Big East Transfers | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Big East Transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
At this point we’re all in favor of reinstating the 1 year sit rule right? This is insanity. There’s going to be a bunch of kids who end up without scholarships.
Last summer when they were talking about the 1 time transfer for free rule being passed I said I didn't like it because it was going to cause a mess. There were plenty of posters who said it was the right thing to do. It will cause a mess. Some teams will handle it better than others. Going to be interesting.

Also, the extra year of eligibility is adding to this because seniors who have played 4 years already are transferring, so it won't be this crazy starting next year.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Reports from Nova about Swider were all positive. Cole was very well liked, team first attitude, worked hard and comes from a really supportive family. He just had some limitations that indicated he would likely lose a lot of playing time, given Nova’s roster etc. Easy kid to root for. Cannot blame the kid for wanting to play basketball.

I think Patriot, A-10 or Ivy would be a good spot.
Hmmmm, yeah that's not why he transferred. He doesn't think he's getting the PT needed to prove himself and he's being limited to a spot-up 3 shooter. No way Patriot or Ivy. I'd say a school like Cuse that plays zone might be a fit. He liked Xavier and Providence as well but not sure about going to a BE school.

Reaction Score
You're nuts. He's going to go very high major. 6'9" 40% 3pt shooters who can pass and play intelligently don't grow on trees. Nova played him out of position on defense out of necessity. He will transfer to a P5 with a different roster situation.

Oh I May very well be generally nuts. But I might be right right, here. I assume he wants to play. Ok i guess if he ended up at a school like Boston College, it would not shock me.

Reaction Score
the Syracuse thing with zone might not be a terrible call. But he got plenty of PT. He played nearly half the game.
He got less late in season and was likely going to get less with a healthier roster. I wish him well. Great kid, by all accounts. wish him the best

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
the Syracuse thing with zone might not be a terrible call. But he got plenty of PT. He got less late in season and was likely going to get less with a healthier roster. I wish him well. Great kid, by all accounts.
His minutes went up (a little) each year. I can understand that Wright did not like his D and maybe he'd get less minutes, not really measurable now. The thought was that he was being limited on offense and if he got more time/freedom he could have shown more value despite the D. I think BC wouldn't be the worst option for him - but for a top 50 recruit with offers from much more prestigious programs, it's a tough pill to swallow. They're a great family, his sister is still at Nova as well. And his brother is a 6'10" hs freshman.

Last edited:

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
These kids transferring aren’t even the benchwarmers, I mean they are transferring too, but it’s like starters who are transferring. Imagine if like Sanogo or Cole transferred? We’d be melting down. Absolutely WILD. Have to think the lack of enjoyment of last season due to the covid protocols is playing at least some part. If you’re locked in your dorm or a hotel unable to socialize, no fans, etc a kid can quickly become depressed. Maybe even overthink some things.

With all the reschuffling going on and graduation turnover at the top of the conference we may enter next year as the favorites or near the top.

Reaction Score
oof, tough loss for Creighton.
After McDermott’s major screw up, there was no way there weren’t going to be major casualties for them.

I told my brother if i was the AD I would have fired him.

i do think he is a really good coach whom based off the words of his own players, I believe isn’t a bad person and I’m sure he cares for his players.

But that was such a dreadful and stupid mistake. Such a poor choice in language, and i don’t understand how that came out of his mouth.

Creighton will be paying for that mistake for a few years, and it will show on their record and on the recruiting trail for them unfortunately.

I would have kicked him out and started fresh. Just my opinion

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Is every conference dealing with this massive flight, or just the Big East?

Reaction Score
After McDermott’s major screw up, there was no way there weren’t going to be major casualties for them.

I told my brother if i was the AD I would have fired him.

i do think he is a really good coach whom based off the words of his own players, I believe isn’t a bad person and I’m sure he cares for his players.

But that was such a dreadful and stupid mistake. Such a poor choice in language, and i don’t understand how that came out of his mouth.

Creighton will be paying for that mistake for a few years, and it will show on their record and on the recruiting trail for them unfortunately.

I would have kicked him out and started fresh. Just my opinion
You’re 100% correct. They will be paying for this for a while.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I kind of feel like Bishop is an April fools day joke. Jeesh. That guy was going to be a contender for BE POY

Reaction Score
That’s a huge loss for creighton. They have (I think) 3 senior starters leaving too in Washington, Mahoney, and Ballock. Unless one of them decides to come back. They are going to need to add some GOOD pieces in the off season.

Edit: I meant Jefferson, not Washington. I think I got it mixed up with Denzel Washington LMAO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01