Big East Transfers | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Big East Transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Great spot for Bishop. Hard working kid and happy for him. Between Jones going pro and Sims graduating, Bishop steps right into a starting role at the 5.

With Beard coming in and the talent he's brought in, Texas will be one of my favorite non-Big East teams to watch in 21-22.

No offense to Creighton but imagine going from a catholic school in Nebraska to Austin? Good lord. The kid is in for a time.

Reaction Score

Solid pick up. Lots of Brendan Adams in his game. Between Wusu and Mathis, the Johnnies have some big, physical guards.

They’ll be a tough team for anyone to play I can see the Johnnies stealing some upsets especially earlier in the season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Georgetown gets another good grad transfer piece: 6'7 205 Kaiden Rice out of The Citadel:

17.6p, 4.2r, .414/.348/.887 and about 72% shots are taken from 3. The Citadel ranks top-30 nationally in 3PA/FGA ratio, so a chance some of those attempts were forced based on their system. The Citadel also plays at the 4th fastest pace, so take his stats with a grain of salt. It's also interesting that both transfers (King and Rice) are recruited from teams that rank in the top-four nationally in tempo, which is something Ewing wants to improve.

Defensive stats look barren (1 total block and 11 steals), but nationally The Citadel played terrible D (305th) and were especially conservative in causing turnovers (343th), so his defensive stats are expected and aren't necessarily a great reflection on his play.

About 2/3rds of Rice's minutes were at the 3 while the remaining 1/3 was at the 4, so I assume he'll play the role of a tall perimeter piece to open up space inside.

Weird, take both of the last names of Georgetowns transfers (Tre King and Kaiden Rice) and you get the name of Monmouth coach King Rice.

1618743776600.png

Georgetown entering 21-22 with a deep roster. I'd expect one or two of those third-stringers to transfer out.

1: D. Harris (SO), Beard (FR)
2: Mohammed (FR), Riley (FR), Clark (SO), Berger (SO),
3: Carey (SR), Rice (SR), Holloway (SO)
4: King (SR), Sibley (SO), Billingsley (FR)
5: Mutombo (FR), Igohoefe (JR), Wilson (JR)

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Nice backcourt in Coral Gables between Moore, Wong, Beverly & Bentley Joseph.

Since he won't "be the man" in Miami, I wouldn't be shocked his his putrid 19-20 shooting efficiency improves even more than it did in 20-21.

Reaction Score

Looks like there’s a shot of him returning to DePaul. Being re-recruited by the new coach

Reaction Score

This is an interesting one. Barely played this year, but seems like GTown fans are really upset about this one based on his potential. It’s never good to lose someone that young that has a huge upside.

Reaction Score
I won't pretend to follow Georgetown's roster, is this because of transfers coming in? Or more program bleeding?
Not sure exactly why, but Ewing has had trouble keeping players in the program. Not sure what’s going on internally to cause this.

Based on this kids stats and minutes, I would have to imagine it is a playing time or fit issue, but that is just my own speculation.

Reaction Score
I won't pretend to follow Georgetown's roster, is this because of transfers coming in? Or more program bleeding?
TJ Berger barely played as a freshman and was an unranked recruit, getting offers from Ivies, CAA, and American East and Patriot schools, but no P5s or Big East offers.

Based on @rollskies previous post, I'm not sure why Georgetown fans would be "really upset" over this loss. Simple case of a third-stringer moving on elsewhere to get PT.

Reaction Score
TJ Berger barely played as a freshman and was an unranked recruit, getting offers from Ivies, CAA, and American East and Patriot schools, but no P5s or Big East offers.

Based on @rollskies previous post, I'm not sure why Georgetown fans would be "really upset" over this loss. Simple case of a third-stringer moving on elsewhere to get PT.
I’m not exactly sure either. I was reading some of the responses to the tweet you linked and the fans are saying they are upset, it’s a tough one to swallow, crying emojis, etc.

My reaction was the same as yours. Figured it wouldn’t be a huge deal based on his volume. Assuming it’s potential/upside based. Maybe they just liked having him around. Who knows.

Reaction Score

That'd be a nice pickup for DePaul. Should walk right into a starting PG role next to Javon Liberty-Freeman in the backcourt.

80th best recruit of '20, 11.6 mpg as a freshman so some PT in a good P12.

If Mississippi State gets Terry, they would have a heck of a transfer haul between Garrison Brooks, DJ Jeffries and then adding Terry too.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
I’m not exactly sure either. I was reading some of the responses to the tweet you linked and the fans are saying they are upset, it’s a tough one to swallow, crying emojis, etc.

My reaction was the same as yours. Figured it wouldn’t be a huge deal based on his volume. Assuming it’s potential/upside based. Maybe they just liked having him around. Who knows.
From my observation, when he played, he produced. Looked like a player who should get more PT. Always comfortable when out there, good looking stroke. G'town Fanbase probably recognizes the kid could be a player.

Reaction Score
Jerry Meyer's scouting report on Jalen Terry:

Slight of frame and sub six feet, but extremely quick and fast. Has the ball on a string as a handler. Adept penetrator. Needs to improve shooting percentage inside and outside the arc. Is a good distributor, but at times needs to be stronger with the basketball. Not a physical defender but has a high steal rate with his quickness and anticipation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom