Big East Transfers | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Big East Transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't really see the downside to our guys coming back.
I don't either for them or the team. Whaley would be delaying money for a season but with more development of his three point shot over another season and he'll end up making more money. Plus, these guys went through basketball hell for a few years, 1 more year to enjoy the sweet life has to look pretty good.

Reaction Score
I don't either for them or the team. Whaley would be delaying money for a season but with more development of his three point shot over another season and he'll end up making more money. Plus, these guys went through basketball hell for a few years, 1 more year to enjoy the sweet life has to look pretty good.
Also with 3 newcomers already signed and likely 3 additional scholarships, we will have about 6 newcomers total, so it might help to have some seniority around in whatever capacity that might be.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
A year of earning potential, but I definitely see the appeal. They labored through some rough years here and it has to feel great to be winning and have momentum going into next year.

Given the pandemic, travel restrictions and the state of affairs in Europe, I don't think the year of earning potential is that much of a concern.

Reaction Score
Given the pandemic, travel restrictions and the state of affairs in Europe, I don't think the year of earning potential is that much of a concern.
True. I think we're pretty much back to normal by the summer but much of the rest of the world will still be dealing with stuff.

Reaction Score
It’s been mentioned before too, but to go through what our seniors went through, to then finally find success with no fans. For a player who plays with the emotion like Whaley, coming back and playing in front of the student section may be very appealing

Reaction Score
One of the kids we mentored would have loved to have an extra yr of eligibility but last year was his senior year. He was in France playing but country got shut down and he couldn’t get home for a minute so he got home when he could. He’s now headed to Uruguay, after a few days prior was thinking Brazil. Not much $. No easy life And he was an all So Con Player.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
One of the kids we mentored would have loved to have an extra yr of eligibility but last year was his senior year. He was in France playing but country got shut down and he couldn’t get home for a minute so he got home when he could. He’s now headed to Uruguay, after a few days prior was thinking Brazil. Not much $. No easy life And he was an all So Con Player.

It's really a bad situation out there. An extra year in college is cushy by comparison.

Reaction Score
Symir Torrence transferred from Marquette today. Former top-75 pick.

From above source:

While you can handwave some issues from his freshman year for purely freshman reasons, the fact of the matter is that Torrence had major flaws when he did get on the floor for Marquette. While his passing ability was unquestionable, he turned the ball over too much. His 30.9% freshman year rate dropped to just 24.9% as a sophomore, and for a team that already has turnover problems, that’s not helpful.

To make matters worse for him and for the team, Torrence’s shooting touch disappeared in the offseason. He had shooting splits of 41% overall, 38% behind the arc, and 73% from the free throw line. This season? 31%, 14%, and 67%. No, seriously, 13.9% from behind the arc, a very not good 5-for-36. With Torrence’s regular playing time already in question, the additions of Kam Jones and Stevie Mitchell to the roster for 2021-22 were more likely to shove Torrence down the depth chart than anything else.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Duke should come back too because he’s just not that good.
He's a talent for sure. If he can tighten up his finishes around the rim, floaters from 8 feet or so and in, and overall explosion, he could have a solid NBA career. Solid, as in possible starter, backup two and point. I mean he's better than Michael Carter-Williams and MCW is still in the league if I'm not mistaken.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
i hope some seniors come back, we're gonna need them. as bad as the teams are this year, next year they'll all be jacked since seniors don't have to leave, and there appears to be no tranfer rules for anyone. feels like, with all these bodies available, that the 'im staying/im outta here' chapter will be followed by the 'new york nets style' management chapter as it rolls out. dream team visions adorn many, many coach's clipboards, im sure. unprecedented.

Reaction Score

I was having trouble imagining Whaley not taking the money in Europe...but your point makes a ton of sense. He can take another year, improve his game and anchor the front court of a team that is clearly on the rise, and enjoy every second it. Enjoy one final year in Storrs while the world gets used to spinning again.

Reaction Score
Yesterday, former St. John's shooter David Caraher committed to High Point to play for Tubby Smith.

Didn't play much for Mike Anderson, but was a 16.2 ppg player for Houston Baptist for his freshman year.

Caraher grew up in Chapel Hill and went to high school less than a mile from High Point. I always find it cool when grad transfers finish their career near home, so I wish him the best.

Reaction Score
Congrats on Nate coming back. Really huge piece for you guys and a really really good player.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I would absolutely love for Whaley to come back. Obviously for selfish reasons. If he chose to leave and make some $$$ i’d be happy for him too. But yeah he’s a a guy i’d want on my team every year until the end of time.
?

Reaction Score

I’m assuming with the coaching change this isn’t gonna be the last for DePaul. Hopefully they can keep some of their better players.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
My question has probably been answered already so apologies beforehand. Are team rosters and scholarships allowed expanded for next season? Would someone please explain how it works for UConn if three guys opt to stay and we bring in three freshman. As a hypothetical, I don't care to speculate on who is staying or leaving. Thanks.

Reaction Score
My question has probably been answered already so apologies beforehand. Are team rosters and scholarships allowed expanded for next season? Would someone please explain how it works for UConn if three guys opt to stay and we bring in three freshman. As a hypothetical, I don't care to speculate on who is staying or leaving. Thanks.
UConn seniors won't count against the scholarship limit if they return. Anyone else will

Reaction Score
Horchler was really impressive towards the end of the season. Very solid player. At the beginning of the season I didn’t think he would be as big of a piece for you guys as he ended up being.

It seems like you guys will have a solid core next year with Watson/Horchler and hopefully Duke returning, but I could also see him declaring for the draft. It’s hard to tell with Duke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom