Big 12 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Big 12

Reaction Score
Number of Big 12 teams in the Elite 8: 0

Number of teams from conferences that aren’t the Big 12 in the Elite 8: 8

Go Yormark Go!
That’s definitely got to sting for a commissioner highly motivated by the idea of The Big 12 being perceived as the premier basketball conference in America.

Reaction Score
That’s definitely got to sting for a commissioner highly motivated by the idea of The Big 12 being perceived as the premier basketball conference in America.
Maybe they will reach out to us again.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
I disagree with NIL and facilities. How much a school makes from their media contract has no impact on what gets paid in NIL. And UConn BBall has some of the best facilities in the country.

Your concern about exposure isn’t being talked about enough. What happens with the next Big East Fox contract will be telling. Will they push for more streaming or more “prime time” game to be relegated to FS1/2 to give the FOX spots to the BIG / Big12? If that happens, that’s not good.

Hope Val is not ready to roll over and comes up with something creative to ensure we continue to get as much, if not more, exposure on the broadcast fox channel with the pre-game show and whole thing. Don’t let us be back-up content and please dear lord don’t let us end up on a streaming platform.
You don't like Crapple TV? Their MLS coverage is WONDERFUL /s.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
UConn basketball will always have the budget to compete at the highest level. Every other sport will see a reduced budget well before basketball. Basketball is self supporting with the revenue they bring in anyways
Hasn't men's basketball run a deficit for the last decade?

Reaction Score
Hasn't men's basketball run a deficit for the last decade?
It runs a deficit maybe marginally in the black depending on accounting. Now it’s true value is hard to measure, as is footballs and how do you measure donations and alumni/student engagement. But it isn’t like it has a ton of money. It isn’t supposed to be a moneymaker.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
It runs a deficit maybe marginally in the black depending on accounting. Now it’s true value is hard to measure, as is footballs and how do you measure donations and alumni/student engagement. But it isn’t like it has a ton of money. It isn’t supposed to be a moneymaker.
And prospective student applications. I'm at a loss for why the applications have gone up so much in recent years. I would guess winning last year helped this year. It helped drive interest after the dream season. My kid is a sophomore. The applications have gone from about 43K when he applied to 56K this year. That's a huge increase, about 30%.

Reaction Score
I'd imagine the value and quality of education vs the cost is a major driver of applications to UConn. Along with the athletics exposure with months of both men's and women's basketball and the rankings. And the value to the Big East.

Too bad the Big 12 isn't preforming at the Power level for basketball. What have you done for me lately.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think it's been more than a marginal deficit. This year may be different though.

Reaction Score
when St Joes went to the final four all those years ago their applications doubled that year after. Application numbers are a known behavior.

Reaction Score
And prospective student applications. I'm at a loss for why the applications have gone up so much in recent years. I would guess winning last year helped this year. It helped drive interest after the dream season. My kid is a sophomore. The applications have gone from about 43K when he applied to 56K this year. That's a huge increase, about 30%.
I'd imagine that most of Connecticut's college-bound HS grads apply to UConn because it's the state's dominant public university. Since non-resident tuitions across the country are monstrous, and because Storrs is a small, relatively remote college town, enrolling there is like going away to school regardless of where an in-state applicant might live. I doubt that many choose UConn solely because it enjoys basketball success.

It would be interesting to know the ratio of in-state to out-of-state applicants.

Reaction Score
Also helps that it was a free application day on November 1 for all state residents.

Reaction Score
The common app has caused applications to go up astronomically at many schools.
Kids fill out one application - hit the send button....plus a fee and they can apply to multiple schools very easily. This causes a lot of very qualified students to not get into their top choice schools.

Reaction Score
The common app has caused applications to go up astronomically at many schools.
Kids fill out one application - hit the send button....plus a fee and they can apply to multiple schools very easily. This causes a lot of very qualified students to not get into their top choice schools.
Add a no-fee application day on top of the common app.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom