's that additional big to go along with arguably one of the top 3 mid-major back courts in the country.

It will be interesting to see if UTC gets in what damage they can do.

Reaction Score
If Chattanooga gets the auto bid I would want to no part of that team on the #13 line.

I think with De Sousa returning last night it gives the Moc's that additional big to go along with arguably one of the top 3 mid-major back courts in the country.

It will be interesting to see if UTC gets in what damage they can do.

1.jpg

Reaction Score
The Athletic released an update, have us as a 5 in the midwest. 1st and 2nd rd in San Diego

4 UCLA vs 13 Vermont
5 UConn vs 12 Memphis or 12 Indiana (First Four)
Not a fan of this. Memphis in the first round would be fun, but playing a really talented team that underachieved early and is playing much better lately isn't ideal. Then UCLA in San Diego for Round 2 is miserable.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The Athletic released an update, have us as a 5 in the midwest. 1st and 2nd rd in San Diego

4 UCLA vs 13 Vermont
5 UConn vs 12 Memphis or 12 Indiana (First Four)
So basically they once again want us in a scenario similar to facing Ohio St in Cincinnati, Texas in San Antonio, Florida in Miami, UNC in Greensboro.

They did somewhat balance it out with MSG in 2014 and I wouldn't mind another game against the garden gnome.

Reaction Score
I also hate the first four the 12 seed is coming off a W with momentum
Taking into account bid-stealers, the at-large play-ins tend to be 11 seeds by seasons end. I agree, we need to do what we can to avoid those matchups

Reaction Score
So basically they once again want us in a scenario similar to facing Ohio St in Cincinnati, Texas in San Antonio, Florida in Miami, UNC in Greensboro.

They did somewhat balance it out with MSG in 2014 and I wouldn't mind another game against the garden gnome.
It's a reminder of the benefits of a top 4 seed, and really why you want a top 3 seed. Certainly doable, though still unlikely.

Reaction Score
It's a reminder of the benefits of a top 4 seed, and really why you want a top 3 seed. Certainly doable, though still unlikely.
While it is fun to project, you guys do realize that these predictions mean zilch and are almost always pretty far off other than predicting the top seeds. Can’t wait for selection Sunday.

Reaction Score
Getting to a 4 seed would be important to be able to play the first two rounds in either Buffalo or Pittsburgh and have fans be able to drive there. Right now, the only teams probably ahead of us that I can see wanting to play there would be Duke (maybe), 'Nova, Providence and Ohio State. Being ranked ahead of Ohio State at the end of the conference tourneys also becomes critical.

Fun to think about brackets, but at this point that is just science fiction.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
We need at least a three seed if we want to make a run in March. That requires we win out the regular season and two games in the BET.

Reaction Score
We need at least a three seed if we want to make a run in March. That requires we win out the regular season and two games in the BET.
We won the championship in 2014 as a 7 seed. So, seeding matters -- but it's not everything. I'm more concerned with how we're playing leading up to the tournament. If we continue to play well, we can beat absolutely anyone - no matter what our seeding might be.

Reaction Score
Lunardi updated his bracket.

We are a 5 seed in Buffalo facing Slick Rick and Iona in the first round. Ohio State / Toledo for Round 2 and Gonzaga is our 1 seed.

Iona is an exceptionally good mid-major and obviously going against a Hall-of-Famer in Round 1 is not ideal. I saw them play in person @ Quinnipiac recently and they have legit size, as well as big and experienced guards. Would be a fun match-up but not an easy win.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Tried to post to Lunardi’s most recent bracket for its but the BY blocked me. I’ll try to post later

Reaction Score

We won the entire thing as a 7-seed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom