Big East Transfers | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Big East Transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm curious to see how many Creighton players are gonna bail now that they're out.
I think more than one. They already have a bunch of seniors leaving with the possibility of Marcus Zegarowski leaving and a really great recruit decommitting. I’m so intrigued to see what their roster looks like next year.

Im sure they’ll be fine, but it’s gonna be an interesting off season for that team.

Reaction Score

This is the 6th or 7th transfer from St. john’s. I don’t know exactly how many. No clue what’s going on there.

Edit: I think I meant 6 or 7 open scholarship, not transfers. I can’t find the exact number of people who left, but either way they have a ton of spots to fill now.

Edit part 2: John Fanta confirmed there are a total of 6 SJU players in the portal.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Re: St. John's transfers

Wow. The only NYC kids were/are Posh, Champagnie, Dunn, Addae-Wusu.

So...there was jealousy amongst four of the best players on the team? Please.

If true, the players who transferred are babies. Why wouldn't the local kids be treated well for staying local and play for St. John's?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Does this mean there is a chance of returning to Marquette? I saw something on the Syracuse board about the chance of him ending up there because he has some friends there or something
He chose Cuse, over Albany and Wake lol

Reaction Score
Re: St. John's transfers

Posh and Champegnie would have gotten all the attention on that team no matter where they’re from. They are the two best players. This just makes zero sense.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
At this point we’re all in favor of reinstating the 1 year sit rule right? This is insanity. There’s going to be a bunch of kids who end up without scholarships.

Reaction Score
At this point we’re all in favor of reinstating the 1 year sit rule right? This is insanity.
I for one love it. (Not the musical chairs downside).

Mostly because Hurley is a relationship guy at heart. This is great for us.

And it's so much easier/better to follow than recruiting, which is always a bit weird to be obsessing over the whims of high school juniors and their top 13 lists in a 2 year recruiting courtship.

Give me a flurry of portal entrants and a couple weeks to decide and good stats from reliable websites and plentiful film that isn't just a mixtape. Either way, this year will be the craziest because of the pent up demand and the extra year for seniors.

Reaction Score
At this point we’re all in favor of reinstating the 1 year sit rule right? This is insanity. There’s going to be a bunch of kids who end up without scholarships.
I have no issue with it, build relationships with your players and it's a non-issue. I don't think you'll see as many next year because the pool of available players is smaller. This is 4 years worth of players all at once, next year all these kids already used their free transfer so you'll have freshman and the small group of returning players where something changed

Reaction Score
Seems like every other team is self destructing besides us........Should we be scared

Reaction Score
It will need be rethought for sure. I'm sure their intentions were good but it was shortsighted. This is just free agency which leads to non-stop tampering and dirty money.

Reaction Score
This year is likely to be a one-year anomaly given how many players will use their free year next season and doing so via the transfer portal.

It will need be rethought for sure. I'm sure their intentions were good but it was shortsighted. This is just free agency which leads to non-stop tampering and dirty money.
The real potential for tampering is definitely something that will need to be addressed. I like the idea of players having more freedom, but it can't involve other teams poaching players from another roster.

That said, I'm 100% against moving back to the blanket sit one year rule.

Reaction Score
Reports from Nova about Swider were all positive. Cole was very well liked, team first attitude, worked hard and comes from a really supportive family. He just had some limitations that indicated he would likely lose a lot of playing time, given Nova’s roster etc. Easy kid to root for. Cannot blame the kid for wanting to play basketball.

I think Patriot, A-10 or Ivy would be a good spot.

Reaction Score
Reports from Nova about Swider were all positive. Cole was very well liked, team first attitude, worked hard and comes from a really supportive family. He just had some limitations that indicated he would likely lose a lot of playing time, given Nova’s roster etc. Easy kid to root for. Cannot blame the kid for wanting to play basketball.

I think Patriot, A-10 or Ivy would be a good spot.
You're nuts. He's going to go very high major. 6'9" 40% 3pt shooters who can pass and play intelligently don't grow on trees. Nova played him out of position on defense out of necessity. He will transfer to a P5 with a different roster situation.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know what happened to Jaylen Blakes? I remember we were involved at some point and according to 247 he is still available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom