Big East Transfers | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Big East Transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Seen some buzz about Jose Alvarado from Georgia Tech possibly transferring to St. John’s. Seems like SJU is the favorite, but I believe he also has his name in the NBA draft right now.

They are already a gritty defensive team and they would be even better with him. Not entirely sold on them as a team yet with Champegnie’s decision still in the air & the overall amount of turnover they had, but if they return Champegnie and get Alverado, they’d be a really really good team. One of the top in the BE.

Reaction Score

Hmmm. Didn’t see this one coming. Maybe correlates to the pick up of Yetna?

He didn’t play much, but if I remember correctly, this is a player that SHU fans were excited for long-er term.

Edit: Just double checked and he didn’t play a single minute this season. For some reason I thought I remembered SHU fans thinking he would eventually be good, but I don’t fully remember

Last edited:
Reaction Score

MUBB is now 2 players over the scholarship limit for next year, so they must be expecting some more roster turnover. I know Garcia’s return is still up in the air.

I can’t think of a situation where a coach has over-filled a team like this, so not sure how it plays out. Bottom line, a couple more players will be leaving.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Brockington would be a nice pickup for those three Big East teams. Athletic, long, physical guard who can attack the basket.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Providence is having a nice offseason in the way they are retaining and adding old talent. Between Watson and Horchler returning for a 5th year, Reeves entering his 4th year and bringing in both Durham and Minaya...there's six guys on the team that are at least in their 4th year of eligibility.

Reaction Score
Wow. That stinks. Marquette is super deep in every position except point guard.

Their options:
  • Their top '21 recruit, Stevie Mitchell plays PG
  • Tylek Kolek is listed as a PG but he played more of a 2 guard at George Mason. Perchance he starts the season?
I doubt they'll go the transfer route.

Reaction Score

This article is definitely worth the read for BE purposes. I didn’t realize that Xavier has kept almost their entire team in tact.

Also, I knew Creighton’s situation was bad, but I didn’t realize they are losing about 60ppg. Might be worse than I thought.

Even with the loss of Bouk, UConn has made out pretty good so far compared to the rest of the conference. And then there’s Villanova, who was the team to beat this year and also returns most of their production.

Reaction Score

From the article.

Philmon Gebrewhit, the 6-foot-7, 190-pound small forward from South Plains (TX) Community College, committed to DePaul, he told ZAGSBLOG.

Ranked the No. 94 small forward in the Class of 2018 out of Plymouth (NH) Holderness School, he averaged 11.6 points and 3.8 rebounds while shooting 41 percent from deep as a sophomore [in Juco].

Reaction Score

Creighton picking up a D2 transfer.

Hawkins highlights:
  • 6'7 220
  • Was his conference's defensive player of the year in 19-20
  • Shot 46% from 3 in 20-21
  • Averaged 22.6p, 8.8r
Without knowing much about him aside from a few of his stats, he very well could start at the 4 if they want Mason Miller to have some developmental time first.

Reaction Score
Hawkins highlights:
  • 6'7 220
  • Was his conference's defensive player of the year in 19-20
  • Shot 46% from 3 in 20-21
  • Averaged 22.6p, 8.8r
Without knowing much about him aside from a few of his stats, he very well could start at the 4 if they want Mason Miller to have some developmental time first.
Wow! Seems like a good pickup. There is always concern with the jump from D2 to D1, but those are some impressive numbers. Creighton has plenty of room on their roster, so he should definitely get his opportunity.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
If I'm St. John's, I am very nervous the brother does the same. They go from middle of pack to back of pack in Big East if Julian doesn't come back.

Pitt and SJU scheduled a H-H this year and now the significance of that is none.

The best part is that Pitt fans were convinced that scheduling SJU was a way to ensure Champagnie came back. Whoops!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom