Big East Transfers | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Big East Transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A potential 2-for-1 deal with CJ and Simeon?!?!?
I really hope we end up getting Simeon. Him and Corey Floyd play so well together. Do you know if the BE still has their transfer ban within the BE conference? I think they do but I could be wrong

Reaction Score
Coming from someone who doesn’t watch every PC game, I really don’t know what to make of Duke. I love watching him play and I think he should be in the NBA eventually, he has the potential. But I also think he hasn’t been working as Providence’s primary scoring option. Again, big fan of his game, but it just seems like the end of this season really slipped away from him for whatever reason

Reaction Score
Is that true? My understanding was anyone who used the extra year after next season still counts as a scholarship

Reaction Score
I thought they could come back for the 5th year but it was only next year they won't count vs the 13 scholly limit. Even next year they only don't count vs the 13 limit if they play with the same team. Change teams and they will count vs the 13. Am I wrong on this?

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Also with 3 newcomers already signed and likely 3 additional scholarships, we will have about 6 newcomers total, so it might help to have some seniority around in whatever capacity that might be.
I think it likely that Whaley and Polley return. Polley will be much better a year more out from the ACL and with another year of strength training, and Whaley can really work on his shot and ball handling. Carlton, since he’s short on PT, might not.

Reaction Score
I thought they could come back for the 5th year but it was only next year they won't count vs the 13 scholly limit. Even next year they only don't count vs the 13 limit if they play with the same team. Change teams and they will count vs the 13. Am I wrong on this?
No, that's my understanding too. Pretty sure this is correct

Reaction Score
I understand that every player has the option to come back and play 5 years, what I'm saying is their scholarship still counts against the limit of 13. As far as I've seen 2021-22 is a 1 time exception for going over 13

Reaction Score

Maybe this directs Tandy or Wilcher to Minnesota?

Johnson finished his playing career at Minnesota and was an assistant coach there from 2013-18.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Maybe this directs Tandy to Minnesota?

Johnson finished his playing career at Minnesota and was an assistant coach there from 2013-18.

Hmmm. There have been 3 Xavier transfers already. Without knowing much about Ben Johnson, I wouldn’t be surprised to see any of them follow him to Minnesota.

Reaction Score

SJU has already lost three people to the transfer portal. Curious to see how they are gonna fill all these scholarships by next year. So many BE schools, including UConn, will have lots of additions before next season.

Reaction Score

SJU has already lost three people to the transfer portal. Curious to see how they are gonna fill all these scholarships by next year. So many BE schools, including UConn, will have lots of additions before next season.

They've got a nice backcourt/wing group with Posh, Williams and Wusu but between Champagnie possibly going to the NBA, Roberts/Moore transferring and Toro graduating they only have Earlington as a returning frontcourt player.

Perfect case for a grad transfer big to allow Stanley and Traore to develop at their own pace, but earn playing time if they deserve it.

Reaction Score
They've got a nice backcourt/wing group with Posh, Williams and Wusu but between Champagnie possibly going to the NBA, Roberts/Moore transferring and Toro graduating they only have Earlington as a returning frontcourt player.

Perfect case for a grad transfer big to allow Stanley and Traore to develop at their own pace, but earn playing time if they deserve it.
Is Champegnie definitely going to go this year? I am not sure why but I see so much more about his brother getting drafted. I think Julian is just as talented as Justin i’m not sure why he doesn’t get as much love. He was great this year for St. john’s.

Reaction Score

The 6'2 198 guard from North Brunswick, NJ averaged 20.5p, 2.8r, 3.5a,, 52.8 2p%, 43.8 3p% (~62% of FGAs from 3).

Played one year at Minnesota before transferring to American.

This was also a package deal with younger brother Jaquan Harris, a '22 grad, committing to Seton Hall last night. The #143 prospect from St. Thomas Aquinas had offers from UConn, Marquette, Xavier, St. John's, Illinois, Auburn, Rutgers and others.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

This isnt great news for Seton Hall. I believe he started his career there as a walk on, but was a very big piece for them this year.

Edit: I’m a little confused by some of the comments on this tweet. It seems like some SHU fans are happy to see him gone and others are shocked. From an outsiders perspective, it seems like he was a big piece for them, but I don’t follow closely enough to know why there would be disagreement there

Reaction Score

This isnt great news for Seton Hall. I believe he started his career there as a walk on, but was a very big piece for them this year.

Edit: I’m a little confused by some of the comments on this tweet. It seems like some SHU fans are happy to see him gone and others are shocked. From an outsiders perspective, it seems like he was a big piece for them, but I don’t follow closely enough to know why there would be disagreement there

I don't know, this offseason is so unique where I can totally see grad transfers like Shavar Reynolds put their names in the portal and then end up simply graduating and move on from college ball.

Like, if one of our graduates hit the portal, I couldn't get mad. There's no promise any of them are sticking around so if someone chooses to take advantage of a unique situation to play elsewhere, all the power to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom