Big East Transfers | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Big East Transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Creighton in shambles. Have now lost their best recruit and two starters.

Wow. I thought his stats were very respectable, he's done some solid work here, but it's not quite Ivy League now is it. I think he's a great athlete but I didn't think he was NBA material.

Reaction Score
Creighton in shambles. Have now lost their best recruit and two starters.

To be fair, he's graduating in May.

Looking at 21-22, Creighton will be, at best, the 5th best team in the Big East. Jefferson/Mahoney/Ballock all graduate plus who knows what happens to Zegarowski. Nova, UConn, Seton Hall and Xavier are all ahead as of how rosters look in April.

Despite that talent leaving, just one of their three '20 players played last season (Kalkbrenner) and their '21 class is still good despite losing Washington. In a sense, their '21 class is almost like a five-man group if you include the two injured guys from '20 (#66 Andronikashvili and #155 Kancleris).

It'll be a rebuilding year, but if Kalbrenner develops, we see more out of Mitchell and three of the five new '21 players look like keepers, 22-23 could be the start of another good grouping of years for Creighton.

Reaction Score

Not exactly transfer news but big BE news. Definitely saw this one coming for them. Seems like it was the plan all along. Now I guess they wait to see if Gillespie chooses to use his extra year.

Reaction Score
Thank god JRE is gone lol. Top 3 next year will be UConn, SHU, and Nova. If Gillespie leaves then I think 1st is ours to lose. But I think he comes back unless he wants to make $ in Europe

Reaction Score
Thank god JRE is gone lol. Top 3 next year will be UConn, SHU, and Nova. If Gillespie leaves then I think 1st is ours to lose. But I think he comes back unless he wants to make $ in Europe
Where are points coming from to be #1 in big east...

Reaction Score
The league will definitely not be as strong at the top next season, but I think the middle tier will be improved.

Big East probably starts the year expecting UConn, Nova, SHU, and Xavier to make the Big Dance. After that, you hope one of Butler, Providence, or St. John's can figure out how to sneak in on the bubble.

Probably looking at a 3-5 bid league in 2021-2022 unless significant movement happens in transfer market or more than one team makes massive leap.

Reaction Score

Surprised he left Iowa with Garza gone. Would have walked into a starting gig.

Nunge grew on me as the season went on. Hard working big with some skill. Will be a nice piece for Xavier backing up Freemantle or even starting at the 4 with a two-big lineup.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The league will definitely not be as strong at the top next season, but I think the middle tier will be improved.

Big East probably starts the year expecting UConn, Nova, SHU, and Xavier to make the Big Dance. After that, you hope one of Butler, Providence, or St. John's can figure out how to sneak in on the bubble.

Probably looking at a 3-5 bid league in 2021-2022 unless significant movement happens in transfer market or more than one team makes massive leap.
That’s a fair assessment, really think the Big East needs to get 5 in this year tho. Hopefully one of those PC, St John’s, maybe even Marquette teams can sneak in there.

just a hunch, but it seems like CG and maybe even Samuels will come back. They lose JRE but if they get CG back and add a transfer big like Tre Mitchell or another impact big transfer, they’re a top team again. Would not be surprised to see them land a really good big now that JRE is gone.

Reaction Score
Surprised he left Iowa with Garza gone. Would have walked into a starting gig.

Nunge grew on me as the season went on. Hard working big with some skill. Will be a nice piece for Xavier backing up Freemantle or even starting at the 4 with a two-big lineup.
His dad died this year and I believe he just wanted to play somewhere a little closer to home.

Reaction Score
We definitely had tons of firepower on the perimeter without bouknight last year?
No but players improve and we are bringing in significant talent. Bouknight is one of the most talented players we ever had but with his injury and poor play at the very end we never got the best out of him. He was unstoppable offensively in some games but he struggled with his outside shot shooting 29% from three and I think the team was sometimes caught standing around watching what he did and he didn't generate a lot of scoring off the pass.

Reaction Score
We definitely had tons of firepower on the perimeter without bouknight last year?
You’re right, there’s never been a player in history that improved their 3pt shooting during the offseason. In fact, I think most players get worse :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
You’re right, there’s never been a player in history that improved their 3pt shooting during the offseason. In fact, I think most players get worse :rolleyes:
Who’s shooting 40% next year hahahahahahaha

Reaction Score
Well, Cole was at 39 this year so i would guess he's probably the leader in the clubhouse. hahahahahahahahaha
I think that guy wants us to play poorly just so he can say I told you so lmao. What a loser

Reaction Score

Hope he signs with Butler. Between Aaron Thompson returning for a 5th year and the possibility of Stevenson coming in, Butler would be a fun team to hate. Two talented, but easily to dislike players.

However, between Thompson/Bolden returning for a 5th year and Chuck Harris being one of the best freshmen in the Big East, I don't see him committing there.

My bet would be BYU. Their starting backcourt of Averette and Barcello are graduating.

Reaction Score

Hope he signs with Butler. Between Aaron Thompson returning for a 5th year and the possibility of Stevenson coming in, Butler would be a fun team to hate. Two talented, but easily to dislike players.

However, between Thompson/Bolden returning for a 5th year and Chuck Harris being one of the best freshmen in the Big East, I don't see him committing there.

My bet would be BYU. Their starting backcourt of Averette and Barcello are graduating.

Can’t sleep with anyone at BYU though without getting suspended. Butler is the choice here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom