Bracketology | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Bracketology

Reaction Score
Ah yeah, I did get the wrong #1 seed. Thanks for pointing that out. Not sure which #1 seed I prefer. Arizona plays in a weak league and has had some baffling performances, but I think I prefer the way we match up with Baylor. I despise both programs equally I think, though the new iteration of Arizona isn't as hateable. Gonzaga is the hardest team to beat, but would be the most fun to be matched up against I think.

Agreed. I don't trust a pac12 team.

I think the way Sanogo has played can match us up with any team in the country. He's been very smart and outside of last game has stayed out of foul trouble down the stretch. RJ stirs the drink but for the tournament we need Sanogo to be great if we want to go anywhere.

Reaction Score

UConn moves into the rankings following its home win over Villanova on Tuesday and its road victory at Georgetown on Sunday afternoon. The Huskies have now won five in a row and 11 of their last 14 games, to give them a real chance at a top-four seed come Selection Sunday. Contrary to some past Dan Hurley-coached teams, this season's iteration is led by its offense. UConn has a top-20 offense nationally and the second-ranked offensive unit in the Big East. The Huskies are elite on the offensive glass and are one of the best 3-point shooting teams in the league. Over their last four games, they've scored at least 1.06 points per possession in each game, making at least 41.7% of their 3-pointers in each of their last 3 games. According to Bart Torvik's metrics, they're No. 11 in the country in adjusted offensive efficiency over that stretch.

never would have guessed we'd end up as such a good offensive team based on how the season started. i guess hurley stopped running his highschool JV level sets??

Last edited:
Reaction Score
never would have guessed we'd end up as such a good offensive team based on how the season started. i guess hurley stopped running his highschool JV level sets??
We're seeing a combination of Hurley's continued development as a HC as well as Luke Murray's impact on this team. His selling points when we hired him were offensive X's & O's and elite recruiting. We have yet to see the latter, but it's his first season. I think we're seeing a big effect that Murray has had on this team and the offense

Reaction Score
Reminder that we have some real dinguses here
A43DA537-B7BD-499B-BC43-23B8AAC3A5A9.png

Reaction Score
Interesting situation with the fringe 4 seeds here. Even after a tough loss on the road to Creighton, Alabama, who Lunardi has just behind us on the 5 line, got embarrassed at home, and Arkansas, who Lunardi had as the last 4 seed, with us right behind them, is down at home vs LSU who is 8-8 in conference. So, IF Arkansas loses, we have easily the best loss of the 3, so either we are still next in line for the 4 seed, or we are still the last 4 seed after tonight. Unless he moves Texas or Houston ahead of all 3 of the teams mentioned above.

Other teams definitely helping us and making the Creighton loss potentially not sting quite as bad.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
We are a 5 seed right now. We need to win against DePaul and the BET quarterfinal to get a #4 seed. Get to the final (win or lose) and we are a 3 seed. I think a 2 seed is out now.

Reaction Score
We are a 5 seed right now. We need to win against DePaul and the BET quarterfinal to get a #4 seed. Get to the final (win or lose) and we are a 3 seed. I think a 2 seed is out now.
I think a 4, 5, 6 seed are all in play depending what others do. Beat DePaul then 5 seed probably the floor. Would say 3 seed a stretch unless win BE tourney.

Reaction Score
2 was never in play really. We don’t have the resume.

Reaction Score
Even this is too optimistic.

This loss takes a 3 seed off the table, even if we run the table in the BET, barring a slew of upsets. A 2 was never happening.

4-0 would be a slam-dunk 4 seed with an outside chance at a 3 if everything goes right.
3-1 (BET finals) should be enough for a 4 seed (assuming a win over Providence or Nova and not, like, Butler), but could still be a 5.
2-1 (BET semis) or 2-2 (lose to Depaul, but make BET finals) probably treads water as a 5, though a 6 wouldn't surprise me.
1-1 (beat Depaul, lose BET quarters), 1-2 (lose to Depaul, lose BET semis) is probably a 6.
0-2 could fall all the way to a 7.

Pretty disappointing given that winning tonight and vs. Depaul would have had us getting major buzz heading into championship week, with a floor as a 5 seed and a 3 seed very doable.

shizzle787

Reaction Score

This loss takes a 3 seed off the table, even if we run the table in the BET, barring a slew of upsets. A 2 was never happening.

4-0 would be a slam-dunk 4 seed with an outside chance at a 3 if everything goes right.
3-1 (BET finals) should be enough for a 4 seed (assuming a win over Providence or Nova and not, like, Butler), but could still be a 5.
2-1 (BET semis) or 2-2 (lose to Depaul, but make BET finals) probably treads water as a 5, though a 6 wouldn't surprise me.
1-1 (beat Depaul, lose BET quarters), 1-2 (lose to Depaul, lose BET semis) is probably a 6.

Pretty disappointing given that winning tonight and vs. Depaul would have had us getting major buzz heading into championship week, with a floor as a 5 seed and a 3 seed very doable.
If we are 25-8 and BET champions, we will have gained 3 Q1 wins; we should be a 3 seed. Right now, we are probably around #19 on the S curve. We will need to pass 7 teams. If we go 4-0 the rest of the way, we will pass 7 teams. Looking at the math, if we lose in the BET final, I do think we'll be a 4 seed. 3-1 would get us to at least 16 on the S Curve. A loss in the semifinal (if to Providence) might not really hurt us but that will land us right on the 4/5 cut line. A loss in the first game probably puts us on the 5/6 cut line. I expect to beat DePaul so I won't go into that scenario.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Here is where I have the BET teams (seed-wise) as of right now:
Villanova-2
Providence-3
UConn-5
Seton Hall-7
Marquette-8
Creighton-9
Xavier-11

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score

wait, wait, wait a minute. hoad up.
'This loss takes a 3 seed off the table,'
but later we find,
'... with an outside chance at a 3 if everything goes right.'
explain urself! (jk)
i'd like to think that, right now, the possibility of walking into the kitchen,
and after bringing the prime rib and baked potatos to the dining room table, the Selectors may choose to bring out a big bowl of us next, iffn things go the right way.
we're already way ahead of the sauteed brussel sprouts and baked cauliflower with bread crumbs choices. everybody knows that the only reason they exist is delusional cooks who think that they belong on a table. hey vegetablenarians! ain't no one bringing ur stuff out first!

Reaction Score

Rutgers possibly R1...
Rutgers/Houston/Baylor I'd sign up for that today. 3 rock fights but I don't really see any of those teams having a clear advantage over us. Baylor is legit of course but it's hard to repeat as champs so they're bound to lose before the Final Four, so why not to us...

Reaction Score
jeeze why do we get the strongest 12. gimme north texas/south dakota/chatanooga not a rutgers team that's beat like 5 top 20 teams.

Reaction Score
As of this morning Palm has UConn as a 5 also. Against Iona. I want nothing to do with Pitino so I hope that doesn't happen. And as someone just said the seeds could be right but the matchups are hardly ever right. There are a lot of games left to be played anyway. Just win, baby.

Reaction Score
jeeze why do we get the strongest 12. gimme north texas/south dakota/chatanooga not a rutgers team that's beat like 5 top 20 teams.
I also don't want a play-in team. Too many of them win their next game.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
With our defense and rebounding I much prefer mid major matchups too high major. I would take Iona (even with Pitino) over a bubble high major.

Reaction Score
This is why it's important to get up to the 4 line instead of the 5, and why the loss to Creighton hurts.

As it stands, we're looking at likely playing the hotter of two teams surging into the bracket instead of a likely overmatched automatic qualifier.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Not that Lunardi ever gets matchups right, but his current bracket has one absolutely delicious gem of a R1 game on it: Providence vs Iona.

Winner of a Rutgers v Loyola Chicago game gets us. So might be facing Pikiell in R1, but at least it won't be on Rutty's campus where they're almost unbeatable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom