Big East Transfers | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Big East Transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

This isnt great news for Seton Hall. I believe he started his career there as a walk on, but was a very big piece for them this year.

Edit: I’m a little confused by some of the comments on this tweet. It seems like some SHU fans are happy to see him gone and others are shocked. From an outsiders perspective, it seems like he was a big piece for them, but I don’t follow closely enough to know why there would be disagreement there

They should've been recruiting over him anyways.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I understand that every player has the option to come back and play 5 years, what I'm saying is their scholarship still counts against the limit of 13. As far as I've seen 2021-22 is a 1 time exception for going over 13

That's my understanding. If they stay with the same team. If they switch teams, I believe they count against the 13. But they haven't been completely clear about that.

GoDAWGS

"I Love Whaley"
Reaction Score
It’s been mentioned before too, but to go through what our seniors went through, to then finally find success with no fans. For a player who plays with the emotion like Whaley, coming back and playing in front of the student section may be very appealing

They would all get the heros treatment, the crowd would go nuts for them, I think it might also be fun to have a year were they're the literal and figurative big men on campus

Reaction Score
All the players leaving Cincinnati/Xavier reminds me of Colbert asking an Ohio Congresswoman if she was proud of the fact that more astronauts were from Ohio than any other state? Oh yes she says. Then Colbert asks, "What is it about Ohio that makes people want to leave the planet?"

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
They would all get the heros treatment, the crowd would go nuts for them, I think it might also be fun to have a year were they're the literal and figurative big men on campus

Does hero's treatment pay the bills

Reaction Score
Will be very interesting to see the decisions for the eligible players. Clearly he and Johnson at Xavier could have gone and made money playing ball overseas. I have to say I'm a bit surprised to see them come back but there is obviously a draw.
Yes, a strange year gong forward with transfers and virus extensions. Players have to reassess their futures if it might include the pro level. The fear is that the loyalty to a colligate program is a thing of the past. There are many more options for talented players, not just for males but females as well. Life is filled with changes, enjoy the trip!

Reaction Score

I assume his brother follows suit as well. They both made it clear that they are in it together. Really enjoyed watching Julian this year

Reaction Score
His brother declared earlier this week
I completely missed that one! Or maybe i saw and forgot, I don’t remember at this point

Thanks for the info! It was always assumed Justin was gone this year. Should be a first rounder for sure

Reaction Score
St. John's now with 8 confirmed scholarship players for 20/21.

Even with Abdelmassih at Nebraska, St. John's is poised to be a great landing spot for grad transfers. Nice backcourt with Posh and Williams, so a big and wing would be really helpful. Curious if they nab a late '21 commit like Lucas Taylor or Hutchins-Everett.

GoDAWGS

"I Love Whaley"
Reaction Score
Does hero's treatment pay the bills
Absolutely not, if they go pro I'd be happy for them, if they are in the position to return and want to I just think they would have a good time. Whatever they feel like best for them I'm rooting for all our seniors.

Reaction Score

WOW. Not even sure who they have coming in but this is a big help for them next season.

Wow, that's 3/5rds of their starting lineup. Most excited for Thompson's return, he was a guy I liked to hate last season and Butler keeping talent is good for the Big East.

Reaction Score
St. John's now with 8 confirmed scholarship players for 20/21.

Even with Abdelmassih at Nebraska, St. John's is poised to be a great landing spot for grad transfers. Nice backcourt with Posh and Williams, so a big and wing would be really helpful. Curious if they nab a late '21 commit like Lucas Taylor or Hutchins-Everett.

This helps

Reaction Score

This helps

It doesn't help with their big need, but he's a very good guard who've I've enjoyed watching throughout the years.

If needed, will help St. John's play with three guards with Williams playing the 3 or will be a very capable backup at the 1 and 2. Very good pickup.

Reaction Score
I saw this one. Interesting choice. Nebraska has been horrible the past few years. Wonder if Nebraska is recruiting Simeon Wilcher heavily as well.
They got McGowens too who rates as their best recruit of all time. Plus Breidenbach, a top-100 recruit who rates as their third best recruit fo all time.

Reaction Score
They got McGowens too who rates as their best recruit of all time. Plus Breidenbach, a top-100 recruit who rates as their third best recruit fo all time.
Don’t they have two McGowens brothers there now? I haven’t done any research but they must be trying to get Simeon too. Great recruit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom