Big East Transfers | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Big East Transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Manhattan now with three former Big East players (Josh Roberts and Anthony Nelson). Team also has former UMass forward Samba Diallo.

Must have been real dominant players. Start at Gardener-Webb and finish at Manhattan. Sounds about right.

Reaction Score

Averaged 13.1p, 9.9r, 2.2a, 1.2b, 56.1 fg% in 29.6 mpg at McNeese. Averaged 10.6 mpg in his last year at Mississippi State.

Ryan Kalkbrenner (top-90 '20 recruit, 7'0 235, 13.8 mpg as a freshman) will be given a chance to earn the starting big spot, but prior to signing Feazell, the big depth was sketchy. Incoming senior Jacob Epperson hasn't maintained a steady and their remaining forwards aren't true bigs.

I'm curious to see how McDermott designs his lineups this season. Does he continue to mostly play lineups with five shooters? Hard to see with Kalkbrenner/Feazell/Epperson all traditional post players and Kaluma not known for hit shot.

So many ???s on this team, but certainly a potential to still be a solid middle-of-the-road Big East team.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Now SEVEN of their top eight minutes guys from last year are transferring. That's 88% of their scoring.

Kalkbrenner (13.8 mpg) and Mitchell (14.4 mpg) are their only two returning players who averaged more than 5 mpg last season. I'd expect three freshmen to start for them next season (Nembhard, Kaluma and Miller).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not a transfer, but it is pretty weird how everyone from last year's team and best recruit didn't want to play for McDermott anymore, yet has the #5 class for 2021

He's a good coach who had his program on a serious upward trajectory, they play in a huge arena with one of the best crowds in college hoops. Thankfully these kids didn't fall into the trap of judging a good person off of one word he said and instead looked at the entire picture.

Reaction Score
Not a transfer, but it is pretty weird how everyone from last year's team and best recruit didn't want to play for McDermott anymore, yet has the #5 class for 2021

When you look at last years Creighton Team, four starters decided to go Pro (NBA/Europe). They would have all used up their eligibility if it was not for COVID. You do not want to be 25 years old when starting your pro career.

Zegarowski (hopes to be drafted)
Ballock (played four years in college)
Jefferson (was in college five years, New Mexico Transfer)
Mahoney (was in college five years, SE Missouri State Transfer)

Two Transfered:
Bishop (wanted to play somewhere he could shot form the outside and not play the five anymore.)
Jones ( only played a few minutes in the NCAA tournament. To much new competition coming to town?)

Epperson-Retired due to many injuries.

I do not believe this was a mass exodus from Creighton. Just players who had accomplished what the set out to do and wanted to move on to the pro game or work on their pro game (Bishop).

Reaction Score

And neither of the '21 commits scream one- or two-year pro prospects, so a good chance to develop a heck of a new foundation in 311 country.

Reaction Score
I will be completely honest I thought Coach Mac would need to step aside b/c I didn't think he would be able to recruit at a Big East level going forward. Appears that I was completely wrong about that so far.

According to 24/7 Kaluma, Nembhard, Miller, and Alexander are the 4 highest ranked recruits Creighton has ever landed. All in the same class. Obviously, 24/7 wasn't around back in the day to rank Paul Silas or Benoit Benjamin, but whatever.

I have no idea what this team looks like next year and putting together almost an entirely new roster means growing pains, but on paper, it will be as talented as CU has ever been. Excited to see what all the new faces can do.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
247 updated '21 class rankings:

7) Creighton
14) UConn
16) Georgetown
18) Marquette
20) Villanova
29) Seton Hall
52) Xavier
53) DePaul
60) Bulter
62) St. John's
65) Providence

This is really impressive for the conference.

Reaction Score
Now SEVEN of their top eight minutes guys from last year are transferring. That's 88% of their scoring.

Kalkbrenner (13.8 mpg) and Mitchell (14.4 mpg) are their only two returning players who averaged more than 5 mpg last season. I'd expect three freshmen to start for them next season (Nembhard, Kaluma and Miller).
I’m really curious to see how Creighton’s season goes next year. It’s extremely hard to predict because it’s an entirely new team. As you mentioned, losing 88% of scoring, but bringing in a really really impressive class. It’s an interesting dynamic for them. I have no clue how I would rank them for next season in the conference, for me it’s just going to be a wait and see. If these guys stick around they will competing for the top of the conference a couple years down the road.

Reaction Score
I will be completely honest I thought Coach Mac would need to step aside b/c I didn't think he would be able to recruit at a Big East level going forward. Appears that I was completely wrong about that so far.

According to 24/7 Kaluma, Nembhard, Miller, and Alexander are the 4 highest ranked recruits Creighton has ever landed. All in the same class. Obviously, 24/7 wasn't around back in the day to rank Paul Silas or Benoit Benjamin, but whatever.

I have no idea what this team looks like next year and putting together almost an entirely new roster means growing pains, but on paper, it will be as talented as CU has ever been. Excited to see what all the new faces can do.
What about Rati and Kanclris the international recruits from last season, any word

Reaction Score

damn i guess he is upset about the big east/big 12 matchups

Jones to Louisiana.

BIG offseason for Louisiana. Their leading scorer Cedric Russell (17.2 ppg) is returning for a fifth year and they added St. John's Greg Williams and San Jose State's Jalen Dalcourt (9.6 ppg).

If they get waivers, former top-20 prospect Jordan Brown transfers in, as well does Jones.

After being a complete afterthought, the Sun Belt was a fun conference to watch last year and will continue to be so this year: Coastal Carolina, Georgia State, South Alabama, Appalachian State, Louisiana, Texas State are all capable, competitive teams.

Reaction Score

Already posted this link, but the article has been updated. Super worth the read for the Big East. The conference still has a few notable players in limbo. I was under the impression that David Duke already made his decision that he was not returning to PC, but this article says it’s still up in the air, so I am not 100% sure in that.

Reaction Score
Already posted this link, but the article has been updated. Super worth the read for the Big East. The conference still has a few notable players in limbo. I was under the impression that David Duke already made his decision that he was not returning to PC, but this article says it’s still up in the air, so I am not 100% sure in that.
Probably just needs to be updated

Reaction Score

Seems like an odd pickup for a Big East team. Not ranked and his offers are meager (Drake, Florida Atlantic, McNeese State, Canisius, SIUE, Mount St. Mary's).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom