Big East Transfers | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Big East Transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
The best part is that Pitt fans were convinced that scheduling SJU was a way to ensure Champagnie came back. Whoops!
Lol. Did anyone else get a BR update last week that Efton Reid committed to Pitt. It caught my attention because I thought wtf is a 5 star big doing committing to Pitt. Then the update was retracted 30 seconds later lol. ...and then obv actually committed to LSU

lol brutal

Reaction Score
Lol. Did anyone else get a BR update last week that Efton Reid committed to Pitt. It caught my attention because I thought is a 5 star big doing committing to Pitt. Then the update was retracted 30 seconds later lol. ...and then obv actually committed to LSU

lol brutal
Someone created a fake account on Twitter pretending to be Reid and tweeted he committed to Pitt. It fooled a lot of reporters.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Someone created a fake account on Twitter pretending to be Reid and tweeted he committed to Pitt. It fooled a lot of reporters.

Creating a fake account to mess with a kid’s announcement is pretty weak, but the Pitt schadenfreude is quite strong right now. I thought Capel would be bad but this is a total dumpster fire.

Reaction Score
Creating a fake account to mess with a kid’s announcement is pretty weak, but the Pitt schadenfreude is quite strong right now. I thought Capel would be bad but this is a total dumpster fire.
It was a low starting point and he brought them to somewhat respectability immediately, but yeah his inability to retain the people he did bring in and the decent people who stayed originally nor improve from there is troubling.

Reaction Score
It was a low starting point and he brought them to somewhat respectability immediately, but yeah his inability to retain the people he did bring in and the decent people who stayed originally nor improve from there is troubling.
I gave a look at their 21-22 lineup and if you thought 20-21 was bad, 21-22 is awful.

They're attempting to replace Champagnie/Toney/Johnson (46.6 ppg) along with bigs Coulibaly/Brown (combined 33.5 mpg, 7.7p, 6.5r, 1.7b).

All in all, that's 79% of their scoring that's gone, all but one (Champagnie) who have transferred. Their only incoming talent is Nate Santos, Jamarius Burton and Daniel Oladipo from Oakland.

I forgot which Pittsburgh guy (@storrsroars or @Pgh2Storrs) said it, but arguably Robert Morris has acquired better talent than Pittsburgh this offseason:
  • Ferron Flavors Jr. from Oklahoma State, 6’3 190 grad, 13.5p, 43.9 3p% in 30.4 mpg from Cal Baptist
  • Rasheem Dunn from St. John’s, 6’2 190 grad, 9.4p, 4a, 1.4s in 29 mpg
  • Michael Green III, 5’11 155 junior from Bryant, 16p, 3.7r, 3.7a, 1.3s in 33.9 mpg
  • Justin Winston from Saint Bonaventure, 6’8 225 junior, 8.7p, 3.4r, 33.3 3p% in 20.2 mpg former #312
  • Mattia Acunzo from Toledo, 6’6 225 sophomore, 5.9p, 3.5r, 40.5 3p% in 15 mpg, former #430 prospect
  • Brandon Stone from La Salle, 6’11 200 junior, 9 mpg, 1.3b, former #364 prospect
Possible hyperbole aside, Duquesne should be a better team than Pitt this year.

It'll be between BC and Pitt for the worst team in the ACC.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Complete roster overhaul for MU. They will have 4 returing scholarship players if Garcia decides to return.

Reaction Score
247 updated '21 class rankings:

7) Creighton
14) UConn
16) Georgetown
18) Marquette
20) Villanova
29) Seton Hall
52) Xavier
53) DePaul
60) Bulter
62) St. John's
65) Providence

Impressed that Creighton has such a highly ranked class. McDermott might actually get past the incident and save his job.

Reaction Score
Impressed that Creighton has such a highly ranked class. McDermott might actually get past the incident and save his job.
They were one of the schools willing to give Brian bowen 6 figures I believe. I didn’t follow the Big East then and was shocked they were players in that recruitment one and like that, two. So maybe that’s part of it. But it’s also a good program and looks like a good offensive system to play in as well.

Reaction Score
And they lost #11 ranked TyTy Washington, who decommitted and signed with Kentucky. If they had kept him their class was probably top 5.

Reaction Score
247 updated '21 class rankings:

7) Creighton
14) UConn
16) Georgetown
18) Marquette
20) Villanova
29) Seton Hall
52) Xavier
53) DePaul
60) Bulter
62) St. John's
65) Providence
Villanova would be top 10 as well if Patterson didn't come to campus early last semester. Hardly even played but figure will be better off this year and long term spending those extra months on campus than in high school.

Reaction Score

Obviously this isn’t even close to as bad as losing Wahab, but Ewing continues to have issues getting players to stick around.

Edit: Looks like he’s from Milwaukee so maybe trying to team up with Baldwin

Reaction Score

Obviously this isn’t even close to as bad as losing Wahab, but Ewing continues to have issues getting players to stick around.

Not a shocker with Tre King, a very capable grad transfer, coming in to play the 4 spot.

Reaction Score
Nick pickup for Xavier. At 6'7 215 and shooting 34% from 3, Hunter fits in nicely as a potential starter at the 4 along with Scruggs/Johnson/Jones/Freemantle. At the very least, a very good depth piece at either forward spot.

Reaction Score
Xavier has basically everyone back that played a major role, right? And they're adding shooters and other pieces - how does that work lol? Won't existing guys be offended or the culture ruined?

Will be interesting to see who's right - the stand pat crowd or the we don't have enough offense crowd (obv I'm firmly in that camp). Genuinely hope I'm wrong - but see so many other programs add pieces that have lineups mostly returning and few losing a talent like Bouk.

Thought our win vs them without Bouk was one of our best outings of the year. Feel like Freemantle is gonna be one of those guys seems like he's been around a decade by time he's done.

Reaction Score
Xavier has basically everyone back that played a major role, right? And they're adding shooters and other pieces - how does that work lol? Won't existing guys be offended or the culture ruined?

Will be interesting to see who's right - the stand pat crowd or the we don't have enough offense crowd (obv I'm firmly in that camp). Genuinely hope I'm wrong - but see so many other programs add pieces that have lineups mostly returning and few losing a talent like Bouk.

Thought our win vs them without Bouk was one of our best outings of the year. Feel like Freemantle is gonna be one of those guys seems like he's been around a decade by time he's done.
Our squad is still significantly better than Xavier's.

When you have a C+ squad, adding a B level player is a positive. When you have a B+ squad and you add a B level player, that's a negative and you bring down the overall level of the squad.

Unless we got an A level player, which by all accounts we tried to do, adding any other player would have been a negative.

Reaction Score

Sibley and Baldwin did play on the same AAU team (with Duke's Jalen Johnson and Ole Miss Jaemyn Brakefield among others). But Sibley just doesn't seem like the guy that would play for a school like Milwaukee in an arena that fits 10k but only has 500 fans in the seats even before COVID, even if he was best friends with Baldwin. I think he'll head to another power program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom