Big East Transfers | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Big East Transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is every conference dealing with this massive flight, or just the Big East?
There are currently 1124 players in the portal and we haven't even finished the tournament.

Last season there were a total 1026 by the start of the 19-20 season.

So yeah, it's everywhere. The Big East isn't being affected any worse than any other conference, as far as I know.

Reaction Score

Certainly helps with the mass exodus

Sure, as long as he stops chucking up threes.

Career 50.4 2p%, 28.0 3p% and about 2/3rd of his shots are from 3.

At Purdue, the post was occupied by Haarms and Williams, so at St. John's he'll be able to play where he plays best: on the blocks.

Reaction Score

Good. I know Providence can be that annoying pesky younger brother that you need to smack every now an then, but I want the Big East to be strong. I always show love to the Big East teams, especially in the NCAA tournament. The only exception is of course if they play against UConn or if UConn is competing with them for recruits or transfers.

Reaction Score
This year is likely to be a one-year anomaly given how many players will use their free year next season and doing so via the transfer portal.

The real potential for tampering is definitely something that will need to be addressed. I like the idea of players having more freedom, but it can't involve other teams poaching players from another roster.

That said, I'm 100% against moving back to the blanket sit one year rule.
I am with you on this. I don't know what the solution is. I don't think it's fair to apply the one year rule, like you said, when coaches can leave at will. But if people thought shady money exchanges were happening in college basketball before, and they were, it will only get worse now with the transferring.

Again, I don't know what the solution is, maybe some kind of hybrid like they can't start playing for their new team until January? I don't know.

Reaction Score
After McDermott’s major screw up, there was no way there weren’t going to be major casualties for them.

I told my brother if i was the AD I would have fired him.

i do think he is a really good coach whom based off the words of his own players, I believe isn’t a bad person and I’m sure he cares for his players.

But that was such a dreadful and stupid mistake. Such a poor choice in language, and i don’t understand how that came out of his mouth.

Creighton will be paying for that mistake for a few years, and it will show on their record and on the recruiting trail for them unfortunately.

I would have kicked him out and started fresh. Just my opinion
Yeah, Bishop is only a Junior, too.

By all accounts his a salt of the earth type guy according to Gus Johnson who has known him for over a decade. But they already lost the #34 recruit in the nation (according to ESPN rankings)

"Creighton will be paying for that mistake for a few years, and it will show on their record and on the recruiting trail for them unfortunately."

It ultimately comes down to wins and losses and if this mistake ends up costing them talent which leads to more losses, he will be gone. I had no anger at him when his poor choice of words occurred. I was disappointed and sad to be honest. But ultimately the players' opinions are what count the most.

Reaction Score
That’s a huge loss for creighton. They have (I think) 3 senior starters leaving too in Washington, Mahoney, and Ballock. Unless one of them decides to come back. They are going to need to add some GOOD pieces in the off season.
Damien Jefferson is a senior, too. He is good enough to make money in high level league in Europe provided COVID doesn't restrict the league operations too much. I don't think Jefferson comes back next year to play college ball.

Reaction Score
Damien Jefferson is a senior, too. He is good enough to make money in high level league in Europe provided COVID doesn't restrict the league operations too much. I don't think Jefferson comes back next year to play college ball.
i messed up big time on that post. There is no one on the team named Washington. I was definitely thinking about Denzel Washington LOL.

Yes, seniors are Jefferson, Ballock, Mahoney.

Also Alex O’Connell but it was assumed this was like a red shirt year for him, so he should be coming back. Zegarowski could leave for the draft, but not sure if he would.

Reaction Score

From Manhattan to DePaul to potentially West Virginia in three years is a pretty impressive climb.

Tough as nails worker and on the defensive end, there's a lot of Whaley in his game: a 6'8 225 forward who showed he can protect the rim in the Big East (1.3 b/gm, compared to 1.9 b/game at Manhattan) and rebound (his rebounds per game dipped just 6.6 to 6.1 from a one-year change from Manhattan to DePaul.

Hard working, energetic defensive forwards with some post-offense have a spot in nearly any team in the NCAA. Paulicap was one of my favorite Big East players this year.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

From Manhattan to DePaul to potentially West Virginia in three years is a pretty impressive climb.

Tough as nails worker and on the defensive end, there's a lot of Whaley in his game: a 6'8 225 forward who showed he can protect the rim in the Big East (1.3 b/gm, compared to 1.9 b/game at Manhattan) and rebound (his rebounds per game dipped just 6.6 to 6.1 from a one-year change from Manhattan to DePaul.

Hard working, energetic defensive forwards with some post-offense have a spot in nearly any team in the NCAA. Paulicap was one of my favorite Big East players this year.

WVU would be a huge mistake. Paulicap was not exactly dominant at Depaul. How much PT is he going to get for a Top 10-15 team?

Reaction Score
WVU would be a huge mistake. Paulicap was not exactly dominant at Depaul. How much PT is he going to get for a Top 10-15 team?
My first thought is that he'd take the Gabe Osabuohien role as the energetic defensive big off the bench, but I just checked and learned that Osabuohien is returning for another season.

On that note, yeah you're right.

Reaction Score

Plenty of reasons to transfer other than maximizing playing time. Huggins is a helluva coach. WVU should be really good next year. Maybe he is perfectly fine playing 10 min a game . Maybe he just really loves West Virginia. ok theres no way that one is true.

Reaction Score
Curious how many of the guys in the transfer portal will be without a D1 spot next season. We have the 5th year seniors and obviously all incoming freshman. There simply can’t be enough D1 scholarships for 1-1.5K transfers.

Reaction Score

Wow, between Nate Johnson and Scruggs, Xavier has been very fortunate that these two are sticking around for a 5th year.

The team is returning five of their top scorers: Freemantle (16.1p), Scruggs (14.0), Johnson (11.4), Jones (7.7) and Kunkel (7.0).

Between Nova and UConn, they'll be in the running for the top team in the Big East next season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01