Big East Transfers | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Big East Transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Seems like an odd pickup for a Big East team. Not ranked and his offers are meager (Drake, Florida Atlantic, McNeese State, Canisius, SIUE, Mount St. Mary's).
These are the kids Providence will be getting now that big bro is back in town

Reaction Score
I disagree with that. PC had Epps, but he wanted to take more visits now that the world is opening back up(would not be surprised if he choose PC again from what his mom said when he decomitted). PC has a few kids in the top 100/150 in the top 5 and 247 crystal ball prediction (who really knows) that said this kid is actually a Penn transfer (FR) with alot of unknown because the Ivy didn't play last season. Chiminade High plays good competitive and produce Tatum and Beal. 6'5, athletic and can stroke it and was one of the best players on the team, let's see what he got. Cooley has a knack for finding the low 3* guys, them developing in the system and some turning them into all BE players(Cartwright, Bullock and my man Bryce Cotton)same with hurley when he was in the A10.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I disagree with that. PC had Epps, but he wanted to take more visits now that the world is opening back up(would not be surprised if he choose PC again from what his mom said when he decomitted). PC has a few kids in the top 100/150 in the top 5 and 247 crystal ball prediction (who really knows) that said this kid is actually a Penn transfer (FR) with alot of unknown because the Ivy didn't play last season. Chiminade High plays good competitive and produce Tatum and Beal. 6'5, athletic and can stroke it and was one of the best players on the team, let's see what he got. Cooley has a knack for finding the low 3* guys, them developing in the system and some turning them into all BE players(Cartwright, Bullock and my man Bryce Cotton)same with hurley when he was in the A10.

Credit where credit is due, Cooley hasn't been great at recruiting but what he does to make the whole greater than the sum of the parts year in and year out is impressive.

I think UConn and Prov will overall be going for very different recruits and thus not much will change on PC's front.

Reaction Score

This offseason, Jamie Dixon has brought in a whopping eight transfers, only two of which are grad transfers. Texas A&M's Emmanuel Miller and Texas Tech's Micah Peavy are the most impressive, but there's also Damion Baugh from Memphis, who was a solid two-way guy for Penny...when all is said and done, their starting lineup could have four transfers.

With sophomore point guard Mike Miles leading the way (13.6p), TCU could be an interesting sleeper this year in the Big 12.

Reaction Score
Whenever you read about so many transfers into one program, it makes me think the coach either

1) is hated by his current players
2) took a lot of chances with the kids transferring out instead of being solid on the trail
3) is taking a lot of chances with the new kids

Regardless, it's not the sign of a healthy program. Like UMess having 8-9 kids from one high school last year.

Reaction Score
Whenever you read about so many transfers into one program, it makes me think the coach either

1) is hated by his current players
2) took a lot of chances with the kids transferring out instead of being solid on the trail
3) is taking a lot of chances with the new kids

Regardless, it's not the sign of a healthy program. Like UMess having 8-9 kids from one high school last year.
All fair points.

With Dixon and TCU, it's hard to say.
  • His '17 class was ranked 37th and out of the four recruits, only RJ Nembhard didn't transfer out (declared this summer to go pro).
  • His '18 class was ranked 35th and every recruit transferred out.
  • His '19 class was ranked 30th and out of the five recruits, Farabello is the only one who transferred out.
  • His '20 class was ranked 58th and Terren Frank has already transferred out.

Reaction Score

Dan Hurley should recruit him (i’m half kidding)

Pretty shocked, however the potential to return to Marquette softens the blow a bit.

If Garcia doesn't return, only 15.2% of their scoring returns led by sophomore Justin Lewis (7.8p) and Greg Elliot (6.2p). Just three returning scholarship players.

I like the pieces Shaka Smart brought in, but with that much turnover and such a young team, I can't peg them any higher than 10th in the Big East. DePaul is the only team I'd comfortably say is below Marquette.

However, with all that new talent, you never know. Will be a very fun team to follow this season.

Reaction Score
I'm willing to bet the farm that they do not finish 10th.
Fair. St. John's and Providence have a good chance to finish below Marquette.

Creighton and Marquette are very similar teams. Good coaches, super young teams with a ton of turnover. Very fun to see how each program does this year.

Reaction Score

Three Big East teams in the mix and would be an excellent defensive addition to either teams’ starting lineup.

However, I’d be surprised if he ends up anywhere else besides Maryland. So much talent returns, great additions Wahab/Fatts: a legit Final Four contender.

Reaction Score
Wow, I was wrong. Great pickup for Marquette. Love him as a player but not thrilled to have to play against him 2+ times this year.

Plug him in to start at the 3 and then let Kolek, Elliott, Ellis and Mitchell battle it out for the starting roles in the backcourt.

Last edited:

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Wow, I was wrong. Great pickup for Marquette. Love him as a player but not thrilled to have to play against him 2+ times this year.

I can't wait to kick their teeth in as revenge for what he did last year.

Reaction Score
Wow. Huge pickup for Marquette. If they can get Garcia back next season as well that’s going to be a game changer for them.

Reaction Score

I haven’t checked on the exact count, but it feels like their roster is THIN for next season so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom