OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 296 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Reaction Score
I live in New Haven but went to Frank Pepe’s Pizza in Danbury last weekend. It was the same level of pizza but with a shorter line.
Agreed... and some of the pepe are just ok

Reaction Score
I remember the Danbury location being very good, the Fairfield location was not.
only new haven ppl can comment on pepe/sally in a different town/state… nobody else should comment even prez.

danny gets a pass ; )

Reaction Score
I had a pepperoni large from E&D from avon. They are slipping. Under cooked and greasy....boo

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I don't know why...

Tavern Style Pizza and its Crispy Thin Crust Is Taking Over the US - Bloomberg

Less carbs and less filling with the thinner crust. So long as the crust can support the toppings and it doesn't taste like cardboard, so be it.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
No one but those of us who grew up in CT have any idea how good the pizza is in CT. I left CT in 1990 lived in New Hampshire, South Carolina, Texas, Chicago for 20 years and now Florida since 2010. The only place that was close was Chicago, the stuffed pizza was ok Giordanos or Lou Malnatis were very good but there was a place north of the city called Olando’s it was my favorite but only cuz it reminded me of CT pizza. You can have the New York style pizza never was a big fan.

Reaction Score
Throwing shade on Avon... lol
Check out Mercato -- Canton/Avon line ..Valley Shoppes.. Rt 44.. Not a classic pizza joint but Italian cuisine.. Pretty cool place for cocktails if you get there before 4PM.. Have a Cesena wood fire stove custom built but haven't tried the pies yet.. Reservations recommended if with your lady friend.. Visuals are pretty good ..If you know what I mean..

Reaction Score
Check out Mercato -- Canton/Avon line ..Valley Shoppes.. Rt 44.. Not a classic pizza joint but Italian cuisine.. Pretty cool place for cocktails if you get there before 4PM.. Have a Cesena wood fire stove custom built but haven't tried the pies yet.. Reservations recommended if with your lady friend.. Visuals are pretty good ..If you know what I mean..
Is that the new restaurant in the canton shops. ?

Reaction Score
Tried to get Little Rendezvous while dropping something off to my family in Meriden this weekend but the wait was 1:45 and I needed to be home in about that amount of time. So instead drove 15 minutes to Mondo in Middletown was ready in 25. It's a solid thin pie with good sauce but not enough. Will ask for extra sauce when and if I go there again.

Reaction Score

Ok I get it with a lady friend I appreciate that but would you recommend reservations if with your wife?

Reaction Score
Ok I get it with a lady friend I appreciate that but would you recommend reservations if with your wife?
My bad.. Of course.. As I will do/would do.. Just get the vibe that @husky99 is a younger dude and yet still a Renaissance man..

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Tried to get Little Rendezvous while dropping something off to my family in Meriden this weekend but the wait was 1:45 and I needed to be home in about that amount of time. So instead drove 15 minutes to Mondo in Middletown was ready in 25. It's a solid thin pie with good sauce but not enough. Will ask for extra sauce when and if I go there again.
My nephew ordered from Little Rendezvous a week after Portnoy visited. Put the order in at 4:00 and they said it won't be ready until 8:00. I guess I'll wait a few months before going.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score

I tried stopping in a couple days after Portnoy did his review and it was over an hour wait at 1PM when I was in the area. That and cash only. Now I know for next time I am working down there to call it in and bring cash.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom